Change Pressure Settings on Remstar Plus

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
aceeone@aol.com

Re: Change Pressure Settings on Remstar Plus

Post by aceeone@aol.com » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:06 pm

rested gal wrote:Gringo, Den gave you the right instructions. If you'd like to have the Provider manual for your machine, PM your email address. Will be glad to send it to you.
Hope you can help. Thanks in advance

RW

Post by RW » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:27 pm

I need help as well. I have a remstar pro c-flex +
I have had it since November 13. the pressure is at 11. I called the doc's office and they refuse to send someone to lower it. curiously i had a sleep study and the results did not recommend a c-pap. it was not until i took the results back to the fellow who interpreted the first ones and then went for a second study with the c-pap trial did they recommend one. thus i feel the tests are not very accurate. i even wrote a letter to this doc last week. no response. when it ramps from 4-11 in twenty minutes i find i can tolerate it at around 6. aside from that, it is pointless to keep trying as i feel i cant exhale at 11. so it sits by the bedside. any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. RW

Humdinger1

Post by Humdinger1 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Hello,
I posted the question regarding changing the settings on a remstar pro c-flex + and signed it RW. I didn't realise I had to register as a user. Okay now I am a registerd user and need some help adjusting the pressure on this machine. I KNOW i can feel better during the day if I can get this pressure more to my liking. Thanks for any help. Humdinger1

splach

Post by splach » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:17 am

If you mean the one with a single button and a knob you need to press the button to access the menu. Scroll to setup. On Setup hold down the button and the knob until it beeps and then you can change settings.

Riky

Post by Riky » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:27 am

splach wrote:If you mean the one with a single button and a knob you need to press the button to access the menu. Scroll to setup. On Setup hold down the button and the knob until it beeps and then you can change settings.
I just tried this and to clarify;

With the round button scroll over to "Setup"

Press down on large round knob and ramp button at same time and hold for 3-5 seconds, or until it beeps. It takes a while and this is what screwed me up the first couple of times I tried it. It takes a few seconds, you have to wait for it.

This will give you the menu for adjusting the air pressure. It's easy to figure out once you get to this menu.

superdlee

Post by superdlee » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi,

I am glad that I found this site since I have new CPAP users and I have problems controlling pressure.
I have Phillips/RESPIRONICS REMstar Plus C-Flex.
It is in
http://www.etailmedical.net/buy/Sleep_S ... ith_C-Flex .

Please help me to lower my pressure from 11 cm/H2O to lower pressure.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Wulfman wrote:Then you need these instructions.
I'd suggest copying them to a file on your computer.

Den

REMstar Plus wo/C-Flex Setup

IMPORTANT!
When the device is in the Therapy Setup Menu, the humidifier and ramp buttons operate as up and down keys to change the settings and the pressure on/off button will take you to the next screen.

Therapy Setup Menu
1. Plug the pronged end of the power cord into an electrical outlet. To enter the Therapy Setup Menu hold the ramp and pressure on/off buttons down while plugging the power cord into the device. The airflow will automatically turn ON and the display screen will show the current elevation setting and the unlock symbol.

IMPORTANT!
Prescribed therapy settings can be set only using the Therapy Setup Menu.
To prevent patients from tampering with the settings, the directions to access the Therapy Setup Menu should not be revealed to the patient.

Elevation Setting
a. The elevation setting and symbol will be displayed.
The patient also has access to this setting in the Patient Setup Menu.
Lo = less than 2,500 ft. (<762 m.)
M = 2,500 to 5,000 ft. (762 m. to 1524 m.)
Hi = 5,000 to 7,500 ft. (1525 m. to 2286 m.)

Note: Altitudes of 7,500 ft. (2,286 m.) may affect the accuracy of the pressure. Verify the pressure settings with a water column manometer.

To change the elevation setting, press and release the ramp or humidifier button until the correct setting is displayed.
Press and release the pressure on/off button to go to the next setting.

Pressure Setting
b. The CPAP pressure setting will appear.
To change the setting, press and release the ramp or humidifier button.
Range: 4 to 20 cm H2O (in 1 cm. H2O increments)

Fine Adjustment Setting
c. The CPAP fine adjustment setting will appear. This setting allows you to calibrate the device so that the pressure setting can be verified with a manometer.

If you DO NOT want to calibrate the device, press and release the pressure on/off button to go to the next setting.

If you DO want to calibrate the device, follow the directions below:
1. Connect the patient circuit to the REMstar Plus. Make sure there is an exhalation leak in the circuit.

2. Zero the manometer and connect the manometer at the patient mask. Make sure the pressure has stabilized (let the manometer sit for at least 60 seconds).

3. If the pressure setting is not the same as the manometer reading, press and release the ramp or humidifier button to change the setting.
Range: -0.9 to 0.9 H2O (in 0.1 cm H2O increments)
Press and release the pressure on/off buton to go to the next setting.

