Got my CPAP!! First night tonight!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
wb9tpg

Post by wb9tpg » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:48 am

ozij wrote: Welcome and good luck.
Thanks fo the encouragement! I thought I'd report back on the first night. IT WENT GREAT!

I spent some time earlier in the evening preparing the equipment, testing various mask and hose positions, and experimenting to get it just right. It was worth the effort as it helped relieve the anxiety at bedtime.

Prepared for bed as normal and hit the pillow as 11:15. It took around 35 minutes to fall asleep by which time the machine had ramped up to 8 which did not bother me. I awoke at 5:10 to use the bathroom; I was amazed I slept that long. Returning to bed I it took aroung 45 minutes to fall asleep again. This time it was because I felt so good! I felt rested, strong & great! I did sleep for an additional hour or so and awoke with the same great rested feeling. It amazing, I feel it from my head to my toes.

Gary

Sleepless on LI

Reply to Quest 496

Post by Sleepless on LI » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:06 am

Quest,
Just a thought. In my very beginning days of therapy, I when I still felt tired, someone asked me, "But are you still feeling fatigued?" And when I thought about it, the answer was a huge, "No." There is a difference between the tiredness I was now feeling as opposed to the exhaustion and extreme fatigue and irritability that accompanied it before treatment.
So ask yourself that same question and hopefully you will be surprised that the treatment has already begun, in its own subtle way, to help you. And congrats on the attitude. With one like that, you can't be anything but successful. Best of luck. Keep us posted.
L o R i

quest496

Post by quest496 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:15 am

Thanks Lori,
"But are you still feeling fatigued?" And when I thought about it, the answer was a huge, "No." There is a difference between the tiredness I was now feeling as opposed to the exhaustion and extreme fatigue and irritability that accompanied it before treatment.
But unfortunately for me, I am still physically fatigued as well. I woke up today, after what seems to be my regular sleep pattern these days and felt like my feet were swollen, my joints are sore, etc. Pretty much standard operating procedure for me for about 15 years.

I totally hear you about the doc being your best friend, and actually, I work with my docs husband, so have indeed actually become friends with her outside of our prof relationship. This allows me to send "panic emails" to her and be a little bit of a hypochondriac if I need to and she responds right away and all that.

I am looking into the probability that there are other issues at hand, so that, combined with the GREAT encouragement from all of you folks, is keeping me going.

My first smart card will be analyzed in about a week, so that should give me some answers too.

Thanks so much
Quest

-didn't I say my posts were going to be shorter from now on?

I'm scared, but I used to be very scared. - a quote used by the Freshman Class my senior year in HS (oh so many years ago) and have managed to use in just about every major step I have made in my life since.