how often should you have sleep study?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sam1234

Re: how often should you have sleep study?

Post by sam1234 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:42 pm

Slinky wrote:Sam, since it has been 12 years since your first and only in-lab sleep study it might not be that bad an idea to have another. There may be another sleep disorder that has developed in addition to your OSA.

Of course, if YOU have to pay a good portion of the sleep study cost out of pocket ..... yeah, you can self-titrate at home w/or w/o the software - but its faster and easier and much more interesting to self-titrate using the software for your CPAP and you have a great CPAP w/that AutoSet II.

I agree that I have a great machine. I have used it three nights and have slept really well. Looking at the data from the clinician's menu, I have noticed that my pressure is 12.6 versus the 11 that I have used on both of my previous machines that were based on the sleep study. It seems that the machine is doing a fair job of titration. I have left the range from 4 - 20. I set the settling to zero. I will monitor this carefully for the next few weeks and see if these readings change. I am also waiting to see if my comfort level changes as the time passes. So far, the machine has provided great comfort. I hate spending even a night away from the family.