beeping and flashing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
not new

beeping and flashing

Post by not new » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:06 pm

my m series auto w/ cflex started beeping and the lights of the buttons flashing (dimming and brightening, not going out). I could only stop it by taking my smart card out. is the smart card full?? if so, can I reuse it??
thanks, Daniel.

Gerald

Re: beeping and flashing

Post by Gerald » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:10 pm

I suspect the card was in backwards.....Check your owner's manual......I do the same thing sometimes.

Gerald

not new

Post by not new » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:03 am

I checked the card orientation and it was in properly. i'm not sure what is wrong. it only stops beeping when the card is taken out of the machine. Strange!

travismcgee

Post by travismcgee » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:40 am

Something similar happened to me in the middle of the night. I took the card out, unplugged the unit, plugged it back in and reinserted the card and the beeping and flashing
stopped. My machine seemed to be working fine after that although it didn't record any data that night. But since then it has been working fine. Not sure what caused it, the M Series gremlins maybe. Give this a try if you haven't already.

Cheers

Travis
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Douglas Adams

luke

Post by luke » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:18 am

Mine did the same thing. It was a little oxidation build-up on the contacts of the card.
I used an eraser to clean it by rubbing it (learned that trick here)....then I used a little denatured alcohol to
clean off any debris left on those contacts....let it dry then I put it back.

It did the trick

Bill

feeling_better

Post by feeling_better » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:08 pm

In addition to all suggestions above, you may have a card with formatting improperly done or interrupting while reading and updating the data. See if you can read that card with your pc sw (that was assuming you have a card reader for your computer and the appropriate sw). If the problem continues after trying all the above suggestions, it may work again if it is reformatted. Again you need the external sw, I think, for reformatting.

Then there is the very low chance that the card reader contacts inside the machine got damaged. This is rare; sometimes a new card might still work, or you may have it repaired or the built in card reader replaced -- it is a replaceable unit, if you are handy with such things.

Note, the machine will continue to work correctly even with the above problems; but you would not be able use the card for data gathering and analysis.
Resmed S9 Elite cpap mode, H5i Humidifier, Swift FX Bella L nasal pillows

not new

Post by not new » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:50 pm

thanks for all the input. I'll try these things out and see what works.
daniel.