Swift and Remstar Auto with CFlex update

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rested gal

Post by rested gal » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:56 pm

Lori, that is so great that the Swift works well for you! And that your Breeze works for Sir_C. You both "done good".

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:00 am

You might want to do a search and read my humongous saga of my own personal experience with the Breeze, although many people love it. I could not use it, and if you read the thread, you'll see how much effort I put into trying to make it work. I found the Swift to be "it."
By the way, I wear the hose in the down position. Find it most comfortable that way and I wear it on the right because I start out sleeping on my favorite side, the left.
Glad you like it, too.

L o R i

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:31 am

I still use my Swift periodically ->mostly when I travel because it comes apart easily and does not get damaged in the travel bag.

I find, however, that I get a sore nose from it as I tend to roll alot and spend the majority of the night on my side. I wake with Nike swoosh marks on my porky cheeks and, have a sore nose from the Swift pushing against my nares.

Overall, I find the Breeze to be the most forgiving of side-sleeping. Swift is a great interface, but Breeze seems to have softer cushions/pillows and, does not leave me 'branded' in the morning.

Buy a new hat, drink a good wine, treat yourself, and someone you love, to a new bauble, live while you are alive... you never know when the mid-town bus is going to have your name written across its front bumper!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:58 am

Will,
I get those "Nike" swoosh marks, too, on my cheeks, and mine are more boney, so it's not the cheek type but the fact it leaves indentations. I had thought is was my prominent cheekbones that were causing that, but now I know it's not. That has been my one main complaint about the Swift. I even posted something recently called "Swift Lines" to see if anybody had any other suggestions as to how to eliminate them, but I've tried it all and just accept that I wake up with lines that go away in a little while. And I'm finding out now that the higher pressures do make it make some noise, when the only noise you hear on lower pressures are the inhalation. I got my software, though, yesterday and am able to view what is going on and it seems to be working very well for me.
If you remember from not too long ago, the Breeze and I just couldn't work out our differences. I know a lot of women probably will disagree with me on this, but it seems from what I've read that it works better with larger men's head. I found it totally unstable, wobbly and like a weight on my head. No matter what I tried, stretch headbands, taping, you name it, it would leak and blister my nares and just did not work out for me. So I gave up and bought the Swift and am very happy I did. That, with the new Remstar Auto w CFlex is a winning combo so far for me. But you never know from one night to the next on this crazy ride we're all on what will stop working or just give you one night of hell to keep you on your toes.
Have a great day...

L o R i

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:47 am

I'm glad that this is working out for you.
What size of pillow are you using in your Swift? I have never used my 'small' pillow and would be happy to send it to you if that is the size that you use.

Let me know!

By the way, what did you do with your Breeze that you are not using?

Buy a new hat, drink a good wine, treat yourself, and someone you love, to a new bauble, live while you are alive... you never know when the mid-town bus is going to have your name written across its front bumper!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:41 pm

Willl, you are so sweet. So far, all I've used is the medium that came on the Swift. Haven't tried any others. But it was such a kind offer. You are always such a generous and thoughtful man. Thanks.

I ended up, after one week of trying everything under the sun, moon and stars to fix the Breeze to get it to work with me, posting an ad on this site and sold it to one of our own for $50. He is using it I believe exclusively and loves it. Works perfectly for him. He even wrote that one night the headgear separated and he still didn't lose pressure. The shell and pillows stayed right in place. Talk about a perfect fit? He was the first to reply to my ad and the taker of the mask. I was just glad to sell it to someone who is getting great use out of it. I had to try to recoup some of my losses since I bought the Breeze from cpap.com with overnight shipping, then ended up with a new pillow to try to make it work, then bought my software and card reader and then finally went for the Swift...it just got to be a bit much out of pocket in such a short time. It was like I was working to pay for nothing but cpap supplies. And since I used it for less than a week, I figured $50 was a fair price. And it makes me happy to know he's using it nightly and it works so well for him.

Thanks for the offer of the small pillows. Maybe I'll get back to you if I ever use them and they work and you still happen to have them. Hope all is well with you.

L o R i

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:39 pm

Lori:
Now that you mention it, I do remember that you sold your Breeze to someone else on the forum -->great that it worked out for both you and the buyer.

If you end up needing the small Swift pillow, (or anyone else who is following this thread, who might want it) let me know and I'll put it in the mail.

I've recently ordered a Tiara Snapp -should arrive soon and I'll post my thoughts after I have used it a few nights.

Thanks for asking how I am... happy as a clam! Hope you are well!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:29 pm

Will,

I am very happy to hear all is well by you. Thanks again for the offer. I'm sure someone will take you up on it.

PLEASE let us know how the Snapp works out. I'm curious as I'm hearing talk about the "new" interface to try. Hopefully it will be arriving soon and we'll get an informed opinion from you. At least we will know it's coming from a reliable source. Hope it works.
L o R i