Resmed S8 software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Post by Guest » Fri May 09, 2008 11:42 am

Like I suspected bigk, you are talking about Aust, I am talking about the US.

I stand by my original statement, Rescan 3.5 is the ONLY software to support the S8 Autoset II, and the S8 Elite II. Note these are new machines just released by Resmed, they are not even listed on our hosts site yet.

The AutoSet II has a technology called Easy-Breath, I haven't checked into it much, but I am assuming that it is along the lines of A-Flex.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Fri May 09, 2008 3:22 pm

[i]Someone sho couldn't bothered to make sure they were logged in[/i] wrote:Like I suspected bigk, you are talking about Aust, I am talking about the US.

I stand by my original statement, Rescan 3.5 is the ONLY software to support the S8 Autoset II, and the S8 Elite II.
To date there has only be one release of any particular version of the AutoScan or ResScan software worldwide, it has not customised for particular markets.

So, talking about the US is meaningless in the context of discussion of what any particular version of AutoScan or ResScan can or can't do.

Cheers,

Bill

Post by Guest » Fri May 09, 2008 3:32 pm

Bill,

I will take your word for only one release of Rescan, I haven't tracked the history of the software myself. The point I was making, and Bigk was contesting was that 3.5 added support for the S8 AutoSet II and S8 Elite II. He said that 3.2 supported ALL of the S8 machines, it does not. The S8 AutoSet II and S8 Elite II were just released in the US, and are not supported by Rescan 3.2.

I was not arguing that there were different versions of Rescan for US and Aus, only that 3.2 did not support the 2 new S8 machines that were just released in the US.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Fri May 09, 2008 3:43 pm

[i]Someone sho couldn't bothered to make sure they were logged in[/i] wrote:He said that 3.2 supported ALL of the S8 machines, it does not.
Bigk said ResScan 3.3..... which does indeed support the S8 II models.

ResScan 3.3 was released at the time the S8 II models were released to the global market in the 3rd quarter of 2007 and it was specifically released to provide software support for them.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri May 09, 2008 3:51 pm

I've been too lazy to get my laptop out which has ResScan 3.3 on it.

However, I DO have ResScan 3.4 on my desktop and ResScan 3.4 is not compatible w/Vista but DOES support the new (to the USA at least) Resmed VPAP Auto which is in the S8 body, uses the Humidaire 3i humidifier AND has the EasyBreathe technology.

AutoScan 5.7 does NOT recognize the Resmed VPAP Auto.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Post by Guest » Fri May 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Sorry about the confusion in the release #'s. So your SURE that 3.3 WILL support the new, just released in the US S8 AutoSet II with Easy-Breath and the S8 Elite II?

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri May 09, 2008 6:23 pm

"I'm" not saying that 'cause on accountta I've not gotten my laptop w/3.3 on it and tried a download from my Resmed VPAP Auto to it.

But I "am" saying that 3.4 "does" support the Resmed VPAP Auto w/EasyBreathe technology.

I have no interest in inflicting Vista onto my 'puter so have had no interest in getting a copy of 3.5.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Fri May 09, 2008 8:38 pm

Slinky wrote:I have no interest in inflicting Vista onto my 'puter so have had no interest in getting a copy of 3.5
ResScan 3.5 works fine on Vista and Windows XP.

Cheers,

Bill

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri May 09, 2008 8:56 pm

Okay, BillBolton, so remind me again of any changes between 3.4 and 3.5 aside from the Vista compatibility, please.

Which do YOU like better? 3.3, 3.4 or 3.5? I assume subtle changes between each?

bigk

Post by bigk » Fri May 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Slinky - 3.3 and 3.5 are virtually identical from the users viewpoint. There is a nice quickstart function described above in this thread.

The S8II in the US is identical to the S8II in Australia - they just call the Autoset Spirit a Vantage in the US.

Resscan 3.3 supports the S8II machines with an obvious exception to the specific VPAP Slinky mentioned.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose

bigk

Post by bigk » Fri May 09, 2008 10:00 pm

Anonymous wrote:I stand by my original statement, Rescan 3.5 is the ONLY software to support the S8 Autoset II, and the S8 Elite II. Note these are new machines just released by Resmed, they are not even listed on our hosts site yet.

The AutoSet II has a technology called Easy-Breath, I haven't checked into it much, but I am assuming that it is along the lines of A-Flex.
The S8II machines have been available everywhere else in the world except the US since Oct 2007. Glad you guys finally caught up with the rest of us.

I do also believe the "Easy Breathe Technology" is Resmed's answer to a-flex. It will be interesting to see what people here think about it when they can compare the two.

The S8 Autoset has NO RESISTANCE to breathing out and I have used it up to 15cmH2O

Resscad 3.3 works with this machine.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose

akcpapguy

Post by akcpapguy » Fri May 09, 2008 11:12 pm

Yes it is nice that we have finally caught up, the FDA can be a PIA sometimes.

However,

After these words from the original email announcing "The official internet release of Rescan 3.5 for use in the Americas" and "Please note that this version of ResScan is the only version to support our new S8 Series II line.".
In an email from this gentleman.

Ken Ravazzolo
Director, Data Management - Americas
ResMed

And 3 calls to Resmed support to confirm with 3 different people that the 33129 S8 AutoSet™ II and 33039 S8 Elite™ II released in the Americas would NOT work with Rescan 3.3 or 3.4.

I still stand by my original statement.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat May 10, 2008 6:14 am

I'll have to get my laptop back from my granddaughter long enough to see if ResScan 3.3 will support my VPAP Auto or not. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

What the hay. Curiosity killed the cat, right? Can't be having that!

ColinP

Post by ColinP » Sat May 10, 2008 10:36 am

I have ResScan 3.4, from the US, and it clearly states that it supports the S8 II.

So from what I can see, bigk, billbolton and slinky have it correct and akcpapguy is wrong. Must be because he is basing his agrument on some management suit and not from the actual software.

Colin

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat May 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Well, the American site does say "new and improved EPR" which the Austrailian site does not....

The guide for the Austrailian Autoset Spirit II says EPR is only avialable in CPAP mode.

The guide for the American Autoset does not mentions this limitation. And this guide is newer - 2008 as opposed to 2007.
O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023