Blinking blue light on M-series heated humidifier??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rdfry

Re: Blinking blue light on M-series heated humidifier??

Post by rdfry » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:45 pm

The Insurance company already paid 1500 for it . I don't believe he should pay them anything. The DME is trying to gouge him for an extra 400.
Mask: bleep and F30i
Machine: Resmed S10 Autoset

rahdzhillaxxx

Post by rahdzhillaxxx » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:26 pm

My Ins set me up good with a "rent to own" over a 12 month period where they payed 80 and I paid 20 each month. but my yearly deductible renewed two months later so I got stuck with all but the 240 they paid. Mine just started blinking and not humidifying so I think instead of worrying about it I'll rig up an in and out through a jar after the machine inline to me with a fish tank heater sealed into it. I hate the system but as long as I can fab near like results I'm going to bootleg the crap out of their stuff. I may even make a back up pressure box with computer fans and rheostat switch. All the fancy crap is not worth the money they want.

hosierd

Post by hosierd » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:31 pm

I have the same issue with my unit. So glad this board is here. I've disconnected the humidifier and will contact my DME provider tomorrow.

This board appears to be a really great resource.

BidHighTech

Post by BidHighTech » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:36 pm

We have a few REMstar Auto M Series C-Flex/A-Flex units. If you need one, let me know.

DontWantToBuyAnotherone

Post by DontWantToBuyAnotherone » Mon May 09, 2011 5:28 pm

I was really disappointed about probably having to buy another cpap, especially after getting gouged for $1,200 from my dme supplier working with my insurance. So I opened up the machine & inspected the printed circuit board this afternoon. The three-pronged connector from the heating element to the board had a short and burned out. I cut the 3 wires, pulled the melted female plug, stripped the wires and clamped them to each of the 3 prongs. Plugged in, verified that my fix worked, and went to the hardware store to fix my machine for $11.50 (cost of a soldering iron and some solder). Not a bad day!

Moral of the story: give it a shot if you're out of warranty like I was. I'm no genius, so if I can do it..

Paul G

Post by Paul G » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:26 pm

I have a Remstar Pro M series Model # 1051158 configured with a humidifier. The humidifier operated for quite some time but then the heating element plate no longer functioned and the blue light on the humidifier knob began to flash.
1. I unplugged the unit turned it over and removed all six star screws (size T15) from the bottom of the unit.
2. I discovered that in my case the connector for the heating element plate burned at the red terminal. I used the Ohms setting on a Volt/Ohm meter to check the resistance between the element wires and measured about 1K Ohm indicating to me that the element was still functioning.
3. I cut all three wires from heating element to connector, removed insulation and tinned the wires with a soldering iron. I then re-soldered the wire to the underside of the circuit board in the same order of the connection.
4. I replaced all items back in there original placement and reattached the bottom side of the unit. The heating element is functioning again and the flashing blue light has stopped and is now solid blue. Hope this is helpful. Paul

IF YOU SEARCH FOR: Blue Light Flashing on Remstar Pro M series Humidifier I HAVE POSTED A VIDEO OF REPAIR

granti55

Post by granti55 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Does anyone have a used Remstar Auto M A flex or C flex preferable A. the board or something went on mine. It got that triangle and the 2 beep series. I got it working but it does not record any more all zeroes. It records total blower hours but nothing else on screen or card. Help!! I phoned acbio but they won't ship to Canada

Grant

mars2977

Post by mars2977 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Paul G wrote:I have a Remstar Pro M series Model # 1051158 configured with a humidifier. The humidifier operated for quite some time but then the heating element plate no longer functioned and the blue light on the humidifier knob began to flash.
1. I unplugged the unit turned it over and removed all six star screws (size T15) from the bottom of the unit.
2. I discovered that in my case the connector for the heating element plate burned at the red terminal. I used the Ohms setting on a Volt/Ohm meter to check the resistance between the element wires and measured about 1K Ohm indicating to me that the element was still functioning.
3. I cut all three wires from heating element to connector, removed insulation and tinned the wires with a soldering iron. I then re-soldered the wire to the underside of the circuit board in the same order of the connection.
4. I replaced all items back in there original placement and reattached the bottom side of the unit. The heating element is functioning again and the flashing blue light has stopped and is now solid blue. Hope this is helpful. Paul

