Solution for Swift side sleepers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:11 pm

Sleepyman,

Wish I could take credit for the hose idea, but that is Tridens all the way. Yes, the photos are mine, with my daughter's help, too. And, yes, I will accept credit for the toe bandages. I have been using them with no swoosh marks anymore, I'm happy to say. Just a slight line above where the top of the cheekbone is, but it goes away in no time. But the major C on the cheeks and the extension Nike swoosh is gone.

I'm so happy we are all getting the kinks out of the Swift so it can be trouble-free. I can't wait to try Tridens' idea tonight. Seems like a simple but fantastic solution to the major problem with this interface. Now if only Resmed would take my email to them about the straps to heart and invent a new padded, less stiff mark-causing type of strap, we'd be in business.

PS: Sleepyman, who is your wife doing???

Pleasant sleep, all! We'll have to compare notes in the AM.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): resmed, hose, swift

L o R i

Sleepyman

Post by Sleepyman » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:18 pm

Lori,
My wife is back to work, BP down and no more pain. She seems to be getting the desired results from the new BP medication, has not needed to use the nitro at all. Thanks for your prayers and good wishes.

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:55 pm

Lori,
My wife is back to work, BP down and no more pain. She seems to be getting the desired results from the new BP medication, has not needed to use the nitro at all. Thanks for your prayers and good wishes

I am very glad, for you both! Great news.

L o R i

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:07 pm

Great ideas! Great pictures! Beautiful model! Superb lab-ratting all 'round!

Ya'll are helping soooo many people!

WTG!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:10 pm

Rested Gal,

You taught me how to upload photos to this site (and so many other cpap-related things). So you can share in the credit for the photos. Now, maybe you have no part in sharing the credit for the "beautiful" model... . I'll give her the compliment so at least she'll feel better about being seen on a public site like this, wearing mom's cpap contraption (can you imagine at 12 doing that???). I have to give her credit for helping because at that age, this could be a living disaster if her friends ever got wind of it!!!

L o R i

Tridens

Post by Tridens » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:30 pm

Great pictures, Lori! Please thank your daughter for having the courage and heart to do that for all of our benefit.

If you're concerned about having them "discovered," you could always use a photo editing package to blur out her facial features. Just an idea.

I'm sure my daughter would have been willing, but I don't think it would have turned out as well since she's 3.

Thanks again!

Tridens
Tridens

Tridens

Post by Tridens » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:37 pm

Well it looks like YOU came up with a simple BUT great idea to make the SWIFT even better!! i just adjusted my mask the way you said to, and IT WORKS GREAT!!! So much BETTER!!! Thanks for the great POST!! I know it will work GREAT tonight!!!

Greatly appreciated!!
my best to you,
steve,
ufo13
Steve,

You're more than welcome! It's really a blessing to be able to help others via this site...the power and reach of the web still amazes me!

Tridens

Tridens

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:58 pm

Tridens,

Hey, blur her face out and ruin her modeling debut? I wouldn't dream of it. She might have, but not me (LOL).

She's a great girl and she put it all aside to help people who have the same problem as her mom. She knows how important it is and it really was no big deal to her. I was just joking around. Not that she's going to go giving out any URLs to those photos to any of her friends, but..

I think the photos would have been great had your 3 year old daughter posed for us, too! Next time.

In the meanwhile, I'm really looking forward to giving your idea a try tonight, as are probably quite a few other Swift lovers on this site. Thanks again for your ingenuity.

L o R i

heretolearn

Post by heretolearn » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:21 pm

Just fixed my Swift ,per directions and photos. Will try it tonight!
I will even try to look for the toe bandages tomorrow. Thanks for the great hint!

seanconnery

Post by seanconnery » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:58 pm

What a great idea - clever and resourceful!!
Please thank your model - she is adorable and brave to take this on for us!

wb9tpg

Post by wb9tpg » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:50 am

Lori,

THANK YOU! I tried the new hose position last night and it is great. Now I now can sleep on either side without the hose getting in the way.

Gary

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:19 am

Friends

In case you haven't noticed, what you've done is "Breezing" the Swift, making a loop in front of the face, and a connection on to of the head.
Congratulations!

Looks great. And your daughter, Lori, is a real sweety for agreeing to help.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:21 am

Thank you to all for the comments about my daughter being so helpful. She will be told to read those comments and I'm sure she will feel very good about doing the modeling.

H O W E V E R . . . THIS WAS NOT MY IDEA!!!! IT WAS TRIDENS (sorry, Tridens, but the photos have everyone thinking I came up with it-almost sorry that I did it now because of...).

I feel horrible that everyone is telling me how great this idea was when I didn't come up with it. He did. I just offered the photos as he wasn't sure how to upload them into a post. ALL THE CREDIT needs to go to the person who came up with the idea, and that person is TRIDENS.

I will be happy to accept responsibility/blame/accolades for those of you who try my toe bandage fix for the swoosh lines, as pictured in the photos of my daughter (above in earlier post of this thread), but I cannot even share in one iota of the credit for coming up with the hose positioning idea, although I'd love to be able to. It was all his doing.

Now, about last night...the position is dynamite, but I need more than one night to get used to being attached to the top of my bed. I feel a restraint when I turn over. We don't have a headboard and I just use my king pillow sham behind my Tempur Pedic standard size pillow to place the hose behind, so it's kind of hard to feel like you can't move that much or you'll pull the hose out from behind the pillow. But the place the hose is situated as a result of TRIDENS ingenuity is fantastic. WTG, Tridens!!!

And, Sean, looking good, baby ...

L o R i

Haku

Post by Haku » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:39 am

You can use this solution to hold up you hose. As you can see from the back wall I went through alot of different ways to hold the cpap mask hose. Well I had and Idea and then put it together it works great. I used an I-bolt, ajustable strap with swivels, D-ring, and a velccro strap to keep the hose from slipping up or down. The thing is hanging from the ceiling not the wall. Because of the flexable belt/strap it even allows me to stand up and to the dress next to the bed to get my glasses.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): cpap mask, hose

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:42 am

Haku,

THANKS!!! I will show it to my husband who would have to construct this one for me. I am not that handy when it comes to construction, but it looks like a great idea. Does the hose ever bother you, though, when you turn to the side since it's so close to the mattress?

L o R i