O/T- Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Beagles

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NotMuffy

Re: O/T- Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Beagles

Post by NotMuffy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:06 pm

So Well wrote:
Bons wrote:Our country was founded on Judeo Christian values.

If you could take a poll of the founders, you would find that not one of them knew what this term means.
Yeah, but the FFs could play a mean Cover 2.
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."

NotMuffy

Post by NotMuffy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:57 pm

And interestingly, it was the Colonials who invented most of the offensive schemes we see today, including "The West Coast Offense" (a concept that WRs Hancock and Jefferson never really got the hang of-- "West Coast? West Coast of what?"); the "Run and Shoot"; and several "gadget" plays, including the "Statue of Liberty" (a slot receiver by the name of P. Henry was big on this play. "If we don't run the S of L, I'll kill myself!" he was heard to say.)

NotMuffy

Post by NotMuffy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:45 am

NotMuffy wrote:...it was the Colonials who invented most of the offensive schemes we see today...
Also, their base offense was "The Musket", where, instead of the quarterback receiving the snap from center at the line of scrimmage, he stood farther behind the line of scrimmage, often five to seven yards back.

Unfortunately, Coach Washington never received credit for this innovative offense, and it was essentially stolen by Dallas' Tom Landry and reintroduced as "The Shotgun" in order to make it seem a little more "timely".
Last edited by NotMuffy on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotMuffy

Post by NotMuffy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:59 am

NotMuffy wrote:
NotMuffy wrote:...it was the Colonials who invented most of the offensive schemes we see today...
Also, their base offense was "The Musket", where, instead of the quarterback receiving the snap from center at the line of scrimmage, he stood farther behind the line of scrimmage, often five to seven yards back.

Unfortunately, Coach Washington never received credit for this innovative offense, and it was essentially stolen by Dallas' Tom Landry and reintroduced as "The Shotgun" in order to make it seem a little more "timely".
OTOH, it is not very likely that any NFL team will surpass the season records established by the Colonials during the '77 season, where they gained 186,472 yards and scored 691 touchdowns, culminating with a victory at the inaugural Poulan Weedeater Bowl (AKA The Battle of Saratoga).

These huge numbers on offense were undoubted aided by the fact that they were using real muskets.

I tell ya, they ruined the game when the "Rules Committee" started coming out with all that safety crap, like padding, helmets, prohibiting firearms, etc.

NotMuffy

Post by NotMuffy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:51 am

In this shot, we see the Colonials in their famed "46 Defense":

Clearly, you can see how effective this formation would be against "The Run".

NotMuffy

Post by NotMuffy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:28 am

Despite the success of the Colonists in the '70s, they never did that well in the BCS rankings.

Obviously, the BCS computers had a bias against the non-Big 6 teams even back then (the Big 6 at that time were England, France, Spain, Notre Dame, the Packers (with Brett Favre) and the Yankees (with Mariano Rivera as a rookie)).

This all changed when the Colonists went undefeated in '81, winning the mythical "National Championship" (so to speak) with a victory over England in the Tostidos Fiesta Bowl (which was played in Yorktown when they couldn't use the planned covered stadium following a collapse of the Metrodome).

roster

Post by roster » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:09 pm

I am generally against new laws, we have way too many already, but bear baying needs to be stopped: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/bear-a ... z19d2EgEV9

Please sign the petition.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

KillingMe

Post by KillingMe » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:54 am

Strange what gets so much discussion on a CPAP forum. ??

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:54 am

Except for you, the last post was over 3 years ago--hardly current!
I'm retired, and I don't have time to go back 3 years to find inane topics to comment on.
I'm sad for you --to be so bored.

jaye8898

Post by jaye8898 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:39 pm

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man"
-- Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

Not my place to judge his actions. He had a jury and he has a God. However, I love animals and cannot bear to see them hurt and the cruelty and suffering he caused is immeasurable. Additionally, studies show that people who are cruel to animals are prone to escalation to violence against people.

I believe he will re-offend. If someone has the capacity for that type of cruelty in them it does not go away by being locked in a cell for a while. There is a lack of empathy that prohibits him from understanding another being's suffering. Wonder how many animals OJ hurt.......I don't care for football but I'm ashamed he represents my home town.

My feeling is that if I were on the jury I would have voted for life without the possibility of parole, but wait, animals are not important enough to receive that type of justice in our enlightened society. Perhaps, in the afterlife, he will be like Prometheus, and every day he will be torn to pieces by the dogs he hurt, and then his body will grow back only to have the same thing happen again the next day. Now that sounds like justice!

jaye8898

Post by jaye8898 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:47 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Except for you, the last post was over 3 years ago--hardly current!
I'm retired, and I don't have time to go back 3 years to find inane topics to comment on.
I'm sad for you --to be so bored.
Some of us have not seen the old posts and are compelled to give our opinion....human nature......no need for sadness!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Old posts, old books, maybe reading the Old Testament, could help, Eye for a eye always sounded fair for me.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Judge Nap

Post by Judge Nap » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 am

Cop shoots another fine working dog and pet - http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/man-c ... 1aPJFeOJzi

This happens way too often. It has become common practice with some law enforcement agencies, if a dog comes barking, they shoot him.

Cops kill more dogs every year than Vick did.