Nasal Pillows Constantly Leaking

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
needsleep49

Post by needsleep49 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:03 am

Welcome Jer! And thank you for the pictures. I am sorry that I did not respond to you sooner. I have been really tired lately because I have been trying everything to keep my liberty nasal pillows from leaking and I have been missing so much sleep. I only got 3 hours one night. I will definately try your suggestion of taping the nasal pillows tonight. I am really glad that worked for you. I hope it will work for me too. I have read so many people having problems with their nasal pillows slipping. They really need to redesign those things and maybe have a anti slip surface or shorten them.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Jer, thanks for posting the pictures. You're a good Lab Rat! That fix earned you this:

And a place on the Lab Rat awards page under FF mask fixes:

LINKS to Lab Rat Trophy awards
viewtopic.php?t=15104

Good job!

cindjo717

Re: Nasal Pillows Constantly Leaking

Post by cindjo717 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:45 pm

I know this is an old thread but I think tonight I will try the tape. Maybe it's leaking from the pillows and I just don't know it? I wonder how I can make the stocking tighten up my mask so that it won't leak via the sides when I side sleep? I saw that was a fix that looked interesting.. Will try and pick up some velcro when I go out in a bit.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Nasal Pillows Constantly Leaking

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:41 pm

I found that a touch of Lansinoh (nipple lube) made my pillows stick to my nares well enough to get some sleep.
I just put a teensy bit on my pinky and wiped it around the edge of my nostrils.
Still had a bit on my finger, so I rubbed it into a wrinkle.