In admiration of our RestedGal

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dsm

Re: In admiration of our RestedGal

Post by dsm » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:40 pm

johnnygoodman wrote:Howdy,

<snip>

PS dsm, being that you are an older no non-sense guy, I'm going to hold off on your love fest. You say the word though, and I'll break it out.
Johnny, I appreciate the kind feedback - no need to add any more than that - actually what is perhaps more relevant is that I'm sure you well know how much we all (the vast majority of us) appreciate the extraordinary web sites you have had set up here (cpap.com, cpaptalk.com & cpapauction.com) & how you give us unfettered freedom to participate in the forums. The quality of these sites sets a high standard for anyone wanting to get into the online therapy business.

Cheers

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

Pad A Cheek
Location: Virginia, In the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by Pad A Cheek » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Yes let me add my admiration as well for Rested Gal.
Laura, you seem to know exactly where the links are for the answers that newbies are seeking. You started the Lab Rat Awards, and have encouraged others to tweak their therapy to achieve the very best possible results. You started helping people years ago now on several forums about sleep apnea, and continue to take the time from your busy schedule to help all who need your special touch.

I thank you for being you and for being a leader on this forum.

Karen

boston

Post by boston » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:58 pm

She has definitely helped me be successful with my therapy.
THANK YOU RESTED GAL !!!!!

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:19 pm

I cannot say anything more positive than what others have already said, other than that perhaps RG deserves a unique award of her own. She has been a consistent resource to all. We're probably making her blush.

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris

Raj

Post by Raj » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:21 pm

See all the above for my opinion, Laura. And Den, an extra thank you aimed at you as well.
Resmed AutoSet S9 with H5i humidifier/Swift FX mask/ Climateline hose/ http://www.rajlessons.com/

Babette

Post by Babette » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Laura..............

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then some.

You are the person anyone who reads you thinks "I would love to meet this gal live!"

You're smart, organized, thoughtful, funny, feisty... In short all the makings for a great best friend.

This forum would not be what it is without your concerted efforts at organizing other people's thoughts and then consistently reporting those links back to people whenever they need them.

You are the Encyclopedia of Cpaptalk. I think you need a SUPER ULTIMATE EXTREME LAB RAT AWARD. But since you invented the Lab Rat Awards, and I'm incapable of linking cool pictures to my posts, someone else will have to actually PRESENT it to you.

You have my undying gratitude, friendship, and a place to stay if you're ever in the vicinity.
Babs

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Georgio - Thank you! I appreciate your very kind comment about me. It's because of Rested Gal, Ozij directly, and a host of others indirectly by forum posts, that I felt able to help you on your way and was glad to be able to do it.

Because of these people, who helped me when I was struggling and beginning to learn (I'm still learning!), I feel I want to "give back" and help whenever I can. You are now doing the same!

Each helping another, who then in turn, wants to help new members.

It's how this forum works and I'm glad it does!!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

MrSandman

Post by MrSandman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Funny, I was trying to think of a way to post what DSM said but he did it for me. Not that you looked bad before but thinking of pictures I have seen of you for years I was wondering when I first got a look at this new picture, what in the world is she eating,drinking or taking to turn back the clock? WOW. I think this is giving me unrealistic hope that I will grow my hair back and look 10 years younger if I just stick with it. All I know is I am sure going to keep trying. I am finally after several months of consistent use and trying 4 different auto's waking up feeling rested-that is for another post-or not.

As for you being one of the most admirable people on this board, it goes without saying. I can only hope that by your example among others here, I will be a better person. No offense but when you slap my hand it is as if my own Grandmother did it and I take it to heart.

DSM - You old fart .
MrSandman - Send me a dream...

Hey, I wanted a cool name related to sleep...

Mikosiko

Post by Mikosiko » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:53 pm

well.... somebody need to give her a trophy

..... or maybe DSM has a ring for her?

Miko

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Ha! If youse guys only knew what she did in her "other life"!!!

RG, you ARE a remarkable woman. I so admire you. You've lived such a rich and full life so far and obviously have made it a point to enjoy it all along the way! I can only echo "May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live." "They" say that you get as much out of life as you put into it. RG, I don't know how you have room for it all your generosity is so ... beyond words. THANK YOU.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

dsm

Post by dsm » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:21 pm

Mikosiko wrote:well.... somebody need to give her a trophy

..... or maybe DSM has a ring for her?

Miko
I proposed to RG here a couple of years ago but she turned me down. I think i was because my wife would likely object

All that aside, RG is proving that cpap therapy can maintain the desire to be youthful & if the desire is there it becomes
quite achievable. Also, we folks who are in our later years, come face to face with a choice - grow old & look old or grow
mature & look young - it can be done & RG is proof. The therapy provides the basis for the belief - I certainly believe that
if I stay on xPAP therapy I'll live longer & hope to stay looking 'youngish'.

It is a very funny thing to recall our youth & notions such as 'when I get to 40 I'll be dead' - my generation used to think
30 was over the hill & 40 was just before you died of old age. But one day we reach 30, then 40 then 50 then 60 then .....
suddenly there is (hopefully) the realization that looking old & dead is surprisingly as much a state-of-mind as anything else.

Perhaps the harder part is avoiding becoming set in our ways as that is a betrayal of age as much as one's appearance
can be.

Age means something to me at the moment as in 6 weeks I'll become a great granddad & I am finding the idea quite
exciting. It appeals to me more than learning I would be a granddad (now have 12 of them lil grandkid critters)

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

inacpapfog

Post by inacpapfog » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:23 pm

Count me in on this "Thanks to RG!" thread!
I began this journey over 4 years ago and ,like my name here reveals, I was completely in a fog as to how to survive this new lifestyle!
Rested Gal was one the first persons here to explain, suggest, demonstate and encourage me at every twist and turn!
Happy to report that I am a xpap success story now, having found my ideal masks, machines and setting!
Sure is great to live the day and save the sleep for the evening!

elader

Post by elader » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:30 pm

dsm wrote: Johnny, I appreciate the kind feedback - no need to add any more than that - actually what is perhaps more relevant is that I'm sure you well know how much we all (the vast majority of us) appreciate the extraordinary web sites you have had set up here (cpap.com, cpaptalk.com & cpapauction.com) & how you give us unfettered freedom to participate in the forums. The quality of these sites sets a high standard for anyone wanting to get into the online therapy business.

DSM
I am voting with my wallet and my recommendations. No way anyone gets money from me for cpap except cpap.com. Of course, the DME gets the insurance company's money.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:42 pm

Ha, ha, dsm!!!!! I BEAT YOU! My first (and so far only) great grandchild will be TWO YEARS OLD in August! What took you so long you old goat??

I've "only" got 4 grandkids tho. You've got me beat there. Shall we call it a draw?

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

SeaPappy

Post by SeaPappy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:56 pm

Echoing what all the above say, and adding my personal "Thank You" to an extremely valuable asset to this board and all who use XPAP....RG, you have helped me more than you could possibly understand. Keep up the good work.

Wishing you all the best in the world,
A true admirer,
James

Oh, and by the way I haven't even seen your new picture yet.
Last edited by SeaPappy on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, 'Did you sleep good?' I said 'No, I made a few mistakes.'
Steven Wright