There went the 'stache!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
WhiteBeard

Re: There went the 'stache!

Post by WhiteBeard » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:14 pm

rooster I think the Hybrid works great with a closely trimmed beard, I personally think it is one of the most comfortable and well designed mask around, and it works really well too! I switched over to the Liberty because I just couldn't get as good of numbers (AHI) with the Hybrid on my machine as I can with the Liberty. And then after going with the Liberty I let my whiskers grow out (I have a Santa beard now it's getting long and its pure white!) that chin piece just doesn't work very well with that type of beard!
FuzzyGuest let me know when you hear of mask made for us bearded folk!
ResMed VPAP Adapt SV Enhanced with HumidAire 2i, ResLink with Nonin 8000 Pulse OximeterSensor,ResScan 3.5 Software, Respironics EverFlo OPI Oxygen Concentrator 3 lpm EEP 9.0, Min PS 6.0, Max PS 16.0

roster

Post by roster » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:40 pm

WhiteBeard wrote:.......that chin piece just doesn't work very well with that type of beard!
Oops, I forgot about that chin piece. I did not like it and cut it off right away. Have been using it that way for 27 months.

Here's some tips:

viewtopic.php?t=14422&highlight=

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

FuzzyGuest

Post by FuzzyGuest » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:22 am

rooster wrote: I bet a properly tweaked Hybrid mask would. If you try it, I can give you some tips. http://www.respcare.com/hybrid/
I had a Hybrid...kept it as long as the DME would let me. Tried it every which way, leaked all over like crazy. I have a Liberty now that another DME gave me...thank goodness I didn't have to pay for that piece of junk. It's just not designed well, the slightest bump makes the strap clips pop off. Doesn't matter because it leaks too.

JNK, I tried that exact setup. Nothing stops the lip flutters.

WhiteBeard

Post by WhiteBeard » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:55 am

rooster wrote:
WhiteBeard wrote:.......that chin piece just doesn't work very well with that type of beard!
Oops, I forgot about that chin piece. I did not like it and cut it off right away. Have been using it that way for 27 months.

Here's some tips:

viewtopic.php?t=14422&highlight=
rooster I will have to dig out my old Hybrid and try that. But I will stick to my mod with the hair elastics holding the nasal pillows in place. ( its's posted in the Lab Rat awards) Anyway I have to high of pressures, when I was on BiPAP I was 20/16 and now that I am on VPAP ASV every night I get pressures up to 25cm to prevent an apnea. I just can't get the nasal pillows to stay in place any other way, with that type of pressure. But I like the idea of taking off the chin piece. Maybe I can go back to using the Hybrid if I can get the same type of numbers (AHI) that I get with the Liberty. Thanks for the info!
ResMed VPAP Adapt SV Enhanced with HumidAire 2i, ResLink with Nonin 8000 Pulse OximeterSensor,ResScan 3.5 Software, Respironics EverFlo OPI Oxygen Concentrator 3 lpm EEP 9.0, Min PS 6.0, Max PS 16.0