CPAP and dry eyes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zoocrewphoto

Re: CPAP and dry eyes

Post by zoocrewphoto » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:01 am

I have puffy eyes off and on. Not every day, but they do seem to be worse on some of my best nights of sleep. In my case, some eye drops once I get up clear it up quickly. They don't bother me enough to do anything more.

My mom has trouble with air in her eyes, so she wears swim goggles to protect them.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Starshine72

Post by Starshine72 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:25 am

I also suffer from dry eye due to my cpap. Try using Bausch and Lomb Soothe lubebcant eye ointment. It's a night time dry eye treatment. Bausch and Lomb are resgistered trade marks. I have no affiliation with this company. I just know the product worked for me. Hope this helps.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:41 pm

Old post but I like these... they last years and are easy to clean:

https://www.amazon.com/Onyix-Silicone-S ... B01IIFECDY

OR,
http://www.eyeeco.com/product/iproduct_ ... hiled.html

For more info and reviews search in the box under the CPAPtalk logo for Onyix. There's a newer version out but I don't like it cuz the bridge piece is too broad and interferes with my mask. Get the older one with the narrow bridge piece.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.