resmed software and clinician manual

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kopoloff

resmed software and clinician manual

Post by kopoloff » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:54 pm

I have had a large number of requests for both resscan 3.7 and the S8 clinicians manual. As a result, I'm looking for an easier way to send them. I'll get it to you somehow, it'll just take a little bit longer.
Sorry for the delay

Cheers

K

Mikosiko

Re: resmed software and clinician manual

Post by Mikosiko » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:47 pm

FTP download (using username/password) maybe?

ResScan 3.7 zip or exe file is aprox. 143 MB.... doable... could be kind of slow for people that still using dial-up, but can be done.
Clinical Manuals are not a big deal using the same method.

Miko

mbridget

Post by mbridget » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:48 pm

When it is conveniant for you - could you send one my way also?

I will PM you my email address. Thank you!

bigk

Post by bigk » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Do you have free-webspace from your ISP? you could load them there. I think Resmed would be upset about your giving away their $100 software though.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose

wongnog

Post by wongnog » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:42 pm

Just upload it to rapidshare or filefront or similar free file hosting site

kopoloff

Post by kopoloff » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:18 pm

I was planning to ftp individually, but it's a bit time consuming. So, we'll try it this way.

The clinician manual is here. It will be available for 7 days and 100 downloads

* edited out by cpaptalk admins *

Let me know if you have any difficulties

cheers

k

JayC

Post by JayC » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:32 pm

Just to be clear, the download is for the user's manual provided within the ResScan software.....correct?

Just trying to make sure whether this is Clinician manual for a specific unit, or the clinical guide for understanding the software/results.

Thanks in advance for clarifying...

J
(Who has 3.5 and is enjoying reading the clinical guide, but doesn't need to download a copy of something I already have......<grin>)

wongnog

Post by wongnog » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:16 pm

Just downloaded it myself, my thanks to kopoloff. To answer JayC's question, the first page says ResScan 3.7 Clinical Guide (English).

Hope you don't mind but I'm mirroring the file on RapidShare in case someone wants to download it after the 7 days. Here's the link:

dnaonejax

Post by dnaonejax » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Hello,
A mirror of 3.7 would be greatly apprecaited(the install).
Thank in advance,
J

rippersmom

Post by rippersmom » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:30 pm

wongnog wrote:Just downloaded it myself, my thanks to kopoloff. To answer JayC's question, the first page says ResScan 3.7 Clinical Guide (English).

Hope you don't mind but I'm mirroring the file on RapidShare in case someone wants to download it after the 7 days. Here's the link:
Thank you!!!
Nancy in AZ
Retirement Rocks!

wongnog

Post by wongnog » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:39 pm

dnaonejax wrote:A mirror of 3.7 would be greatly apprecaited(the install).
Well I'd love a copy of resscan 3.7 too but I'm pretty sure it would be illegal to post a free link to it.

dnaonejax

Post by dnaonejax » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:58 pm

wongnog wrote:
Well I'd love a copy of resscan 3.7 too but I'm pretty sure it would be illegal to post a free link to it.

Hello Wongnog,
You bring up an interesting point. Since the software is not for sale to patients then I don't see how it would be illegal since Resmed would not have any economic damage since the do not profit from sales of the software anyways? Also, I believe that software copied for educational purposes is permissable under US law, other wise you could not go to a library and photocopy a book. If it is for educational purposes and no one is profiting(sellling) it. I could be wrong but the bottom line would be that the software is not available for sale to patients anyways so how can they claim they are losing money by patients sharing copies? The whole thing seems silly to me in the first place, I dont know why they refuse to sell the software to patients in the first place. What should be illegal is that 3.5 version. I paid 50-100 bucks and it was suppose to run on Vista, what a disaster. Them selling that trainwreck 3.5 version and marketing it as professional software should be against the law if you ask me. I have since switched to Respironics that actually sells software for patients that works with Vista, but I still have the S8 so I would like to have a copy of software that works in case I have to use the S8 in the future for some reason. What I should do is call Resmed and insist that they refund my money or provide me with a working version of their resscan that I have already paid for. But anyways I digress, I would not purchase a toaster from Resmed after the fustration they put me through with their 3.5 version.
Cheers,
JF

JayC

Post by JayC » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:12 pm

JF:

I have Vista for Business on my laptop.

I had problems getting ResScan 3.5 working...or rather, problems getting the driver for the card reader to install properly (was supposed to auto install at the tail end of the software install.) Kept crashing. Then, when I manually loaded driver, software would not recognize that I had a reader and a card ready to be read.

I finally found (here or elsewhere) mention of possible conflicts....which might be overcome by temporarily disabling network and wireless adapters on the laptop. I got the feeling that desktops were less likely to experience this conflict....not sure though.

I had to do both, and DID get the 3.5 to "see" my data and download it.

As long as I go into Hardware/Device Manager and disable those adapters before I start ResScan, I have been fine. I just "Enable" again when I am done, and restart my computer for good measure.

Hope this helps someone.

J

wongnog

Post by wongnog » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm sorry, I had assumed the software would come with the purchase of a resscan card reader. I'm a complete newbie to CPAP and have no problems with file sharing, so as long as the board has no issues with it then I say great. Of course I don't own a copy of resscan at all so couldn't even share it if I wanted to.

bigk

Post by bigk » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:02 pm

dnaonejax wrote:
wongnog wrote:

Hello Wongnog,
You bring up an interesting point. Since the software is not for sale to patients then I don't see how it would be illegal since Resmed would not have any economic damage since the do not profit from sales of the software anyways? Also, I believe that software copied for educational purposes is permissable under US law, other wise you could not go to a library and photocopy a book. If it is for educational purposes and no one is profiting(sellling) it. I could be wrong but the bottom line would be that the software is not available for sale to patients anyways so how can they claim they are losing money by patients sharing copies? The whole thing seems silly to me in the first place, I dont know why they refuse to sell the software to patients in the first place. What should be illegal is that 3.5 version. I paid 50-100 bucks and it was suppose to run on Vista, what a disaster. Them selling that trainwreck 3.5 version and marketing it as professional software should be against the law if you ask me. I have since switched to Respironics that actually sells software for patients that works with Vista, but I still have the S8 so I would like to have a copy of software that works in case I have to use the S8 in the future for some reason. What I should do is call Resmed and insist that they refund my money or provide me with a working version of their resscan that I have already paid for. But anyways I digress, I would not purchase a toaster from Resmed after the fustration they put me through with their 3.5 version.
Cheers,
JF
Wonderful as this rationalisation and justification is, it's illegal just the same.

Resmed do sell this software.

If you contact Resmed in Australia they will send you a free upgrade.

I'm not sure what problems you had with 3.5 - it worked fineunder Vista. The problem with the card reader is that it competes for the same resources as some wireless cards - this is a Microsoft problem, not a Resmed problem. Let's give the paranoid hysteria a break.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose