Hypothyroidism and Sleep Apnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
49er

Re: Hypothyroidism and Sleep Apnea

Post by 49er » Tue May 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Grieving sister wrote:My 29 year old brother was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism and sleep apnea about a month ago and then died on May 1, 2017.
I am so sorry to hear this. You have my deepest sympathy.

Grieving sister

Re: Hypothyroidism and Sleep Apnea

Post by Grieving sister » Fri May 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Thank u for the kind words. His autopsy still hasn't came back yet but I was told he stopped breathing in his sleep. I am still in shock and completely heart broken. My brother and I had a very close bond, we were only 12 months and 2 weeks apart and went thru alot together growing up, we got taken away from our mom when I was 7 and he was 6 and put with our father who we didn't know so all we had were each other. He was my best friend and the best uncle to my girls. He was always worrying about me and was protective and sensitive with his feelings. He would always tell me he would die for me if he had to, he really was the best brother i could have asked for. He's gone now and he took a part of me with him I feel this constant emptiness now and I know I will never be the same again. Hut growing up he had asthma and had to have a couple different inhalers when he had a hard time catching his breath but he wasn't ever tested for hypothyroidism or sleep apnea even tho growing up together he scored so loud and I would hear the snoring stop he would stop breathing for a few seconds then start snoring again they said it was probably from his asthma. They didn't test him until he started showing severe signs such as chronic fatigue he was falling asleep in his chair at work alot and he was swollen and had weight gain and alot less energy. He told me they put Jim on meds and that he would be back to normal soon. But a few weeks later he died in his sleep. It just feels so unfair and unbelievable, anyone that knew him would tell people that he was a super charismatic guy with a huge heart and would have u the shirt off of his back and he really would too. He was always making people laugh, him and I always laughed so hard our bellys' would hurt for days. He was the person I could trust with my life, the only person that really knew me, bc we were inseparable growing up. He was my other half and I miss him so much that I can't stand it. This is the hardest thing and the worst pain I've ever felt in my life . But if anyone who was diagnosed with both hypothyroidism and sleep apnea make sure u get the help u need before it's to late.