Looking for REMstar M Series Auto w/A-Flex Service Manual

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
petestrash

Looking for REMstar M Series Auto w/A-Flex Service Manual

Post by petestrash » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:20 am

I have a Respironics REMstar M Series Auto with A-Flex unit that has stopped functioning and has the message "Service Required".

I have been sent a copy of the Clinicians Manual, but it does not cover this error message at all.

If you can help diagnose the issue I'm very happy to listen to suggestions.

If you can help with a copy of the Service Manual, Please PM me for my email address.

Thanks,

Peter.

Pineapple

Re: Looking for REMstar M Series Auto w/A-Flex Service Manual

Post by Pineapple » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:53 am

Peter,

This sounds like a serious mechanical problem - opening up your self could void your warranty. I'd call the DME.

petestrash

Post by petestrash » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:17 am

I would like to be able to at least get a code out of it before even contemplating returning it. I am current working on a remote mine site overseas, so the logistics of a return to the US is a real pain.

Peter.

Gregg K

Post by Gregg K » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:22 pm

I just had the same thing happen.

Has anyone got information on this?

Mine seems to work. But if I let it sit while off, after five minutes it'll give beeps, and the serrvice message.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:46 pm

I am running mine off DC.

After turning on the power, I don't get that error message.

But, I am seeing that data is not logged on to the card after about a week ago. So I am assuming that is the problem with my machine.

I turned on the generator and logged in so I could type this. My main concern is that I don't have a DME or doctor. Will Respironics take a unit from a user? I doubt it since they're about as unfriendly toward actual humans as I've ever seen a company be. They appear to only want to interface with doctors.

Anyways, not much here except I just wanted to log in and get my info on the screen.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:20 pm

If you go to Chapter 5 in the Setup manual, it gives some description of the patterns to the beeps and backlights on the buttons.....the way they flash......there are High Priority and Medium Priority Alerts.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Well, I did go to the manual, and this didn't completely fit their description.

So I went and did the two arrow startup. And it seems to have solved the problem.

We'll see.

And thanks!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:01 pm

I had the same issue with my M series. After two days of usage, I get the "service required" message and the beep-beep, beep-beep. I brought the unit to DME provider and they gave me a loaner while they send it back for testing. The loaner does the same thing, two days of usage and the message and the beep code returns. I work around it by entering the setup and switching the machine from auto to cpap, then powering the machine down and resetting the machine back to auto. I am still waiting to hear from the DME about my original machine. Also, the memory card causes the loaner unit to beep and display an icon on the display (It's too small to determine what the icon is) as soon as the unit powers up. I tried flipping it in the other direction (Thinking I inserted it backwards) but that does not clear it. As soon as I pull the card out the error goes away. I'm starting to believe that possibly the card is the source of the trouble. Does anyone have feedback?

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:48 pm

I also have the 500M model and having problems with the service required message. I usually found after traveling with the unit and the humidifier creates moisture in the machine. I have to let it air out well before it begins to work. Also I found that starting with setup mode (power on holding the both arrows) and putting the machine in CPAP mode. Repeating the steps and putting it back on AUTO also does the trick. Other then that just make sure the components get dried out before putting it in a case for travel seems to work for me.

Carey O

Post by Carey O » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:35 pm

Thanks, That worked for me also. cpap then back to auto.
Carey

discostock

Post by discostock » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:34 pm

According to the A-flex manual, the 'Service Required' message is the result of 'Possible Device Failure.' It happened to mine recently and I'm working with my provider to get a new one per the manfacturer's 2-year warranty. I've had the device about 6 months.

petestrash

Post by petestrash » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks for that, I eventually got it fixed under warranty.

TANSTAF1

Post by TANSTAF1 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:58 am

Where does one get the clinician manual from?

Mine is flashing and showing service required and does not take me into the setup screen. I would like to know what are the codes for the flashing lights.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:31 am

You can find the clinician manual here..just scroll down the page to the bottom and find instructions on how to request the provider manual.
http://www.apneaboard.com/CPAP%20Adjustment.htm
I don't remember if it had the error codes though.

This thread had the codes for the older Remstar machines and they might be similar.
viewtopic/t34211/viewtopic.php?p=221849#p221849

or maybe this one
viewtopic/t27643/Does-anyone-know-the-e ... R-Pro.html

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

pmillard13@hotmail.com

Post by pmillard13@hotmail.com » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:19 am

m'y cpap worked for years .. turning itself on and off automatically by breathing or stopping breathing. doesnt work anymore . can you help