Attn: whiners, complainers, quitters

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

What line of thinking is going to help you??

Poll ended at Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:17 am

I want gentle compassion.
4%
I want to hear others experiences.
72%
I want bleeding heart, poor me, poor me support.
1%
I want a 2X4 upside my head, tough love, suck it up, it's my life.
23%

Total votes: 75

blowfish

Post by blowfish » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:57 pm

Last edited by blowfish on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imsleepynomore

Re: Attn: whiners, complainers, quitters

Post by imsleepynomore » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:34 pm

I come to this site for information , humor and hearing about others , this site can be an inspiration to anyone with an open mind; if the mind is closed it might take some firm persuasion I vote for ALL of the ABOVE

crossfit junkie

Post by crossfit junkie » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:39 am

Hi folks...
OK here I am! a new 'newbie' talking. Have had my first CPAP for a week and next week I have to try a BiPAP. (The doctor sent TWO perscriptions for me to try). I hear that, that is unusual. Anyway, no more unusual to me than all the rest of this! So far, (maybe I'm on a beginner's pink cloud, am I??) I actually enjoy going to bed, hooking up to the CPAP (at 12) and not being afraid any more to go to sleep. I like the feel of the air being pushed into my nose or mouth. Next week the BiPAP is to be set on 20/18 which I'm told is high, but when I have nothing to compare it to, hey! no big deal. This experience so far is SO positive that I'm bouncing out of bed in the morning. I'll be returning back to work next month after almost 2 years off. Yesterday afternoon I went to bed, hooked up for 1 and 1/2 hour 'cause it makes me feel good. I feel like a new woman already and just want to say that you won't hear any complaining from me. I might drown you with questions but "attitude is gratiude". Thanks everybody for being here- I'm sure you remember what it was like in the beginning and from what I gather, you haven't lost your wit, compassion, or ability to live life. Every event that we encounter can be a learning experience and I'm already learning that this disorder is just like not having a disorder if we follow our treatment. Thanks for listening. Crossfit Junkie

Babette

Post by Babette » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:52 am

Crossfit Junkie,

You will get better response to your posts if you START YOUR OWN TOPIC THREAD instead of digging up and posting onto older threads that are basically stagnant and informational at this point.

Good luck!
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:00 pm

Hey, Babs.......

I think it just might have been in an appropriate place and resurrected this fairly popular thread/poll for some who may be lurking.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

jnk

Post by jnk » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Babette wrote:Crossfit Junkie,

You will get better response to your posts if you START YOUR OWN TOPIC THREAD instead of digging up and posting onto older threads that are basically stagnant and informational at this point.

Good luck!
B.
@ Babette: Aw, come on, B. You know this was one of your favorite threads!

@ Crossfit Junkie: The kind of post you just made (encouraging, positive, and informative) is the kind so many of us love to see so much that we wouldn't want anyone to miss it. That kind of post can change lives, ya know? That's one reason many of us love seeing that kind of post be the start of a new thread!

@ Wulfman: I agree.

@ myself: This thread/poll had a few controversial elements that some were afraid might be offensive to others, like many works of modern art have. But I think it helped me, for one, in serving as a personal attitude-check.

jeff (an undying fan of carbonman!)

leftlane45

Post by leftlane45 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:34 pm

When someone is diagnosed with an illness, the attending doctor prescribs a form of treatment and monitors your progress. It seems when diagnosed with OSA you are handed off to a (for the lack of a better word) salesman whos only intrest is to make money. I have rarely in my short time on this forum read to many post where these people were given all the infomation needed to treat there OSA. The posts I read it seems there is little or no instruction or follow up given.

Myself included, I have been on cpap for a little over a month and I have not heard from any of the so called professionals I dealt with along the way. The only info I received was from the good people on this forum. So I dont blame anyone for being scared when being dx with OSA. There needs to be a from of protocol for people to follow so they can better control there situation.

Jerry
It is what it is !!! Deal with it !!

library teacher

Post by library teacher » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm a newbie, so I have been a whiner. But I read the posts because I want to hear other people's experiences and learn from them. Thanks to all of you for helping this "whiner" out. I hope to be an encourager one day really soon.

roster

Post by roster » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Babette wrote:Crossfit Junkie,

Good luck!
B.
Babs, There you go whining!

CFJ, Thanks for the post.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

crossfit junkie

New and need response!

Post by crossfit junkie » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi,
Firstly-great site. Good work folks.
I'm new to CPAP/BiPAP. Two weeks ago I was sent home with my first trial run of CPAP (don't know all terminology yet).
Sent home to try CPAP at a MAX pressure of 12. I had the machine with the Easy Breathe technology and it is fairly comfortable.
On Tuesday, I'll be sent home for 2 more weeks with a BiPAP machine and a completely different perscription:20/18
My question: Why the huge difference in pressures? First 12 and then 20 and look!! An 18 pressure IN breathe? Someone please explain. Thanks.
Crossfit Junkie

roster

Re: New and need response!

Post by roster » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:46 am

crossfit junkie wrote:Hi,
Firstly-great site. Good work folks.
I'm new to CPAP/BiPAP. Two weeks ago I was sent home with my first trial run of CPAP (don't know all terminology yet).
Sent home to try CPAP at a MAX pressure of 12. I had the machine with the Easy Breathe technology and it is fairly comfortable.
On Tuesday, I'll be sent home for 2 more weeks with a BiPAP machine and a completely different perscription:20/18
My question: Why the huge difference in pressures? First 12 and then 20 and look!! An 18 pressure IN breathe? Someone please explain. Thanks.
Crossfit Junkie
Maybe the old joke still rings true: Why do you think they call it a medical practice?

Insist on a fully data capable machine so you can monitor apneas, hypopneas and leaks. This is the only way to get your therapy under control and optimized. As you have seen, your sleep doc seems to be guessing at what pressure you need. This may be fun for him but it won't be for you. You need to check the data at home and titrate the best settings for yourself.

Hey, I looked at that crossfit web site and there are some neat videos that will help me with weightlifting techniques.

Regards,

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

crossfit junkie

Post by crossfit junkie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi,
(My second post here). I am NEW>>>>>>I've made a mistake.And my apologies: My pressure that I'm to do a trial run on the BiPAP is 18/10. Still different from the CPAP setting of 12 that I tried for the last 2 weeks. Guess I'll wait and see which machine made me feel best and have the technican review my results for both.
And......I'm going to read more and post less!! until I get the hang of it and
knowing what goes where
!
Thanks everybody for your patience.

georgepds

Post by georgepds » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:48 pm

leftlane45 wrote:.. It seems when diagnosed with OSA you are handed off to a (for the lack of a better word) salesman whos only intrest is to make money. I have rarely in my short time on this forum read to many post where these people were given all the infomation needed to treat there OSA. ... There needs to be a from of protocol for people to follow so they can better control there situation...
In my case, I call the protocol Linda (generically known as the spouse) . She nagged the bejesus out of me until I became a regular user of the device.

jules

Post by jules » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:31 pm

bump

klockemy

Post by klockemy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:50 am

This poll makes me want to get some ice cream, cry on the phone for an hour and give up on my therapy....... lol.