in the head?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
thecpapguy

in the head?

Post by thecpapguy » Thu May 08, 2008 2:29 pm

After reading a lot of the posts on this website I think I have come to the conclusion that a lot of what the people are writing is in their heads. With my understanding of sleep apnea is that it occurs mostly at night, so there is only a need to wear it at night (night while you are walking around). Also, there is no need to monitor your AHI because that is what your insurance paid of when you spent the night at the lab. One last thing, is that why would it be ok to change your own pressure? After talking with my sleep doctor he said that patients are never suppose to change their own pressure. We are suppose to only change it per the doctor's request. If anyone has any thoughts let me know. Thanks.

NeedinZs

Post by NeedinZs » Thu May 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Huhhhh???

Offerocker

Re: in the head?

Post by Offerocker » Thu May 08, 2008 3:39 pm

thecpapguy wrote: We are suppose to only change it per the doctor's request. If anyone has any thoughts let me know. Thanks.
I have just one (1) thought: You have a sleep doctor that sees you regularly? WOW! (sarcasm)

I'm very happy for you. (sincerely)

But honestly, does he 'know' you better than yourself?

One last thought: Neither my 'doc' or dme wants me to be on the 'net' - ooohh-eee Or maybe they're not able to answer some questions!

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Thu May 08, 2008 3:54 pm

Obviously YOU DON"T care about YOUR treatment!!

WE DO CARE about OUR treatment!!!

Of course your doc and DME are going to tell you NOT to change the pressure -- after all they don't want the cash cow to dry up!!!

My doctor admits I now know more than she does about sleep apnea and is very open minded when I talk with her!! Too bad your doctor is NOT as open minded!!

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): DME

Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

sharon1965

Post by sharon1965 » Thu May 08, 2008 4:14 pm

[quote="thecpapguy"]After reading a lot of the posts on this website I think I have come to the conclusion that a lot of what the people are writing is in their heads. With my understanding of sleep apnea is that it occurs mostly at night, so there is only a need to wear it at night (night while you are walking around). Also, there is no need to monitor your AHI because that is what your insurance paid of when you spent the night at the lab. One last thing, is that why would it be ok to change your own pressure? After talking with my sleep doctor he said that patients are never suppose to change their own pressure. We are suppose to only change it per the doctor's request. If anyone has any thoughts let me know. Thanks.

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Thu May 08, 2008 5:00 pm

thecpapguy wrote:there is no need to monitor your AHI because that is what your insurance paid of when you spent the night at the lab. One last thing, is that why would it be ok to change your own pressure? After talking with my sleep doctor he said that patients are never suppose to change their own pressure. We are suppose to only change it per the doctor's request. If anyone has any thoughts let me know. Thanks.
You must have had a better sleep lab and sleep doctor than I had. My lab missed the pressure by 2 cm/h20 and my sleep doctor would not see me to talk about it. Yea, I changed my pressure and without montering my AHI I could not figure out why I did not feel better. You can preach your blind leading the blind technique somewhere else.

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Thu May 08, 2008 5:15 pm

1st, I disagree with the poster and agree with everyone here. But cut the guy some slack! He asked a legitimate question. Maybe he is from that "other" board where you are not allowed to ask certain questions or what you do post gets censored. Seems he is being treated here like the "other" board treats people when they ask how to change pressure. Image

sharon1965

Post by sharon1965 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:40 pm

well hobbs i see your point,
but i think that i, for one, answered his 'legitimate' question with a legitimate answer...
as for his conclusion that a lot of what people are writing about is in our heads (whatever that means ), that kind of comment is sure to get anyone's hackles up, wouldn't you say?

Jere

Post by Jere » Thu May 08, 2008 8:29 pm

thecpapguy wrote:After reading a lot of the posts on this website I think I have come to the conclusion that a lot of what the people are writing is in their heads.
I think this means that we are writing from our collective experience (said experience residing in our heads). If that is what the poster means, then I agree. The whole point of this board is to share our collective experiences. I would have never lasted 2+ years on therapy without the collective wisdom and experience on this board.

As for changing my pressure myself - well. who does not want to live on the wild side
"First rule of holes: when you are in one, stop digging"

bap40

Post by bap40 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:39 pm

All in all, this was a strange post and really doesn't make much sense does it? I have seen that name before and am wondering where? HMMMH
Brooke

zorrro13

Post by zorrro13 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:42 pm

[quote="thecpapguy"]After reading a lot of the posts on this website I think I have come to the conclusion that a lot of what the people are writing is in their heads. With my understanding of sleep apnea is that it occurs mostly at night, so there is only a need to wear it at night (night while you are walking around). Also, there is no need to monitor your AHI because that is what your insurance paid of when you spent the night at the lab. One last thing, is that why would it be ok to change your own pressure? After talking with my sleep doctor he said that patients are never suppose to change their own pressure. We are suppose to only change it per the doctor's request. If anyone has any thoughts let me know. Thanks.

freepostg

Post by freepostg » Thu May 08, 2008 8:59 pm

I wish this forum mandates the need to log in ..in order to post...these one time guest posts are becoming somewhat irritating! imho

TR

Post by TR » Thu May 08, 2008 10:47 pm

please do not feed the trolls.....
If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have luck at all!

ColinP

Post by ColinP » Fri May 09, 2008 1:26 am

TR wrote:please do not feed the trolls.....
Quite!

Thought about replying, thought better of it, and then saw your post which clarified why I didn't feel replying would be productive.