Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

How Old Are CPAP Users?

10s
5
0%
20s
94
6%
30s
263
17%
40s
380
24%
50s
441
28%
60s
297
19%
70s
77
5%
80s
13
1%
90s
1
0%
100s
7
0%
 
Total votes: 1578

sleepysonya
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:53 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by sleepysonya » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:16 pm

I'm 24 years old now, but was diagnosed at 17 years old.

User avatar
Goofproof
Posts: 14017
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: Central Indiana, USA

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by Goofproof » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:47 pm

And this thread is almost as old as you are. Jim

_________________
Mask: ComfortGel Original Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: APAP @15 CM & CMS 50E PULSE OX O2 3L
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

User avatar
Enchanter
Posts: 715
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:34 am

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by Enchanter » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:01 pm

I've been having the OSA headaches since I was 19 years old. The titration was the first time in 10 years I ever woke up without an OSA headache. But unfortunately since it was only a few hours of sleep, I had to go home later and sleep and as you can guess, had the headache after I slept with no mask.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

User avatar
Goofproof
Posts: 14017
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: Central Indiana, USA

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:01 pm

All after you were given a machine and mask! Can anyone here see the problem. jim

_________________
Mask: ComfortGel Original Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: APAP @15 CM & CMS 50E PULSE OX O2 3L
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

nanwilson
Posts: 3360
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:35 am
Location: Southern Alberta

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by nanwilson » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:43 am

One of my grandkids asked me how old I was... told him "Older than dirt".. answer..... "Geez, Gram you had better go take a bath"
Cheers one and all that are "Older than dirt"
Nan

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube
Additional Comments: PR DS560S and back up of F&P 604. Installed Encore basic and Sleepyhead
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Julie
Posts: 15775
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:58 pm
Location: Canada E.

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:24 am

I've wondered about the poll - is it measuring only computer-savvy people? I ask because... according to the poll there is a relatively small # of people in their 70's using Cpap, and is that about computer usage, or are we all prematurely dead? Worries me! And I feel alone.

buffmeistersmom
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 am

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by buffmeistersmom » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:07 pm

77 and still kickin' Fell like 65 since I got my machine. One draw back sinuses don't like the moisture. When I turn it down throat get sore. Any ideas?

User avatar
Goofproof
Posts: 14017
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: Central Indiana, USA

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by Goofproof » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Julie wrote:I've wondered about the poll - is it measuring only computer-savvy people? I ask because... according to the poll there is a relatively small # of people in their 70's using Cpap, and is that about computer usage, or are we all prematurely dead? Worries me! And I feel alone.
Could be a little of both reasons, or maybe in old age, we lose our abilities to mask up, or don't care anymore if we continue, many times people fall thru the cracks. Or maybe POLL'S are just useless. Jim

_________________
Mask: ComfortGel Original Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: APAP @15 CM & CMS 50E PULSE OX O2 3L
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

nanwilson
Posts: 3360
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:35 am
Location: Southern Alberta

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by nanwilson » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Julie wrote:I've wondered about the poll - is it measuring only computer-savvy people? I ask because... according to the poll there is a relatively small # of people in their 70's using Cpap, and is that about computer usage, or are we all prematurely dead? Worries me! And I feel alone.
Could be a little of both reasons, or maybe in old age, we lose our abilities to mask up, or don't care anymore if we continue, many times people fall thru the cracks. Or maybe POLL'S are just useless. Jim


Yup, that's it Jim, (the red part)....... polls are a monumental waste of time..., and yes, I'm over 70

Julie, people over 70 just can't be bothered answering polls, we have better things to do.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube
Additional Comments: PR DS560S and back up of F&P 604. Installed Encore basic and Sleepyhead
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Guest

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:31 am

nanwilson wrote:
Goofproof wrote:
Julie wrote:I've wondered about the poll - is it measuring only computer-savvy people? I ask because... according to the poll there is a relatively small # of people in their 70's using Cpap, and is that about computer usage, or are we all prematurely dead? Worries me! And I feel alone.
Could be a little of both reasons, or maybe in old age, we lose our abilities to mask up, or don't care anymore if we continue, many times people fall thru the cracks. Or maybe POLL'S are just useless. Jim


Yup, that's it Jim, (the red part)....... polls are a monumental waste of time..., and yes, I'm over 70

Julie, people over 70 just can't be bothered answering polls, we have better things to do.
Apparently, you don't.

User avatar
Goofproof
Posts: 14017
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: Central Indiana, USA

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by Goofproof » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:51 pm

POLL'S are useless, as our most Guests. But thanks to this brilliant Poll, I now can see how old I am if I forget. Jim

_________________
Mask: ComfortGel Original Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: APAP @15 CM & CMS 50E PULSE OX O2 3L
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

tlohse
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:32 pm
Location: West Bend, Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by tlohse » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:29 pm

I just turned 38 on October 15th. Ive been on CPAP since 2013.

_________________
Mask: Mirage™ FX Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: PR System One 50 Series Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: First became a cpapper June 11, 2013 pressure setting 10cmH20. DX: Severe Sleep Apnea with Hypersomnia. REF# 450P
Thomas Lohse
Cpap is 4 ever.

tiredandscared
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by tiredandscared » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:19 pm

I'm 23. Will be 24 im another 6 months.

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 24255
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Nebraska--what does not kill us, makes us stronger

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Can I change my vote as I enter a new decade?

_________________
Machine: AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: AirFit™ P10 For Her Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Backup: Devillbiss Intellipap Autoadjust
I once was lost in apnea; but now I'm found--breathing easily all night long.
Medicare suppliers:
https://www.medicare.gov/supplierdirectory/search.html

User avatar
Goofproof
Posts: 14017
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: Central Indiana, USA

Re: Poll: How Old Are CPAP Users?

Post by Goofproof » Mon May 30, 2016 8:44 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Can I change my vote as I enter a new decade?
We old folks are decadent enough, most of us don't do well with change. Jim

_________________
Mask: ComfortGel Original Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: APAP @15 CM & CMS 50E PULSE OX O2 3L
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur