O/T: Can I get some good thought, son has a head trauma

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Froro

Re: O/T: Can I get some good thought, son has a head trauma

Post by Froro » Sat May 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Thanks for all the support and wonderful words of encouragement.

He had another good day today. He's starting to be able to focus for longer periods and actually asked if he could try doing some homework. He did really well and managed to go about 1/2 hour before having to rest, and although he is tired, he is still balanced, no headache.

We have told him to take it slow. His MRI came back clean I'm assuming since I haven't been called about a problem. His doc had to cancel his appointment on Friday due to an emergency with his family. If he continues along the path he is doing we will try him back at school for one period a day starting Wednesday, and then we'll increase the time as he feels better. He is really concerned about falling behind and losing his year and doesn't understand or hasn't been able to compute that the school is adjusting his curriculum and will probably exempt him from exams if not change his exam to ensure he doesn't lose his year. (He has worked so hard this term and is pulling in high 80's and 90's, so I understand why he is concerned).

He has been able to walk pretty well for a good distance without the cane for balance, and says he's not feeling as fuzzy all the time, so all good signs.

He's bored, also good sign.

Since docs told him not to think, he's been pretty much sleeping and watching the tele. I have had the thrill of watching some excellent high quality productions this week. I can tell you without question that

"Flight of the Living Dead" and "War of the Living Dead" make "Night of the Living Dead Oscar worthy.

What's funny is we know one of the actors in Flight of the Living Dead and both kinda said....WTF is he doing in this piece of xrap, he is a known, decent actor who has been in many good films. it was so bizarre, but yeah...they were so bad they were funny.

On that note....hoping he continues to improve and get back to normal. He did a pilot last year for a teen series and after a year and a bit it has finally been picked up and they are to start production end of June. His agent called on Friday and while they haven't figured out what role they are going to try and get him in, the director and producer both want him, just trying to find a place for him now. It would be heartbreaking to have to turn it down due to this thing, but if we have to we have to. (my daughter is going to faint, as she has a total young girl crush on the fellow who plays the lead character...she nearly passed out when he showed up at our house to hang with our son one night....rather hilarious)

I think he will come through this all just fine,now that the worst is over. Keeping a vigilant eye on him though. I've been letting him push his limits a little bit everyday to see how well he does, and it's funny seeing how he'll suddenly come see me and say...."you were right, I'm really tired now, going to bed"
These beautiful kids in my avi are my motivation for getting healthy and staying compliant. Need to be around a long time. See my new blog at http://creativekidscakeslife.blogspot.com/ Baking Blog http://feedingtheravenoushorde.blogspot.com

Froro

Post by Froro » Tue May 12, 2009 6:50 am

Just wanted to update you all and thank you again for all the support/prayers, and good thoughts.

My son has started back to school today for one period a day and we will hopefully be able to wean him into full days by the end of next week. He is much more alert and can now focus for longer periods of time. He was getting very antsy at home so all around we thought it best to let him get some school time in.

I met with his teachers today and they are all being very supportive, all know what to look for in the classroom with him, and are all making accomodations to his curriculum based on his earlier performance (giving more time for tests, work etc). He's been pulling in straight A's this term for the first time ever and no one wanted to see him lose this crucial time or his year.

All is moving along well now though I think.

Thanks again all. Your support has meant the world to me.
These beautiful kids in my avi are my motivation for getting healthy and staying compliant. Need to be around a long time. See my new blog at http://creativekidscakeslife.blogspot.com/ Baking Blog http://feedingtheravenoushorde.blogspot.com

DyannaK

Post by DyannaK » Tue May 12, 2009 10:34 am

That's wonderful news! Thank you for the update. I hope things continue to get better for your son
I dont suffer from insanity.... I enjoy every minute of it!

Resmed S8 Elite II CPAP, Hybrid Full Face Mask W/Nasal Pillows, H4i Humidifier,
Rescan 3.7 Software & Smart Card Reader, Pressure 12, started CPAP 1/8/2009