Resmed S8 software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bigk

Post by bigk » Sun May 11, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanks for that Ozi.
I have never understood what all the fuss is about a-flex as I really don't have any resistance with the S8II because of the easy-breathe-technology but they seem to have added it to the US models now which can only be a positive for patients.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose

akcpapguy

Post by akcpapguy » Mon May 12, 2008 8:29 pm

So now that it's all sorted out.

If you are buying the 33129 S8 AutoSet™ II or 33039 S8 Elite™ II you NEED the 3.5 Rescan software to download them.

For me it's not about myself or Bigk being right or Resmed vs Respironics, it's about getting the proper information out to people in an attempt to help them avoid wasting time and save a little frustration. You won't hear from me "See I WAS right!!!" it's a waste of time and the picture is much bigger than akcpapguy's ego world.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): respironics, resmed

bigk

Post by bigk » Mon May 12, 2008 8:32 pm

I still believe that the S8II will work with Resscan 3.3 - mine did. (Resscan 3.3 recognised the S8II without missing a beat even though it wasn't specifically listed) I'd try Resscan 3.3 before buying 3.5 but that's just me.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Activa Nasal Mask
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
Aussie Heated Hose

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Tue May 13, 2008 2:47 am

akcpapguy wrote:If you are buying the 33129 S8 AutoSet™ II or 33039 S8 Elite™ II you NEED the 3.5 Rescan software to download them.
You might need ResScan 3.5 to program them but I will be very surprised if you need anything later than RescScan 3.3 to download data.

No wonder people here are so negative about US DMEs!

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue May 13, 2008 4:26 am

[quote="akcpapguy"]Yes it is nice that we have finally caught up, the FDA can be a PIA sometimes.

However,

After these words from the original email announcing "The official internet release of Rescan 3.5 for use in the Americas" and "Please note that this version of ResScan is the only version to support our new S8 Series II line.".
In an email from this gentleman.

Ken Ravazzolo
Director, Data Management - Americas
ResMed

And 3 calls to Resmed support to confirm with 3 different people that the 33129 S8 AutoSet™ II and 33039 S8 Elite™ II released in the Americas would NOT work with Rescan 3.3 or 3.4.

I still stand by my original statement.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

dsm

Post by dsm » Tue May 13, 2008 4:59 am

I am more than satisfied that Easy Breathe is just an enhancement of EPR where the blower uses a dual-impeller motor (virtually noiseless and highly controllable) and thus can shape the wave form to the shark fin profile rather than the earlier porpoise nose wave form

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

BarryKaraoke

Post by BarryKaraoke » Tue May 13, 2008 6:54 am

ozij wrote:Please note that this version of ResScan is the only version to support our new S8 Series II line.".
Working for a software company as I do, the key word here is "Support". Software companies do not want to support multiple versions of anything. It means double the QA testing, double the support training, etc. 'Not Supported" just means that IF you call with an issue/bug, the first words out of their mouth will be "you need to upgrade". That being said, it could work just fine...just don't call them with support issues.

bigk

Post by bigk » Wed May 14, 2008 5:26 am

The statement that 3.5 is the only version to support the S8II is demonstrably untrue.

This is NOT my theory - I've been using an S8II since December WITH Resscan 3.3 Programmed it with that as well.

As I say, please try it for yourself instead of quoting the marketting blurb.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Activa Nasal Mask
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
Aussie Heated Hose

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed May 14, 2008 5:39 am

bigk, according to your profile own the Australian version of the machine, called "S8 AutoSet Spirit II " on Resmed's Australian site, http://www.resmed.com/en-au/products/fl ... u=products.
The part no. on the Australian Resmde site today is: 33136

ackcpapguy has consistently and carefully pointed out that he is discussing the American version of the machine, called S8 AutoSet™ II on Resmed's American site, http://www.resmed.com/en-us/products/fl ... oductspart no. 33129

Sales blurbs are notorious for not giving precise information. Forum members, on the other hand, do their best to be helpful by giving as mauch info as possible. Could you please tell us the part no. of the machine you used with Rescan 3.3?

O.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): resmed

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

ColinP

Post by ColinP » Wed May 14, 2008 6:13 am

Thanks for those links oz.

I wanted to know if the II does EPR in auto mode, so I looked at the user manuals for each and the answer is yes and no. The Autoset II (US version) does, and the Autoset Spirit II (Australia and the rest of us) doesn't. I suspect that they've added that in since releasing in Australia.

I suspect that the Autoset II will work 100% with ResScan 3.3, except if you are wanting to use ResScan to set EPR on in APAP mode.

Colin

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Wed May 14, 2008 5:26 pm

ozij wrote:Forum members, on the other hand, do their best to be helpful by giving as mauch info as possible.
Some do, some don't.

bigk

Post by bigk » Thu May 15, 2008 8:03 pm

ozij wrote:bigk, according to your profile own the Australian version of the machine, called "S8 AutoSet Spirit II " on Resmed's Australian site, http://www.resmed.com/en-au/products/fl ... u=products.
The part no. on the Australian Resmde site today is: 33136
Ozi, we can keep going round and round on this if you like but it seems a bit pointless.

I obviously have the Australian version.

I also have Resscan 3.3 and Resscan 3.5

The release notes for 3.5 say it is the first version to support S8II's but that is DEMONSTRABLY UNTRUE.

If Americans are silly enough to waste $100 on a new version of software they most probably don't need then good luck to them.

If it was me, I'd be testing the American Version of the Autoset II to see if it worked on 3.3 instead of relying on the posted info which is IDENTICAL to what the release notes say for 3.5 and is UNTRUE!

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Activa Nasal Mask
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
Aussie Heated Hose

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu May 15, 2008 9:11 pm

If it was me, I'd be testing the American Version of the Autoset II to see if it worked on 3.3
That is my point.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery