Aura temptation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:57 pm

yeah, try to get that service from your DME an ten times the price

FMichael4

There is no real perfection

Post by FMichael4 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:25 pm

Yes, cpap.com's customer service is top notch. They have been very easy to deal with each time I have ordered something.

Last night was not the best night with the Aura. The pin hole leak, although it gives me better results than I had with the UM, was pretty annoying. Plus, I had a difficult time maintaining a good seal the last hour or two of the night.

I still think the Aura has great potential for me. One bad night out of five.

Michael

Go Nationals!!!!

snork1

Post by snork1 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:43 pm

Whats the word on how quiet the Aura is compared to say an Activa?

I may yet have to spring for one of these out of pocket, to give it a try.

Of course there isn't a chance of getting it through my local DME under my insurance, given it took over a month just to get a "highly unusual, rarely used" activa.

Odd thing I noticed...My new standard size Activa is much more noisy than my large size, and its NOT due to any leakage. In fact the smaller size seals much BETTER and easier. That may yet nudge me into trying the Aura IF its QUIET.

Remember:
What you read above is only one data point based on one person's opinion.
I am not a doctor, nor do I even play one on TV.
Your mileage may vary.
Follow ANY advice or opinions at your own risk.
Not everything you read is true.

guest13

lori-i'm getting guested...but

Post by guest13 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:10 pm

Lori:

was away and i got back tonight to see you had two great nights with the AURA! the SWIFT is great for many of us (you too) but it sounds like the AURA is even better for you! couldn't be happier for YOU!

ever onward ever upward!

best to you,
steve,
ufo13

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:55 pm

Of course there isn't a chance of getting it through my local DME under my insurance, given it took over a month just to get a "highly unusual, rarely used" activa.
Sorry, Snork, but LOL!!! You wouldn't even want to try that one. No DMEs carry the Aura that I've heard of yet. Mine didn't. I bought it on this site, but so far was well worth every penny. Mine is not quiet by any stretch of the imagination, but it's just like my Swift was. It doesn't bother me at all. I don't know if you'd consider it "noisy" or not. When I inhale, I hear it. No big deal to me. I can't tell you what you would find noisy or not. I wish I could. And I've only used it two nights so far. I am praying the great luck I've had lasts. But it has for others, like Wading and seamaiden and Rested Gal, so...

Steve,
As usual, you say the sweetest things. Every time I read one of your posts to me, all I can say is, "AWWW." Boy, your momma done raised you right. Thanks for the support and caring, as always! Yes, the Swift is still a great interface, IMHO, but I am seriously falling in love with the Aura. If it continues to behave itself, I will be in interface heaven (notice how I am giving life to these masks/interfaces, the Aura behaving itself??? Scary, isn't it?). Hope your being away was for a fun-filled vacation and not business-related.
Have a wonderful night, my friend!

L o R i

Jan in Colo.

Post by Jan in Colo. » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:14 pm

Am I the only one that is weirded out by the prospect of duct tape and pantyhose to hold my masks in proper position or whatever? The masks are ugly enough as they come fresh out of the box....the idea of using panty-liners or other additions to make them work is just not sitting well with me!

And I'm the one who posted on some other thread about vanity causing non-compliance issues, lol. Well, I'm not too vain to wear a mask straight out of the box, but ...well, yes...I'm WAY too vain to duct tape it! My husband is already looking at the trophy wives in the neighborhood imagining that they probably are not hoseheads, lol! Well, he's only looking a LITTLE and a little sheepishly at that....and I'm constantly telling him how expensive those damn airhead trophy wives would be, but still......no duct tape in my bedroom! No tying my equpment to the bed with pantyhose! Not for another 15-20 years anyhow, lol!

Jan in Colo.

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:28 pm

I'm with you Jan, LOL I mean we have to have principles about the little bit of dignityt we have left

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:56 am

And personally I don't care what it takes to get as good a night's sleep as I can get. I think pride has already been thrown out the window when you have to wear a mask. If the incorporation of pantyliners under the cheek pads of the Comfort Curve or a panyhose leg stretched around to tie the mask in place helps to achieve that, oh well.

Jan, maybe it's in your mind that your husband is thinking those things about the "trophy wives" in your neighborhood because of how you feel when you wear the mask. And. not for nothing, and maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if he is truly doing that, and you really think if it's due to your wearing a mask to bed, you may have more problems than using a stretched pantyhose leg to keep the mask in place at night. No offense, but that doesn't sound to good to me. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, he loves you and only you and YOUR insecurity about how you look in it is making you think his eyes are wondering. I couldn't blame you if you felt that way, but I'll bet it's not really what you think.

L o R i

WAFlowers

Post by WAFlowers » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:48 am

I look all I want and my wife lets me. She tells me I can get my appetite anywhere I want so long as I have my dessert at home .
The CPAPer formerly known as WAFlowers

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:11 pm

I look all I want and my wife lets me. She tells me I can get my appetite anywhere I want so long as I have my dessert at home.
Like she could stop you anyway (just kidding). I think it's normal for the opposite sex to look at each other, as long as it doesn't get irritating to one or the other. Leering is one thing, but even women look at other beautiful women. I'm don't swing that way, but if I see a drop dead gorgeous woman, I will look, too. A thing of beauty, regardless of what it is, is to be admired, but just on the surface.

If it becomes more than just a glance to admire, then there's a problem, IMHO. I mean, if drool starts to fall from your husband's/wife's lips...

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:13 pm

Sorry, got guested...geesh! But that last one was me.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:14 pm

TWICE...GOT GUESTED TWICE, EVEN AFTER I THOUGHT I SIGNED IN.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:16 pm

SOMETHING IS GOING ON...IN CASE I GET GUESTED AGAIN, AFTER SIGNING IN NOW THREE TIMES, THIS IS SLEEPLESS ON LI.

FMichael4

Post by FMichael4 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:02 pm

Sleepless on LI wrote:And personally I don't care what it takes to get as good a night's sleep as I can get. I think pride has already been thrown out the window when you have to wear a mask.
And THAT is what it is all about, isn't it?
Michael

Go Nationals!!!!

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:16 pm

Sleepless,

spoken by a woman.

Now would you be so cavaleir if it were held in place by a jockstrap and a condom?
LOL