O/T- Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Beagles

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepyT

O/T- Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Beagles

Post by SleepyT » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:21 pm

"Knowledge is power."

Hoze-Zay

Re: O/T- Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Beagles

Post by Hoze-Zay » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:54 am

I have already sent the franchise a (Written) letter telling them that my TV will conveniently be turned off each time there is even a slight chance of hearing a mere utterance of anything to do with them.

roster

Post by roster » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:07 pm

I have done voluntary work to get prison inmates jobs. Upon release from prison, it is very important that they have a source of income and a job that makes them feel worthy.

I have worked alongside a murderer and other criminals.

Our Creator gives us all additional chances.

We should exhibit grace also.

Good luck* Michael Vick. I will be listening to 60 Minutes on Sunday night. I hope you are remorseful and changed for life.

*But not too much good luck on 9/13 when you are visiting the Carolina Panthers.

Rooster

Hoze-Zay

Post by Hoze-Zay » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:12 pm

rooster wrote:I have done voluntary work to get prison inmates jobs. Upon release from prison, it is very important that they have a source of income and a job that makes them feel worthy.

I have worked alongside a murderer and other criminals.

Our Creator gives us all additional chances.

We should exhibit grace also.

Good luck* Michael Vick. I will be listening to 60 Minutes on Sunday night. I hope you are remorseful and changed for life.

*But not too much good luck on 9/13 when you are visiting the Carolina Panthers.

Rooster
I hope he becomes the daily menu in pit-bull hell. Anyone that Electrocutes, drowns, and then throws his own house dogs in the pen to be torn to shreds by his pits deserves a bullet to the head instead of being allowed to be around people.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:32 pm

rooster wrote:I have done voluntary work to get prison inmates jobs. Upon release from prison, it is very important that they have a source of income and a job that makes them feel worthy....Our Creator gives us all additional chances...we should exhibit grace also.

Ya know, Rooster, as much as this animal-loving Virginian really does not want to agree with you, you ARE right! Man, it's hard, though, when what I really want to do is....Never mind.

He should be watched like a hawk.

Last edited by WearyOne on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoze-Zay

Post by Hoze-Zay » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:41 pm

WearyOne wrote:
rooster wrote:I have done voluntary work to get prison inmates jobs. Upon release from prison, it is very important that they have a source of income and a job that makes them feel worthy....Our Creator gives us all additional chances...we should exhibit grace also.

Ya know, Rooster, as much as this animal-loving Virginian really does not want to agree with you, you ARE right! Man, it's hard, though, when what I really want to do is....Never mind.

He should be watched like a hawk.

Pam
I guarantee he will do it again! ONce the pressure is off he will have to do it just show that he can get by with it.

SleepyT

Post by SleepyT » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Well...I believe Vick (and his brother, Marcus) have been thugs for a while now....and I was surely sorry to see how they behaved at my beloved Virginia Tech (class of 81...go Hokies!)

And I won't carry on down this line of thinking...just because! But! I do wonder how much of this new development is about remorse and giving a young man another chance...and how much of it is about $$$$$ cha ching!

T.

"Knowledge is power."

midnightdweary

Post by midnightdweary » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Well, we'll have to wait and see. (if he's really repentitent) As a Va. Tech fan (live 35 miles from Blacksburg), I'm one who has followed his career closely. However, I am an animal lover also. (2 dogs, 4 cats, and 3 birds). What he did was disgusting and detestable. I swore I would never again watch him play football again.

I'm not sure how I feel. I want to be forgiving, but forgiveness also assumes that there is a correct spirit in the one whose seeking it. I'll probably watch him play, but like you said, at the slightest indication of the same tendencies as before, I would say as I did before, "throw the bum out." Second chances have to be deserved, not just given randomly.

I still think about the poor dogs and the suffering. I just wish I could take on the body and position of someone like Chris Canty (defensive end for the Giants who they play on Nov. 1, at 6'7'' and 300 pounds) just for one quarter and Vick was the opposing QT. (well,.... I probably wouldn't last a whole quarter.... roughing the passer would be putting it mildly)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:58 pm

I have always said that I could almost understand beating an adult. I can almost understand doing harm to an abusing spouse.

I will never, ever be able to understand (or excuse) anyone that abuses a child or animals.

While I understand his "rights" now that he has paid his debt to society in the eyes of the law, I cannot stomach him for what he did and allowed to be done. I simply cannot get past those images I saw.

BTW I carry spiders, that make their way into the house, outside.

It's a good thing he isn't a bug in my house. It would not be pretty.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Hoze-Zay

Post by Hoze-Zay » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:19 pm

A Hoze-zay bed time story.
Years ago in a small town in Arkansas there was a guy who got caught torturing animals. He was sent to jail and he was rehabbed as they way.
Then he came back to town and got a job. Everyone said he has paid his dues so lets welcome him back. He got a job at the grocery and became a model citizen. A few years later he needed surgery and was put in the hospital and as a gesture of good will several of the women of the town got the police to open his house so they could clean it. DEAD ANIMALS ALL OVER THE PLACE.
He will be like Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy he will get smarter but the need to do it will arise.

