Lifespan of Swift LT Pillow

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
GaryGarland

Lifespan of Swift LT Pillow

Post by GaryGarland » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:42 am

Hi All,
I know references have been made before, and i thought about starting a poll - does anyone know the lifespan for one of these pillows? i'm about 6 weeks into my mask (my first) and i'm at least imagining more leaks. i believe medicaire (which i should be eligible for in 25 years!) offers a new mask every 3 months or so - so for us non-medicaire folks, so we replace the pillows every 6 or 12 or whatever weeks? thanks!!!!!

lktnky

Re: Lifespan of Swift LT Pillow

Post by lktnky » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:36 pm

I've been wondering the same thing. Seems like I can only get about 8 weeks worth of use out of the pillows. Don't know if my DME will sell just the pillows but have managed to swap out a number of them to have some in reserve.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:02 pm

It appears to me that the pillows do not retain the seal for very long. I haven't really kept track of how long. I like the mask though and went searching.

I found a seller on ebay who sells 6 packs of the Swift LT pillows (all 6 in the same size) for $30 USD plus shipping. They are advertised as being brand new and he has excellent feedback. They "LOOKED" brand new when I got them and each was in the same little plastic zip top bag with the size marked on it that comes with the mask. I did disinfect them just in case though. It seems like a great deal to me.

His Username is "bigmakkers".

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Medicare allows two sets a month. That's probably were your ebay seller is getting his. I change mine every month to six weeks. And I'm not getting two sets a month from Medicare.

JeffH

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi--i have been using mine for about 3 weeks now. I have traded online here with someone so I could have a back up. My insurance --Apria thru CIGNA--allows me to get new nasal pillows when ever I want or need them---no co pays so I am very lucky to have this coverage. So far --no leaks!!!
SIAZ

bigk

Post by bigk » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:06 pm

I'm still using my original one with 0.00 or 0.02 leak rates every night. Had it since September.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose

BeanMeScot

Post by BeanMeScot » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:07 am

I have had my original one since Oct. I traded with someone on here a few weeks ago. I can't tell which one is the old one and which is the new one.