Replacement Parts

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OneCatBelleSundance

Replacement Parts

Post by OneCatBelleSundance » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:22 am

I've been on CPAP since July 17. After reading about the need to change nasal pillows every three months or so I called my DME and was told they don't sell just the nasal pillows. There recommendation is to change out the complete head gear every six months and that my insurance will pay for it. Does this make sense? It seems like the complete head gear should last longer than 6 months and that the DME is just trying to pad their pockets. I have an Opus 360 and it has worked quite well for me.

On a good note the DME will mail me replacement filters so I don't have to drive all the way across town and will bill my insurance. But, they won't mail me a hose cover. The DME has them in stock but I need to "pick" out the one I want. Any comments?

Thanks
OneCat

drj130

Re: Replacement Parts

Post by drj130 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 am

Why not check out the host https://www.cpap.com or you can check out their auction site http://www.cpapauction.com.

They both have a lot of good deals there.

David

Look twice, save a life. You never know when you might see a motorcyclist.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:02 pm

I ran into a similar problem with my DME (Apria). I wanted just new gel cushon for my Comfort Gel nasal mask. They indicated that I should order a new complete mask since medicare will pay for it. I insisted and they agreed to special order the replacement gel cushon.....I got it in 4 days so I wonder if they had it in stock all the time.

Irene P.

Post by Irene P. » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 pm

I also have an Opus 360. When I needed a new pillow, Apria provided me with one. My 20% copay was more than $5.00.

jweeks

Post by jweeks » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi,

I am a self-pay, so I am very price sensitive. I have been buying replacement nasal pillows from my Swift LT off of E-bay for about $12 each. They come new in a sealed package with the vendor logo on it. You may be able to find pillows for your mask this way, too.

-john-