I have killed probably a hundred animals for meat but it was because I needed the meat to survive and in my own way I apologized to their spirits. I TRIED MY BEST TO NOT LET THEM SUFFER. There is a difference between the way I do it and the way he did it. He is sick and I was hungry. And to say that it was because he was raised in the Thug Life is BS. I don't care what life you live in men are men and they should act like men. Men in the thug life know this and they should be coming forward and saying this man is sick. Torture is Torture and Sick is Sick anyway you spell it.

roster

Post by roster » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:43 pm

According to the Humane Society, three to four million healthy dogs are euthanized in shelters in the U.S. every year. Many of these are euthanized using crude measures such as hooking the exhaust of the truck up to a solid cage. Certainly no fun.

How many dogs are killed on the road each year? The Humane Society says it doesn't know, but believes it is in the range of 0.5 to 1.0 million per year.

Plenty of irresponsible dog owners out there. Plenty of dogs living in very bad conditions.

Even more dogs living in "good" conditions but suffering badly from neuroses because the owners treat them like members of the family and do not know the importance of exercise and discipline. I see the neurotic dogs in the state park where I run. When I pass them on the trail the owners stop and hold their leash firmly while the dogs glare with a look of fear in their eyes. That is a bad life for the dog. Now I will add that many of the people in the park understand dogs, discipline and exercise and their dogs are relaxed when I pass.

Plenty of people - we know them personally and some are family members.

I sentence them all to watch the next 15 episodes of Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan and then change their ways.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

Hoze-Zay

Post by Hoze-Zay » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:55 pm

rooster wrote:According to the Humane Society, three to four million healthy dogs are euthanized in shelters in the U.S. every year. Many of these are euthanized using crude measures such as hooking the exhaust of the truck up to a solid cage. Certainly no fun.

How many dogs are killed on the road each year? The Humane Society says it doesn't know, but believes it is in the range of 0.5 to 1.0 million per year.

Plenty of irresponsible dog owners out there. Plenty of dogs living in very bad conditions.

Even more dogs living in "good" conditions but suffering badly from neuroses because the owners treat them like members of the family and do not know the importance of exercise and discipline. I see the neurotic dogs in the state park where I run. When I pass them on the trail the owners stop and hold their leash firmly while the dogs glare with a look of fear in their eyes. That is a bad life for the dog. Now I will add that many of the people in the park understand dogs, discipline and exercise and their dogs are relaxed when I pass.

Plenty of people - we know them personally and some are family members.

I sentence them all to watch the next 15 episodes of Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan and then change their ways.
Yeppers, there are lots of people out there that treat dogs bad but they don't murder them in cold blood. I think you and vick might need to get some help.

Hoze-Zay

Post by Hoze-Zay » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Rooster, I can't believe that you trust criminals. Just the other day a Clinton Aid was arrested for sneaking knives into help prisoners to escape in our state. She fell for their psycological BS and it looks like you did the same.

You need to check up on the stats, all the prisoners just come out stronger, and smarter nowdays. Vick did the same.

My brother-in-law became a preacher in a prison ministry in Broken Arrow OK. He then helped them and is now living in a swamp in Florida.

What Vick did to the dogs was sick any way you roll the dice and for you to say you forgive him without ever meeting him is just insane. You did not alalyze him so you are only blowing smoke when you defend him.

Take religion out of the equation, this guy is sick.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Yeah, lets give that poor soul a second chance (to make millions for himself and the team and franchise).

How many would be willing to give him a chance in the NFL if it had been just ONE young girl or boy???

But because it was "just" dogs ... regardless how many .... This country is all about M-O-N-E-Y and just about anything can be forgiven for ... M-O-N-E-Y.

I don't intend to cut my nose off to spite my face. But I CAN guarantee I will NEVER watch another Philadelphia Eagles game on TV - not even if it is the Super Bowl and their opponent is my beloved New England Patriots.

I'd rather the Elways and the Favres and the Bradys, decent men. Not a thug or reformed thug capable of such cruelty.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Hoze-Zay

Post by Hoze-Zay » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Slinky wrote:Yeah, lets give that poor soul a second chance (to make millions for himself and the team and franchise).

How many would be willing to give him a chance in the NFL if it had been just ONE young girl or boy???

But because it was "just" dogs ... regardless how many .... This country is all about M-O-N-E-Y and just about anything can be forgiven for ... M-O-N-E-Y.

I don't intend to cut my nose off to spite my face. But I CAN guarantee I will NEVER watch another Philadelphia Eagles game on TV - not even if it is the Super Bowl and their opponent is my beloved New England Patriots.

I'd rather the Elways and the Favres and the Bradys, decent men. Not a thug or reformed thug capable of such cruelty.
What She Said^^^^^^^^^