Waking up in a lake

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mindy

Re: Waking up in a lake

Post by mindy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Fisher and Paykel has a different type of hose that I gather won't work on machines other than theirs.

Mindy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown

Babette

Re: Waking up in a lake

Post by Babette » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Make sure you also cover any short hoses that might lead from your mask to the main hose. That could be your culprit.

I've been having fabulous luck this winter in fighting rainout with the Resmed zippered hose cover. I thought it was a pretty silly idea, but it was only $18, and I wanted to buy something from this very nice DME lady who was so helpful to me, so... It's really worked amazingly well.

I don't have regular heat in my bedroom, just a space heater, so I don't really know what the temp in that room is. I suppose I could buy a thermometer... But I only run the space heater just a little while before I go to bed, otherwise, I get too hot when I sleep. Anyway, between the fleece covering the side hoses of my mask, and the Resmed zippered cover, I've had little to no rainout. I do occasionally get a teensy bit of condensate right in the mask, but I just take it out, flick it, and replace. No, it's not a booger, Jeff, hush.

LOL,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)