Poll re PurSleep Rebranding

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Should PurSleep (CPAP Desensitization) Change Its Brand Name?

Definitely Yes
29%
Probably Yes
47%
Probably No
12%
Definitely No
12%

Total votes: 76

SleepGuy

Poll re PurSleep Rebranding

Post by SleepGuy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:59 pm

The first time I heard the "Pure Sleep" anti-snoring device advertised on TV I just sat at the television, completely dumbfounded. I am now of the opinion that the time has come to change the name of my desensitization product line altogether. I have some pretty good names in mind that I believe are more descriptive and useful, longer-term, than the original name. I have had such amazingly good feedback on the forum over the years (over two and counting) that I wanted to post this and see what comes of it.

My question arises primarily from tenative plans to invest in mass marketing as opposed to specialty cpap marketing (as in cpap.com, DMEs, etc). My sense is that the "Pure Sleep" device has been so heavily mass marketed--including generation of plenty of negative buzz--that I think the "PurSleep" name would present immediate confusion without the expense of additional marketing to explain the differences...It would seem much better to change the brand altogether.

I would not like to get into a discussion about who was first to use the name, etc. because I honestly don't know. They are fairly obviously different products. However, there is definitely some sleep apnea / snoring overlap. Most peole on the forum seem to be well aware of the PureSleep product. I would like to focus on whether the "Pure Sleep" name is now so well associated with a certain product that people would get confused, tune out commercials, etc. with another product using a similar name....

Also, I am open to suggestions. I want the new brand to focus on the CPAP Mask and desensitization....

Thanks,

Bret
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

TerryB

Re: Poll re PurSleep Rebranding

Post by TerryB » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:30 am

Hello Bret,
I'm sorry that other thing has created a problem for your endeavor. I enjoy your product every night and recommend it to all my fellow local masked desperadoes. Whatever you decide, be sure to let us know how to re-supply.

regards,
TerryB

Bert_Mathews

Post by Bert_Mathews » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:50 am

Bret,
Do NOT drop your present website or name -- JUST auto REDIRECT Visitors to your new site / Name...
I've seen more than a few that changed there name and dropped the old website and "LOST" some of the old customers who didn't get the WORD

GOOD LUCK in all your endeavors and if I can help "LET ME KNOW!"

BERT

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
http://www.sharpstones.com

RipVW

Post by RipVW » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:16 am

Yep, you're probably right. That's a shame, but I think not changing the name would just lead to the confusion you mention. Too bad you didn't get a trademark for the name.
Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com

GaryGarland

Post by GaryGarland » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:28 am

Bret, good luck if you change the name. i previously commented to you how great the logo and branding are - hopefully if you change you can keep most of the graphics, etc. i punched in the top 5 new names i could think of - and saw they each have very nice websites! so good luck in that arena as well - nuthin's easy, eh?

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 am

Thanks to all. The plan would be to just change the actual name, not the logo, design, website, etc. I would probably leave the actual essential oil bottles branded as "PurSleep" and the synthetics branded as "AirCandy" but just change the "Pur-Sleep System" idea to something else that conveyed more of a "CPAP Desensitization" idea.... Since I am adding other products at this time, I have already re-branded the "master" company to be CPAP Solutions and the old website URL simply be redirect to CPAPSolutionCenter.com anyway, so that part was already in process.

I do have a common law trademark for the PurSleep name since it appears that I was first to market with the name. But it's not worth fighting about since whatever damage has already been done in the market and can't really be undone. I am not that bugged about it because I think that the new name will be better for purposes of this product. And if you're going to re-brand, the sooner you can do it the better.
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.

Lee Lee

Post by Lee Lee » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:12 am

Bret,
Isn't that going to be expensive??
By the way, I use it everynight, thanks so much for the product.
Lee Ann

imsleepynomore

Post by imsleepynomore » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:18 am

I think you are on the right track , keep your logo as it is a great logo , your plans on expanding are very promising and I will be happy to follow your expanded products. Good luck in all endevors

AuntieNae

Post by AuntieNae » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 am

I will echo, keep your logo .. it fit's.
S8 AutoSet II with H4i Humid, reader + software
M Series Auto w Aflex with HH, reader + software
IntelliPAP AutoAdjust with HH, reader + software
Mirage Liberty Full Face with Nasal Pillows and Head Gear
Pursleep, Pad A Cheeks~ :)
Started 9/12/08

ScottyT

Post by ScottyT » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:42 am

It seems a bit odd that's it's aromatherapy for CPAP users, but the primary graphic is an unconscious couple with no CPAP gear. That's a bit confusing -- though I imagine it's hard to look so content with plastic all over your face.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:16 am

ScottyT wrote:It seems a bit odd that's it's aromatherapy for CPAP users, but the primary graphic is an unconscious couple with no CPAP gear. That's a bit confusing -- though I imagine it's hard to look so content with plastic all over your face.
Yup--several have made similar comments. Unfortunately custom photo shoots with models, equipment, professional photography, etc. costs a lot of cabbage so I've been happy with the "stock art" that's basically free.... The plan is / was to swap that out with a custom photograph at some point in time.

Bluebonnet_Gal

Post by Bluebonnet_Gal » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:43 pm

SleepGuy wrote: My question arises primarily from tenative plans to invest in mass marketing as opposed to specialty cpap marketing (as in cpap.com, DMEs, etc).
Glad to hear that you're going to mass market your product. That led me to question why we don't hear any marketing from the C-PAP companies (ResMed, Respironics, etc). It seems we're bombarded with marketing for the latest drug to treat whatever may ail you, from allergies to insomnia to erectile dysfunction. Why nothing from the C-PAP companies? If they were marketing like the drug companies, perhaps I would have known YEARS ago what was causing my constant exhaustion and that help was available!

Gail

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:45 pm

It's regrettable that you have to do this... I really enjoy the product.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

swcompassionate

Post by swcompassionate » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:38 am

Hey Bret,

Just wanted to let you know that you sent me a sample pack of the scents probably about a month ago or a little less and I am absolutely in love with the calm and peace scents. Thank you so much. I am currently working on breaking the three hour sleep barrier. I just wanted to let you know that even though I am waking after three hours your product has helped me to be able to just relax lying in bed with the mask on even if I do not fall back asleep right away. Thanks for making such a great product and thinking of us hose heads. Hang in there and whatever you decide to change just know that your product line is wonderful.

Maria

Section1

Post by Section1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:30 am

I think you might be right about some people being confused on the name. I hope you can come up with something that will work for you. I do use your products and hope to see some new things added to you offerings soon. Whatever you decide I'm sure you will have success.