Resmed S8 software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dsm

Post by dsm » Sat May 10, 2008 5:32 pm

[quote="ozij"]Well, the American site does say "new and improved EPR" which the Austrailian site does not....

The guide for the Austrailian Autoset Spirit II says EPR is only avialable in CPAP mode.

The guide for the American Autoset does not mentions this limitation. And this guide is newer - 2008 as opposed to 2007.
O.

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

bigk

Post by bigk » Sun May 11, 2008 12:10 am

ozij wrote:Well, the American site does say "new and improved EPR" which the Austrailian site does not....

The guide for the Austrailian Autoset Spirit II says EPR is only avialable in CPAP mode.

The guide for the American Autoset does not mentions this limitation. And this guide is newer - 2008 as opposed to 2007.
The Australian one only has EPR for CPAP as well.

There is no EPR setting for APAP mode - but you don't NEED IT because of the "Easy Breathe Technology". There is no resistance breathing out with the S8II.

The S8II will be the same in the USA as it is here - the only difference is the NAME.

Last word on the Resscan 3.3 software - I guess I was only imagining that I was downloading my S8II for the last 3 months with the 3.3 software. Oh well. Good thing I actually HAVE the software and the S8II and KNOW what it does from experience rather than some marketting literature.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose

bigk

Post by bigk » Sun May 11, 2008 12:27 am

Interesting actually, the S8II in the US does seem to be different to the Aussie one.

24db not 26db.

The user manual also shows that there are indeed EPR settings in APAP mode.

I wonder if this is specifically to counter the A-flex over there. (A-flex hasn't been released here by respironics).

Looks like it is slightly different to the S8II.

The release notes I got with Resscan 3.5 also say it is the first resscan to support the S8II but that is clearly not so.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Activa Nasal Mask
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
Aussie Heated Hose

bigk

Post by bigk » Sun May 11, 2008 12:31 am

actually, scratch that - the aussie one is 23db not 26. LOL. They must measure it differently...

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Activa Nasal Mask
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
Aussie Heated Hose

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun May 11, 2008 12:34 am

I too thought it was marketing - which is why I looked in the manuals.

If 3.5 will be able to set and change EPR in auto mode, we'll know.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

dsm

Post by dsm » Sun May 11, 2008 1:50 am

[quote="ozij"]I too thought it was marketing - which is why I looked in the manuals.

If 3.5 will be able to set and change EPR in auto mode, we'll know.

O.

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun May 11, 2008 1:58 am

Okay, try this: my new Resmed VPAP Auto is part # 28301 See if that sheds any light on this discussion.

And it says made by Resmed, Bella Vista, Australia, distributed by Resmed, Poway, CA and Resmed, London, England.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Sun May 11, 2008 2:30 pm

[quote="naustin"]:oops: I now see cpap.com offers the Resmed reader and software for about $200. Is it worth it? Is there other software to massage the data?

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

bigk

Post by bigk » Sun May 11, 2008 4:10 pm

It's not much different really to the "Respironics is the only APAP" mantra we hear all the time from the one eyed disciples.

OK Resscan 3.5 which I have lists the Autoset II AMER flow generator. If I select it in the settings menu, there is an EPR option for APAP mode.

You can have it OFF, SETTLING of FULL TIME and the scale if for 0-3

There is no such setting for the Aussie model.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Activa Nasal Mask
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
Aussie Heated Hose

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun May 11, 2008 5:09 pm

Thanks for checking, bigk.
And that means akcpapguy had and gave the right info.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun May 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Awwww, shucks, SnoreDog, you ole fart. I'll let you win this one 'cause on accountta I don't know HOW to post any of the ResScan graphs - or ANY graphs - or ANY pics for that matter. Haven't mastered this scanner yet and so far just using it as a glorified copy machine.

Oh, and those "squiggly" graphs you mentioned?? They can be stretched out in 30 minute stretches or condensed down to a 24 hour stretch which is generally what you see posted here. The only thing that Respironics beats Resmed on is those wonderful Daily Events Per Hour charts!! I do envy the Respironics users those Daily Events Per Hour charts.

Last edited by Slinky on Sun May 11, 2008 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

bigk

Post by bigk » Sun May 11, 2008 5:41 pm

I wonder if there will be a firmware upgrade for the Aussie model to add EPR relief in APAP mode? Not that it seems necessary.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Activa Nasal Mask
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
Aussie Heated Hose

zorrro13

Post by zorrro13 » Sun May 11, 2008 5:55 pm

[quote="bigk"]I wonder if there will be a firmware upgrade for the Aussie model to add EPR relief in APAP mode? Not that it seems necessary.

bigk

Post by bigk » Sun May 11, 2008 6:03 pm

The link is here in this thread.

I actually downloaded the manual. You can find it on the US resmed pages anyway.

EPR is definitely a new setting for the S8II in APAP mode. It does seem to be different to the Aussie model.

I would guess it's a marketting thing seeing as people seem to only understand EPR (a or c flex) and not "easy breathe technology". My guess is that in the US they have to be able to see this setting in the menu for marketting purposes. I am sure it would be the same machine which is why I was wondering if there would maybe be a firmware upgrade.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Activa Nasal Mask
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
Aussie Heated Hose

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun May 11, 2008 6:20 pm

Easy Breathe is the shark shaped wave form. EPR is reducing the pressure - two different things.

http://www.resmed.com/en-us/assets/docu ... sa-eng.pdf

http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/sleep_rep ... -16_05.asp
The Easy-Breathe Pressure Profile

The Easy-Breathe pressure profile was originally developed for ResMed’s advanced VPAP Adapt SV to deliver comfortable therapy for complex sleep disorders. The same comfortable pressure profile is ideal for all CPAP patients because, unlike the traditional square bilevel waveform, Easy-Breathe’s smooth pressure profile recreates a patient’s natural breathing pattern for a more comfortable breath. Like natural breathing, Easy-Breathe fills the lungs gradually, leaving patients relaxed.

The Easy-Breathe Motor

Easy-Breathe features a dual-stage motor that delivers superior performance at half the effort, cutting device noise to less than 25 dB. The advanced Easy-Breathe motor delivers quiet comfort and unprecedented pressure stability.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery