Resmed S8 software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Wed May 07, 2008 1:00 pm

[quote="naustin"]:oops: I now see cpap.com offers the Resmed reader and software for about $200. Is it worth it? Is there other software to massage the data?

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Wed May 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Slinky wrote:I've been known to set my clock back when I've forgotten to check before noon. Just don't forget to reset it correctly after you've downloaded the data.
I leave mine set back all the time. What difference does it make if it is not reset?

naustin

Post by naustin » Wed May 07, 2008 1:35 pm

[quote="Slinky"]Yeah, if you have access to the Clinician's Menu. I've been known to set my clock back when I've forgotten to check before noon. Just don't forget to reset it correctly after you've downloaded the data....

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu May 08, 2008 10:45 am

The Elite and the Vantage, yes, and also the VPAP Auto (the new one in the S8 body), but NOT to my knowledge the Compact. I'm not sure the Compact is even capable of compliance data. I think it is the Escape that is NOT fully data capable but can provide compliance data. (I may have the Escape and the Compact mixed up - but neither is fully data capable).

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu May 08, 2008 10:49 am

Hobbs, I suppose it doesn't really, if you don't care whether the actual hours you went to bed, got up, etc. are correct. I like to have an accurate record of the time I went to bed and got up. Just one of my "quirks".

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Post by Guest » Thu May 08, 2008 11:07 am

On a lighter note Rescan 3.5 is out. The only changes as far as i know is added support for S8 Autoset II and S8 Elite II.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Thu May 08, 2008 12:43 pm

Anonymous wrote:On a lighter note Rescan 3.5 is out. The only changes as far as i know is added support for S8 Autoset II and S8 Elite II.
I have not been able to find a source that has it for sale yet.
I think is also is Vista compatible.

Post by Guest » Thu May 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Yeah hobbs you are correct it IS Vista compat. It has not been released on CD yet, but should be shortly.

bigk

Post by bigk » Thu May 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Anonymous wrote:On a lighter note Rescan 3.5 is out. The only changes as far as i know is added support for S8 Autoset II and S8 Elite II.
3.3 supported those machines - I have the Autoset Spirit II and it's always worked in 3.3

3.5 has some cool new features including quickstart but is also Vista compatible.

I've had it for a few weeks now and it works well.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose

zorrro13

Post by zorrro13 » Thu May 08, 2008 7:32 pm

I have it. Whats quickstart?

bigk

Post by bigk » Thu May 08, 2008 7:34 pm

As soon as you attach a flow generator or a data card it identifies the appropriate patient by the machine serial number and prompts you to download it (1 click) and then goes straight to the review screen.

You might have to set up the patient details to associate the flow generator with the patient though - I don't know. Or else it might just know which patient has that machine.

It's a nice feature.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Activa Nasal Mask
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
Aussie Heated Hose

Post by Guest » Thu May 08, 2008 7:51 pm

So the Spirit is the same as the S8? I'm not too up on the Aussie names for the machines.

bigk

Post by bigk » Thu May 08, 2008 7:56 pm

In Australia, The S8 Autoset Spiri is the name for the US S8 Vantage.

The newer generation, the S8 Autoset Spirit II has no US equivalent.

All the S8 II's are supported by 3.3 of Resscan.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Activa Nasal Mask
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
Aussie Heated Hose

zorrro13

Post by zorrro13 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:18 pm

bigk wrote:As soon as you attach a flow generator or a data card it identifies the appropriate patient by the machine serial number and prompts you to download it (1 click) and then goes straight to the review screen.

You might have to set up the patient details to associate the flow generator with the patient though - I don't know. Or else it might just know which patient has that machine.

It's a nice feature.
Oh that, yes its very user friendly

alnhwrd

Post by alnhwrd » Fri May 09, 2008 2:55 am

I work rotating shifts, so I moved my time forward to accomadate my new shift. When I did, it wiped all the data I had up to that point. Is there a way to change the time without losing the data?