Newbie here, DME experience

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zomby

Newbie here, DME experience

Post by zomby » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:53 am

I had my sleep studies and was diagnosed with severe apnea. The lab set me up with a DME. They called and set up an appointment to come to my house.

I was curious to see what machine they would bring and was very pleased when the RT whipped out the Resmed Elite II.

I had seen that machine on this site and knew it was a good machine.

So anyway I had a good experience with my DME and the service has been great with the home delivery and all.

I've used the machine the past 2 nights and it's quiet and seems like a great machine. I feel a little better but I woke up about the same number of times as before treatment.

Hopefully I will be able to sleep longer as I get used to it.

I'm very thankful for this site and all the great info!

NeurosurgeryNP

Re: Newbie here, DME experience

Post by NeurosurgeryNP » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:06 pm

I just got that machine as a replacement for my broken down machine, and I love it. It is very quiet.

I am very lucky too - I have a great DME as well!
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. -Jimmy Buffett

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Thank you for your appreciation of the forum. When all is said and done, the forum exists because a lot of folks have a desire to help others. That starts with our host, Johnny Goodman and cpap.com, and extends to the newest of CPAP users asking questions.

ResMed machines are the only two I've ever used. I don't know whether another brand would be better or worse. I do, however, find my ResMeds to be excellent and durable machines. My ResMed Vantage APAP is providing excellent treatment for me, and I bought it because of the information I had gained here.

You know where to come with any questions. Think of what you will want to ask as your brain improves from CPAP treatment!!!

Best wishes,

Karen
Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

kteague

Post by kteague » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 pm

Welcome to the group. Waking up during the night early on is not unusual. It's a new sensory sensation. Once it becomes familar you should have fewer awakenings. With that machine you can keep your eyes on your numbers to make sure it's not the treatment itself needing tweaked that is waking you up. If it doesn't settle down after a while, talk to your doctor in case something else is going on. But it's likely it won't come to that.

zomby

Post by zomby » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

I really do need some brain improvement. I haven't slept well for about a year and a half.