IF YOU SEARCH FOR: Blue Light Flashing on Remstar Pro M series Humidifier I HAVE POSTED A VIDEO OF REPAIR

You, the man!!! Just fixed mine after months of dry air and sinus problems. Super helpful!! Thx

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:28 pm

The damned advance beneficiary agreement should be ILLEGAL.
When you sign it, you give up all your rights.
I have yet to meet a DME that will not use this wretched document--and refuse to disclose prices until it's signed.
I'm looking into medicare reimbursement after I retire--I hope that's do-able.

ekubaskie

Post by ekubaskie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Is your insurance set for 80% with a 20% copay? If the provider billed $1,900 or so, the numbers you gave sound right - insurance would pay nearly $1,500, and you'd owe near $400 as copay.

In my case, the sleep clinic billed my insurance $3,200 for my gear, and the humidifier was used!

But my insurance company has a contractural discount with the chain, and that took it down to $2700, out of which insurance paid 90% and my copay was 10%, or $270.

The trick: a lot of medical providers will try to bill that $500 difference (from my $3,200 initial billing to the $2,700 contract rate) and a lot of people just pay it without asking. ASK! If they have such a contract, it says they CAN'T charge you more than the contract rate - but they try anyway. Every time I've seen this happen, they just say "oops, our mistake - teehee - tear up the bill!"

The schmuck that didn't ask, and just paid the bill, will never know he got ripped off for $500. It's a scam, but it often works.

So, check your insurance paperwork carefully to see if such a contractual discount was involved. If they don't have a contract, your situation may involve UCF (usual and customary fees), a weasel-clause that the insurance company uses with providers that WON'T sign a contract. In that case, you're stuck with the difference.

Amigo

Post by Amigo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:42 am

This information is probably too late to be meaningful for most M-Series users, but I thought I'd post it just in case.

The following M-Series models have been recalled, and will be replaced/fixed free of charge:

1051158, 1051157, 1049124, 1049110, 1049109, U1049110, U1049109, R1049110, & R1049109

wthall1977

Post by wthall1977 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:02 am

CorgiGirl wrote:The flashing light does indeed mean that the heater isn't working anymore. I took mine back to Apria, but they didn't want it. Just gave me a new one and told me to throw the old one away. WTH? No wonder the prices they charge are so #$%^&* high!

I wish I had the old one, the blower motor burned out in mine and I can't sleep without it but insurance will not pay for another one until I take new sleep study and cannot get an oppointment for almost 2 months.

Sloop

Post by Sloop » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:28 am

My problem with the M series is not that the blue light blinks, I simply don't like the damn blue lights ON all night long.
I own an M series as my back-up -- and it is the unit I take with me on motorcycle trips. The FIRST thing I do when setting the unit up in a motel room is to find some kind of cover to lay on top of the machine to hide the blue lights.

michael g

Post by michael g » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:32 pm

If it is Not your wire connection terminal, then
it's the plate itself.. a thermo chip inside the heat plate
Snip & jump the wires, bypassing the chip

Fixed mine today, Do Not run without water though

Link below on this dumb cheap chip
Search " Off-topic forum - Thermal Fuse for CPAP?? "
And select avr freaks link

Works like a charm..!

michael g

Post by michael g » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:34 pm

If it is Not your wire connection terminal, then
it's the plate itself.. a thermo chip inside the heat plate
Snip & jump the wires, bypassing the chip

Fixed mine today, Do Not run without water though

Link below on this dumb cheap chip
Search " Off-topic forum - Thermal Fuse for CPAP?? "
And select avr freaks link

Works like a charm..!