Ramp Time Setting
d. The Ramp Time symbol and setting will appear. The patient also has access to this setting in the Patient Setup Menu.
Range: 0 to 45 minutes (in 5 minute increments)
Note: If the ramp time is set to "0" minutes, or if the CPAP pressure setting is 4 cm. H2O, the following ramp setting will not be displayed. Go to Step f.

Ramp Starting Pressure Setting
e. The Ramp Starting Pressure symbol and setting will appear. To change the setting, press and release the ramp or humidifier button.
Range: 4 to Prescription Setting (in 1 cm. H2O increments)

>4 Setting
f. The number of times this device has been used for more than four consecutive hours (>4) will appear. To erase the total and go back to zero, press and release the ramp or humidifier button.
An "X" will appear in the upper left corner and the total will change to "0000". (Pressing the button again will restore the original count)

LED Setting
g. The LED on/off symbol and setting will appear. This setting allows you to have the lights behind the button turned on or off.
The patient also has access to this setting in the Patient Setup Menu.
1 = ON
0 = OFF

Exit Settings
h. To go back to the beginning of the settings, press and release the pressure on/off button.

To exit the Therapy Setup Menu, hold the pressure on/off button down and press the ramp button one time. Release the on/off button. The airflow will turn off.

dtole27

Post by dtole27 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:24 am

Hi wulfman,

i am a first time visitor to this thread after googling how to change the setting of the REMSTAR C-flex resperonics cpap machine. Reading through the thread, my machine is the one with the 5 buttons (legacy series as you would describe it).

I wish to change the setting from 4 to 7cm H2O as my prescription orders. I have another machine 420 goodknight puritan bennett which i have used for years with this setting but recently experienced an err 7 message. while trying to figure this out, I got the remstar cpap from a previous owner but has that setting at 4.

is the procedure below the way to do it? REMstar Plus wo/C-Flex Setup procedure defined ?

thanks wulfman!

DTOLE27

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:31 am

dtole27 wrote:is the procedure below the way to do it? REMstar Plus wo/C-Flex Setup procedure defined ?
Wulfman hasn't posted in a while but the information he gave which is in the post just above yours is indeed the steps to change the pressure on the old Legacy model Remstar Plus w/o CFlex.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

dtole27

Post by dtole27 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks pugsy! will try it. Will feedback if I encounter any problems.

rdp

Post by rdp » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:58 pm

I have a remstar pro2 cflex and I bought it used the pressure settings are way to high I have tried to reset it but it still seems way to high what am I doing wrong or what else can I do please help

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:37 pm

rdp wrote:I have a remstar pro2 cflex and I bought it used the pressure settings are way to high I have tried to reset it but it still seems way to high what am I doing wrong or what else can I do please help
Did you follow the instructions (for the Pro 2) on page 1 of this thread?
Did you set the pressure at a (much) lower setting and it still was blowing too hard?
Are there any error messages on the screen?

If there are error messages (like an E-77 or E-25), it may be a broken (small) hose nipple inside the case near where the hose connects to the outside of the case......and it can't regulate the pressure.
You may have to take it apart to check those hose connections or you could contact http://www.acbio.com to see if they can fix it. Again, if it IS a broken (small) hose nipple the kits to fix it are only a few dollars. Unfortunately, there may be other things wrong with it, too. Those machines are getting quite a few years on them and the internal time clock batteries are wearing out. And, it takes special equipment and software to fix some of that stuff.
Best bet is to contact Accurate Biomed Services, Inc. (acbio.com).

By the way, I purchased a "never used" Pro 2 in 2010 which had the broken hose nipple and E-77 error, so I know what all that pressure feels like. On top of that, it also had a dead time clock battery. I was able to fix mine myself as I have the special cable and software to do it. But, I got some of the outlet port kits from acbio.com to fix it and replaced the battery myself.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

sleepyheader1

Post by sleepyheader1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:57 pm

Wulfmann / RestedGal,

Thanks so much for the info. I'm a new user (and a complete noob) and it wouldn't let me PM you. But you said you could send the [physician?] manual for the RemStar Plus M-series? I believe I have the first one that was linked. Does anyone have this that they could send me? Thanks so much!!!

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:35 pm

Grinngo Viejo wrote:Y'all steered me to the encore software, and I have learned more about what is going on with my therapy in two weeks than I ever would have learned from the resources that are available down here.
Try the completely free SleepyHead software - it is much nicer than the Encore stuff and will tell you much more about how your therapy is going. You can find all the links and info you need at the top of the forum.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:49 pm

sleepyheader1 wrote:Wulfmann / RestedGal,

Thanks so much for the info. I'm a new user (and a complete noob) and it wouldn't let me PM you. But you said you could send the [physician?] manual for the RemStar Plus M-series? I believe I have the first one that was linked. Does anyone have this that they could send me? Thanks so much!!!
I responded to your PM today. If you still need it, I'll need your email address to send it. However, I also noticed you started another thread and got links which should provide you the information, so maybe you don't need it now.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05