Where A CPAP Newbie Should Start

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Squishy

Re: Where A CPAP Newbie Should Start

Post by Squishy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi Everyone
Newbie here,

Using an Aircurve 10cs auto pace wave

Have been on Bipap for about 5 months

PregnantWithOSA

Post by PregnantWithOSA » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:47 am

Hi, I am pregnant in my third trimester and was just diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I would like to hear people’s opinions about pros and cons to the CPAP machines they own so that I can make a better educated choice in purchasing one for myself. Everywhere I’ve searched, there’s general information about “what CPAP machine is right for you”, but no matter where I search, I simply can’t find personal reviews! Do any of you know of any links to direct me to with regard to this? I would appreciate it greatly! Thanks!

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:13 pm

I hope you have a great birth...

I like ResMed machines. Currently I am using the Airsense 10 For Her and am pleased with it. Prior to that I was using The S8 AutoSet.

What seems to help the most is to have a machine that records detailed data and then you can use something like sleepyhead to review your data and dial in your therapy. Without this information you are basically screwed and can not expect excellent results.

With that said, all of the machines work. I drive a Honda and some people prefer other brands. They all get you from point A to point B. I just happen to find the algorithm used by ResMed more effective for me.