My favorite new accessory - retractable power cable

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pennster

My favorite new accessory - retractable power cable

Post by pennster » Fri May 22, 2009 4:14 pm

I travel quite a lot - both for work and for play. So I've of course become quite an expert in packing up my CPAP to come with me, even in a hurry. But I've always had trouble with the electrical cable - folding it up to put in the case has seemed tedious for me. A co-worker had one of these for his laptop and it seemed a great idea - fortunately, it has the same plug on the end as either of my CPAP machines.

I tried it out and it works great - quick to retract when I jump out of the shower in a random hotel room and need to get everything back in my bag pronto to move on to the next destination. Now if only they made one in a Euro-standard outlet too!

ZipLinq Retractable Universal Power Cord ........... Image

Hose_Head

Re: My favorite new accessory - retractable power cable

Post by Hose_Head » Fri May 22, 2009 7:00 pm

pennster wrote:I travel quite a lot - both for work and for play. So I've of course become quite an expert in packing up my CPAP to come with me, even in a hurry. But I've always had trouble with the electrical cable - folding it up to put in the case has seemed tedious for me. A co-worker had one of these for his laptop and it seemed a great idea - fortunately, it has the same plug on the end as either of my CPAP machines.

I tried it out and it works great - quick to retract when I jump out of the shower in a random hotel room and need to get everything back in my bag pronto to move on to the next destination. Now if only they made one in a Euro-standard outlet too!

ZipLinq Retractable Universal Power Cord ........... Image
What cpap machine do you use? How long it the cord? Where did you buy it?
I'm workin' on it.

5aces

Post by 5aces » Sat May 23, 2009 9:38 am

If you only have access to one power outlet and one plug is used for xpap,this clever device allows charging of 6 additional devices from one plug!

http://www.callpod.com
ImageImage

Bearded_One

Post by Bearded_One » Sat May 23, 2009 11:41 am

How long it the cord? Where did you buy it?
Click on the picture or name to get a description and source. It should fit most xPAPs, including the IntelliPAP.

pennster

Post by pennster » Sat May 23, 2009 1:34 pm

Hose_Head wrote:
What cpap machine do you use? How long it the cord? Where did you buy it?

I have both a Resmed S8 and a Devilbiss Intellipap. The cord works with both - it's a pretty standard plug - a figure-8 shape - I'd expect it would work with most CPAP that don't have an external power supply (a power brick). (Side note - how do I get my machine to show up in my posts like some of you? I've put that information in my profile...)

It's 5 feet long. Not as long as I'd like when I never know where the hotel room is going to place the nearest outlet, but acceptable in most situations. If anybody knows of a longer one, I'd love to know!

I bought it at Amazon.com - clicking the picture above will take you to the info page.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sat May 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Doesn't look like it will work with the Respironics M Series machines.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

plr66

Post by plr66 » Sat May 23, 2009 2:42 pm

And the zipling can only be used with 110?--not with 220?
DeVilbiss IntelliPap Std Plus with Smartflex; Transcend miniCPAP & Everest2 w/humidifier & batt for travel. UltraMirage FFM; PadACheeks; PaPillow. Using straight CPAP at 13.0/passover humidifier. AHI consistently < 1.5. Began CPAP 9/4/08.

pennster

Post by pennster » Sat May 23, 2009 3:00 pm

plr66 wrote:And the zipling can only be used with 110?--not with 220?
I would assume that it can be used with either - it's just a wire. But it has the wrong plug on it for 220, which would make it inconvenient. And they probably also cannot state 220 in the specs because the use of the proper plug fitting is a fairly controlled standard.

I've never tried it because I despise those adapter plugs which uniformly seem to be poorly made so I can never get a good connection and often see sparking. Instead, I use this cable when in Europe:
European Power Cord for NoteBook, Non-Polarized, 6 ft

Hawthorne wrote:Doesn't look like it will work with the Respironics M Series machines.
Yeah - it could substitute for the cable from the wall to the power brick - providing a little more length and retractability - but you'll still require the power brick and the DC cable from the brick to the CPAP.

kopoloff

Post by kopoloff » Sat May 23, 2009 5:13 pm

5aces wrote:If you only have access to one power outlet and one plug is used for xpap,this clever device allows charging of 6 additional devices from one plug!

http://www.callpod.com
Looks like a fantastic product - but I only have 3 mobile phones

can I still use it?

K