Is it OK to post some of my numbers here?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Billmanweh

Is it OK to post some of my numbers here?

Post by Billmanweh » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:57 am

I've had my CPAP for a few months now, but with the help of the forum it's only been in the last two weeks that I've gotten comfortable enough to wear it regularly every night, all night. Along with the other changes I've made, I also am now using the Encore software and card reader to monitor my numbers. I'm just wondering if it's ok to actually post some of the actual numbers and ask for opinions what to try next?

Thanks!

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:12 pm

It sure is okay, BillManweh!! As a matter of fact, while I haven't noticed any in the last few weeks, there have been those who know how to post the images of their results from their software.

For those of us not well-versed in posting images or links to images, many have just typed in their numbers.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Billmanweh

Post by Billmanweh » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Ok, great.

I'm just now looking over the reports and it's a little overwhelming. I'm just not sure what all the numbers mean.

Billmanweh

Post by Billmanweh » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:30 pm

One quick question...

Are there a few numbers that it's best to focus one? That have more importance maybe? I noticed that on my trend report there are probably 25 different numbers to follow.

skjansen

Post by skjansen » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Bill:

Usually we look at AI, AHI, HI, leakage rate and usage.

Hawthorne

Ok to post numbers

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi Billmanweh! I have been wondering how you were getting on since your earlier posts. Seeing you numbers would be great! We can see how you are doing!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

Billmanweh

Re: Ok to post numbers

Post by Billmanweh » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:46 pm

Hawthorne wrote:Hi Billmanweh! I have been wondering how you were getting on since your earlier posts. Seeing you numbers would be great! We can see how you are doing!
Actually, I feel like I'm making a ton of progress. The changes you guys suggested are absolutely helping. Some of the numbers are a little confusing, but I'm sure there's some explanation.

Hawthorne

OK to post numbers here

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:24 pm

That's great to hear! I've been on cpap for almost 6 years. It was just this past February that I got my software, reader and a data capable machine and started monitoring my sleep daily. It is confusing at first and I am certainly still learning! These folks here have been such a big help to me and I am now able to give some advice and share my experiences! I'm certainly still learning though! It can be confusing. There are so many numbers!!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

gasp

Post by gasp » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:06 pm

I posted my numbers for some time for helpful people here to help me interpret. Post away : )

gasp

Post by gasp » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:09 pm

If you are using Encore Pro Analyzer, all you have to do is right click your mouse on the graph and "Save As" in a folder you can find it in.

I use Photobucket.com to upload files to and then copy the IMG line into a post on CPAPtalk.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:37 pm

here's an example of analyzer from photo bucket . if this old fart can do it anyone can Image

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

Billmanweh

Post by Billmanweh » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:56 pm

gasp wrote:If you are using Encore Pro Analyzer, all you have to do is right click your mouse on the graph and "Save As" in a folder you can find it in.

I use Photobucket.com to upload files to and then copy the IMG line into a post on CPAPtalk.
I'm using Encore Pro, but haven't looked into getting the Analyzer software. It sounds like it would be pretty helpful. I converted a couple of my reports into jpg files and posted them here;

My numbers

alnhwrd

Post by alnhwrd » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Bill,

Post away. This a very "numbers friendly" place!

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:54 pm

Look for the Analyzer software here: http://james.istop.com/EncoreProAnalyzer/

It appears to be a free download, but James has a donation page to keep it going.

gasp

Post by gasp » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:03 pm

[quote="deerslayer"]here's an example of analyzer from photo bucket . if this old fart can do it anyone can

Looking at your chart, it seems that something changed around the first part of June producing less events. Do you know what it was? Interesting.