Cure for Swoosh Lines?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:14 pm

Care5

I already thought of pantyliners when I first got the Swift and it didn't work. But good idea (so I thought, too). I finally did come up with a cure, these foam toe bandages that are working great. But not everybody suffers from these lines. If you ask Rock & Roll, he'll tell you he's never had them. Just we lucky ones, I guess, who get them.

This is a link to a thread all about what has been tried already: viewtopic.php?t=4003&highlight=swift+breeze+aura

The Swift I found to be the easiest of all the interfaces I've tried, which were the Oracle, Activa, Breeze and now Swift. It is only 2.5 oz., and you can attach the hose on either side and wear it either in the down position or secure it to your headgear, which is only straps, but the side ones have this neoprene on it to act as a stiffening device, which is the culprit, I believe, causing the lines on your face.

Nonetheless, I was not switching to another device, and I knew that, so I got creative and finally found something that has helped enormously. Janelle totally made her own mesh cap headgear and doesn't use the straps that come with the Swift.
Look, I always include this caveat: What works for one person or what one person swears by won't work for the next person or that peson will hate it. My girlfriend urged me to get the Oracle when she heard I was going onto CPAP swearing it was THE interface of the future. Used it one week and it now sits in a box in my bedroom.

I suggest you look at the photos of it and see if you think you may like it. I am including a link to a thead that I posted before I made my decision to buy the Swift, asking for feedback about it, the Breeze and the Aura. Maybe you can get something from all the people's replies.viewtopic.php?t=3684&highlight=swift+breeze+aura
Good luck.

L o R i

heretolearn

Post by heretolearn » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:30 pm

Lori, your toe bandages worked perfectly! I woke up with no swoosh marks this morning! Yippee!!!
(Even though these marks have usually faded in an hour or so, I much prefer to wake up swooshless! Thanks!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:50 pm

heretolearn,

You have no idea how good it makes me feel to know something I figured out is helping people on this site. I am so glad it worked for you, sincerely. You may end up with a little mark right above where the uppermost part of the bandage stops on the strap, but far better in my eyes than the full set of swoosh marks that used to appear every morning.

Thanks for making my afternoon. I am so happy it worked for you, too.
L o R i

swoosh no more

Post by swoosh no more » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:43 pm

The toe bandage fix works great! Nothing like a $3.99 fix to perfect the perfect mask. Best part - no more embarassing question about what ran over my face!

Great job - thanks!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:56 pm

I am so glad it worked for you. I stumbled on them when I was going to buy moleskin and thought they might work, and they did. I'm glad you got good results.
L o R i

susanhhill

Post by susanhhill » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:29 pm

Like Amy, I came up with my own solution for those swoosh marks. I took 2 pieces of fleece (the really soft stuff like they make the blankets out of) and made 2 tubes that I slip over the straps. If you don't sew you can just cut 2 rectangles that you put between the straps and your skin. It works great for me.

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:11 am

Susan,

That sounds like a great idea. I don't use my Swift anymore or I'd probably try that.

L o R i

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:53 pm

Lori, you've helped a lot of people in so many ways. Your toe bandages fix to prevent Swift strap marks was a neat idea. Here's your trophy!

ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435