Blinking blue light on M-series heated humidifier??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Blinking blue light on M-series heated humidifier??

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Troll with a soldering iron.
Ignore.

jasustar

Post by jasustar » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:22 am

I don't have an answer to this question, but I can provide an Apria of horror story of my own. this morning I called back for your to ask about the blinking light on my CP AP machine and they wouldn't answer the question because it was out of warranty. How dare these people considered themselves health care professionals!

sawinglogz

Post by sawinglogz » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:32 am

jasustar wrote:I don't have an answer to this question, but I can provide an Apria of horror story of my own. this morning I called back for your to ask about the blinking light on my CP AP machine and they wouldn't answer the question because it was out of warranty. How dare these people considered themselves health care professionals!
What machine (make & model)? There may be something online that tells you what it means.

Separately, you should take this up with your insurer. They're supposed to cover repair (generally apart from abuse) even when the machine is out of warranty. Seems like Apria would want the insurance money, so I don't know why they're being so difficult.

Maybe if you call them again you can tell them you're trying to talk with your insurer about whether they need to repair or replace it, and you need Apria's help to determine that?

sleeplessinsd

Post by sleeplessinsd » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Just checked the model number of my machine and found that it has been recalled (the blue light is flashing). Who do I call to get it replaced?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:57 pm

sleeplessinsd wrote:Just checked the model number of my machine and found that it has been recalled (the blue light is flashing). Who do I call to get it replaced?
It has to go through a DME brick and mortar store. Either who you got it from or another DME could handle the paperwork.
You might check with SecondWindcpap.com..they have humidifiers there. All the way to the bottom of the page.
http://www.secondwindcpap.com/Used_CPAP.html

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

rich; Worked for me

Post by rich; Worked for me » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:09 am

Paul G wrote:I have a Remstar Pro M series Model # 1051158 configured with a humidifier. The humidifier operated for quite some time but then the heating element plate no longer functioned and the blue light on the humidifier knob began to flash.
1. I unplugged the unit turned it over and removed all six star screws (size T15) from the bottom of the unit.
2. I discovered that in my case the connector for the heating element plate burned at the red terminal. I used the Ohms setting on a Volt/Ohm meter to check the resistance between the element wires and measured about 1K Ohm indicating to me that the element was still functioning.
3. I cut all three wires from heating element to connector, removed insulation and tinned the wires with a soldering iron. I then re-soldered the wire to the underside of the circuit board in the same order of the connection.
4. I replaced all items back in there original placement and reattached the bottom side of the unit. The heating element is functioning again and the flashing blue light has stopped and is now solid blue. Hope this is helpful. Paul

IF YOU SEARCH FOR: Blue Light Flashing on Remstar Pro M series Humidifier I HAVE POSTED A VIDEO OF REPAIR

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:08 pm

OLD OLD POST, Rich. I'd advise people to simply not try these old and numerous M-series kludge tips from Youtube. You could create a real risk to yourself and your house. Invest in a new CPAP machine, last years models aren't that expensive.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

anewman5813

Post by anewman5813 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:15 pm

I purchased a Respironics CPAP in October of 2015. Two months ago the blue LED light started blinking, and I lost all humidification. After calling Home Health United, now part of SSM Health, I was informed the unit would not be ready for a replacement for another 1.5 years. In order to have the humidifier working again, it was going to cost me $120.

Because I'm good at fixing shit, I took the unit apart and figured out how to use a separate 5V power supply get the humidifier working again. So if anyone is interested in how to repair the Respironics System One humidifier, drop me a line.

alfred.newman.ie@gmail.com

- Dr. Newman
IMG_8077.jpg
IMG_8077.jpg (208.45 KiB) Viewed 637 times