Quattro not working, now what?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
hobbs

Quattro not working, now what?

Post by hobbs » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:08 am

Wife has tried both small & extra small Quattro FFM and cannot get leaks under control. Anyone gone from a Quattro to something else that worked better? Her best results were with a Activa and taping, but went to a FFM because of breaking out from the tape.

LinkC

Re: Quattro not working, now what?

Post by LinkC » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:18 am

Cinco, maybe?

Sorry...bad joke. And in a foreign language to boot!

I think most of us have gone thru several interfaces before finding "the one". Sadly, that seems to be part of the process. And what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another. I had 4 FF masks before learning they weren't for me. So I went to nasal pillows and taping. Finally found my Innomed Hybrid.

IF the leaks are up in the eye/nosebridge area, one of the hybrids (Liberty is the other popular one) might be the answer. I went there because any traditional FF was hard on my nose, and tape strong enough to stay sealed took skin off when removed. (Duct tape and lips do NOT mix! j/k)

I think I still have 5 masks in my drawer and have given 2 away. -sigh-

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

Cygnusia

Post by Cygnusia » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:12 am

Well, there is the FullLife mask that came out not too long ago. From what I've been reading it looks to be a pretty excellent facehugger.

Look in my dreams, They're getting stranger by the minute

--Porcupine Tree

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 am

"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

teresamichele

Post by teresamichele » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:01 pm

hobbs wrote:Wife has tried both small & extra small Quattro FFM and cannot get leaks under control. Anyone gone from a Quattro to something else that worked better? Her best results were with a Activa and taping, but went to a FFM because of breaking out from the tape.
Is it possible it's too tight? I have that mask and it wasn't till I made it loose enough to rest that it worked without leaks.

"If you weren't trying for it yesterday, why should you have it today?" - Dave Barnes

Sleepy Boy

Post by Sleepy Boy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi Hobbs: I went from the Quattro to the Swift LT five months ago-been happy ever since. Leak rate from 2-6 every night. Much better than anything I've tried before..

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:25 am

Hope your wife finds a mask that works. I love the Quattro, leak rates are lower then Swift LT & Hybrid. I achieve 0.0 consistently. I wear my mask sligthly loose, wash cushion daily, wash face prior to sleep. Went one time without doing so, leak rate increased.

DME suggested, that I adjust the nose gauge once I lay down, get comfortable, pressure maxed, I turned off the ramp feature. Cause I used to have to wait, for cpap to reach max pressure. She said, alot of people adjust prior to laying down, min cpap pressure, ending up with leaks from the nose bridge.

Good luck finding the mask that works.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:54 am

hobbs wrote:Wife has tried both small & extra small Quattro FFM and cannot get leaks under control. Anyone gone from a Quattro to something else that worked better? Her best results were with a Activa and taping, but went to a FFM because of breaking out from the tape.
WHERE is it leaking?

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05