Removed

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:59 am

4Katie wrote:Actually, according to dictionary.com, vena cava is "Either of two large veins that drain blood from the upper body and from the lower body and empty into the right atrium of the heart."

Not quite a fancy coffee. lol
Thanks, 4Katie! If anyone offers me a cup of Vena Cava again... I'll know they're a vampire. Vena Caveat Emptor regarding such invitations.

lindas88

Post by lindas88 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:16 am

Rigby...thanks for the reply...and now I know. That must be why they made me lay on my left side... when pregnant... before checking Blood Pressure...

4Katie...Timmy's is Tim Hortons... a very popular donut and coffee/tea place and Harvey's is a fast food place, kind of like MacDonalds...but better hamburgers...both very good...
*** Linda ***

WAFlowers

Post by WAFlowers » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:23 am

4Katie wrote:Okay, I gotta ask - What is Timmy's & Harvey's???
Timmy's is better known by their proper name of "Tim Horton's". Well known across Canada and parts of the NE states for their outstanding donuts and excellent coffee. I've had Krispy Kreme and I'll take Timmy's any day! KK is OK when warm and fresh, but Timmy's taste great until they are so stale that you have to gnaw crumbs off a lump ... as if they last that long! (Only reason I know is my sis-in-law sent some down one Christmas but they got lost in shipping.)

Harvey's is a hamburg chain that some like and some don't. I do. Known for introducing poutine (fries covered with cheese curds and gravy) to the rest of Canada -- poutine is a French-Canadian thing. I go for their best burger (name changes from one year to the next when I visit -- used to be Ultimate but now it's Angus or something like that) and onion rings.
The CPAPer formerly known as WAFlowers

lindas88

Post by lindas88 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:50 am

OK WAFlowers...you out did me....your description was better... ...and you made my mouth water reading it. Maybe I should go just down the road ( 5 min ) and get some Timmy's then send you another post so you will drool...hahaha. Now that would be nasty.
*** Linda ***

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:54 am

WA wrote:
Timmy's is better known by their proper name of "Tim Horton's".

lindas88 wrote:
OK WAFlowers...you out did me....your description was better...
lindas88, you give him too much credit! If he REALLY knew what he was talking about, he would know that Tim Horton's is best know as 'the Horton'
LOL This cracks me up. If anyone comes online from waaaaayyyy eastern Canada, (can you say: Newfoundland?) they will be rolling on the floor. "We's goin to the Horton for a double-double."
Buy a new hat, drink a good wine, treat yourself, and someone you love, to a new bauble, live while you are alive... you never know when the mid-town bus is going to have your name written across its front bumper!

Rigby

Post by Rigby » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:46 am

The Inferior Vena Cava is the lower part of the vein, the Superior Vena Cava is the upper part - but it's all one vein. You're right - it does empty into the heart - on it's way to the lungs. All blood passes through the heart on the way to AND from the lungs.

"I can't breathe!"
"Turn your machine on!"
"Oh."

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:03 pm

Its nearing my bed time, which is probably why I'm under the impression that you guys are discussing Candian techniques of injecting coffee directly into the vein...
Talk of a freeeewheeeeling forum.
How was that again - is it the left side or the right side?
Cheers everyone.
O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

rpalmer

Left or Right Side??

Post by rpalmer » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:22 pm

lindas88 wrote:I always sleep on my left side because I have very little hearing in my right ear and that makes for a very quiet sleep...the other ear is perfect though.
I have 100% hearing loss in my right ear, too, but left ear is ok. Does it affect your equilibrium or balance? I often walk like I used to after too much single malt scotch (but alas, nothing stronger than an occasional glass of wine anymore), i.e. stumble rather than walk, & can't walk a straight line.

I've been sleeping with Diana Krall every night, or sometimes Norah Jones, to help put me to sleep. Well, ok, I'll admit I'm just listening to them with an earplug in my left ear. So I've taken to sleeping on my right side so I don't jam the earplug into my remaining good (left) ear. Maybe your idea is better, though, lindas88, If my one hearing ear is buried in my pillow, I won't hear anything.

I often have trouble breathing when lying down, too, so I'm going to try going back to sleeping on my left side tonight & see if that makes a difference. I'm surprised my Dr hasn't suggested it. Although he did warn me not to drink a Vena Cava too close to bedtime because of the caffeine....
“The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.â€

4Katie

Post by 4Katie » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:49 pm

Talk of a freeeewheeeeling forum.
But we're all friends, right? That's what I love about this place.
One soft, sweet song's just enough to clear my head...

WAFlowers

Post by WAFlowers » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:47 pm

lindas88 wrote:OK WAFlowers...you out did me....your description was better... ...and you made my mouth water reading it. Maybe I should go just down the road ( 5 min ) and get some Timmy's then send you another post so you will drool...hahaha. Now that would be nasty.
Now that's just cruel!

The day we left Toronto to drive home from our vacation (my first time back to the Great White North in 2 years) we stopped at Timmy's to fill our large Timmy travel mugs and buy a dozen. We made them last until we crossed the border at Queenston/Lewiston. Now they're only a memory.

WAFlowers

Re: Left or Right Side??

Post by WAFlowers » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:52 pm

rpalmer wrote:'ve been sleeping with Diana Krall every night, or sometimes Norah Jones, to help put me to sleep.
I made my wife a special DVD to help her to sleep. We filmed one of Florida's torrential summer storms which slowly turned into a gentle rain shower. I looped a portion to stretch it to just over 20 minutes and adjusted the audio so the sound gets gradually quieter enhancing the feeling that the rain is fading.

Even the occasional passing car and distant grumble of thunder is soothing. And the rain is like some ultimate white noise.

Anyone want a copy? PM me your address. You won't believe the torrent pouring out of our rainspout near the beginning!

P.S. The DVD works well for her. She sets the sleep timer on the TV for 20 minutes and I don't think she's ever lasted more than 5!

WAFlowers

Re: Left or Right Side??

Post by WAFlowers » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:53 pm

WAFlowers wrote:I made my wife a special DVD to help her to sleep. We filmed one of Florida's torrential summer storms which slowly turned into a gentle rain shower. I looped a portion to stretch it to just over 20 minutes and adjusted the audio so the sound gets gradually quieter enhancing the feeling that the rain is fading.

Even the occasional passing car and distant grumble of thunder is soothing. And the rain is like some ultimate white noise.
I'm going to extract just the audio and make it available on CD for those without DVD players in the bedroom. Just PM me if you're interested.

lindas88

Post by lindas88 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:38 pm

rpalmer...Gee, we're so much alike...at least our ears. I have had quite a few problems with balance because of my hearing loss...so yes, sometimes that goes with it. I'm just a dizzy woman...

WillSucceed....that was funny....I bet the Newfoundlanders would be laughing...

WAFlowers...That dvd sounds wonderful...so relaxing...lucky wife.
*** Linda ***