Anybody from UK?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Fifi

Post by Fifi » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:25 pm

My Remstar Auto with c-flex has been ordered and is now being held somewhere in the UK by customs. The journey US to UK was surprisingly quick.

However it is now with UK Customs and I just hope they can be persuaded to release the package some time this millennium, before they 'return it to sender'. Everybody at the customs has been so helpful but the process appears somewhat complex,involving masses of emails and phone calls going to and fro, as so many different departments need to give the okey, before it can be finally released.

Having read so much about this machine i am so looking forward to receiving it and finally trying it out. I have high hopes that it will provide me not only with better sleep but also the info to monitor what is going on during those really bad nights.

All that is left for me to do now is to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

littlebaddow

Post by littlebaddow » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:35 pm

Fifi
I do hope you are not disappointed after the rave reviews for that machine
I have that one and I do find it superior to the cpap I had before. Do you have the heated humidifier too? I find that makes it more comfortable and helps to stop nasal congestion, though I do get a wet nose sometimes from rainout
Let us know how you get on.

Fifi

Post by Fifi » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:06 pm

Littlebaddow, I already have a fisher and paykel humidifier which I could not be without. One day it broke and I had immediate nose bleeds, was totally bunged with a really sore throat.

I ordered the remstar with a humidifier and now I shall have a spare humidifier. I hope to use the fisher and paykel though because I really get on well with it.

I got fed up with being woken two to three times a night to empty the hose as it gurgled away full of water.....so I invested in the heated hose and have not looked back since.

No more gurgling, nose bleeds or stuffed up noses. It is very effective especially as I love to have a really cold bedroom and with the humidifier turned up high.

littlebaddow

Post by littlebaddow » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:19 pm

Fifi wrote:.....so I invested in the heated hose and have not looked back since.
Fifi, did you order the heated hose direct from the Australian supplier, and if so what did it cost to ship, did you get clobbered for import duty, and how long did it take to arrive

Sorry, feels a bit like 20 questions

Fifi

Post by Fifi » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:05 pm

It arrived within the week and no problems with taxes or vat, it came straight through the door in a jiffy bag.

Yes I obtained it directly from sleep Zone Australia. Hope the link works:

http://www.sleepzone.com.au/showitems.a ... PAP%20Tube'

Postage was a nominal amount I can't remember actually but they will tell you immediately if you ask them. They are very good and respond almost immediately to emails.

We do however need to buy a transformer from Maplin. Buying the transformer was also very painless as they had loads in stock.

Best 30 odd quid I ever spent!

Fifi

Post by Fifi » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:03 pm

Any body wishing to order from the UK the good news is the machine finally arrived today still demanding that I pay masses of tax.

The driver threatened to take the goods away unless I paid the taxes. He kindly agreed to wait while I made a few more calls and then the relevant UPS department finally gave the driver the necessary code to release the goods to me.

My perseverance paid off and as a result paid did not pay the equivalent of $246 which I am absolutely thrilled about.

All one needs to do is tape the customs form 10.3 importation of goods for disabled persons, to the outside of the package before it leaves the US and I am sure it will be plain sailing from then on.

I am not sure who to contact at CPAP.com to alert them to this, so I just hope they notice this post to include the form on the initial order form when orders come from the UK.

littlebaddow

Post by littlebaddow » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:54 pm

Great stuff, fifi, shows the power of peseverence.
Enjoy the new machine, hope it works well for you.

gailzee

Re: Anybody from UK?

Post by gailzee » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:58 pm

I use the PB 420E, and when I travel to Hungary, use the I bring the set of adaptors and all have worked fine overseas. The PB 420E does switch also other current. I've used the adaptors for hairdryers, sound noise machines, and will be using for first time in Hung. in autumn.

And may we add (off thread) that we send our prayers for what your fellow London'ers experienced. Sad day in the world. Our prayers are with all of the UK.

All the best,

Gz[quote="sleepdeeper"]Is anybody from the UK and has anybody ordered from the USA.

Is it simple and straight forward or does it take months.

Would anybody from the uK care to share experiences re equipment etc and getting used to CPAP.

rene walker

importing CPAP machine from USA

Post by rene walker » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:41 am

Hello Fifi
Please could you advise what you did with the 10.3 form (importation of goods for disabled people) I have found the website and have the form but do you have to submit it to any government department first before letting CPap.com have it for attatching to the box prior to posting to the UK.n
Also Ive spent hours on the 'helpline' to customs and excise and have established that a CPAP machine is classisied as 'artificial respirators' and its commodity code is:
9019200000. This code means there is no customs duty payable provided this code is on the customs declaration completed by the seller in the USA.
The import Vat should be avoided if you are chronically sick or disabled and are elibible for zero vat and zero import vat when you have completed the above form.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:10 am

You're asking a question from a 10 yr old post... and I don't think the poster's around any more.

rene walker

Post by rene walker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Thanks JUlie
I just didn't look at the date. Thankyou