warrant on machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:51 pm

I've personally seen posts on this forum where users have reported that the manufacturer has completely replaced their machine that was out of warranty.

There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to these situations.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:24 pm

I well remember that, Jules. When I first decided to get an Auto, the "tank" is what I wanted, or thought I did. I called cpap.com to inquire about getting a "tank" and asked when they thought their price would drop on the "tank". I was told that when some things go out of production the price actually or often goes up rather than down. I didn't like that answer and could see the handwriting on the wall. I bought a brand new "tank", complete, on yahooauctions for $450, shipping included. Many were "dumping" the brand new but out-dated "tanks" on the auctions. I didn't and don't like being critical of our hosts when I get so much help and support from this forum they so graciously host. BUT my feeling was that they contributed greatly to the popularity of the "tank" (which completely deserved that popularity) and felt that they were taking advantage of the situation. Good business practice, of course, but not what I wanted and was disappointed to hear.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

jules

Post by jules » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:46 pm

viewtopic.php?p=247486#247486

This thread wasn't that long ago . I had been watching the tank inventory and prices at cpap.com and all of a sudden the tank APAP went up.

However back to the question of the OP, the 2 year warranty started long before their 13 month rental was up and by the time the 13 month rental is over, who knows how many months remain but not 24.

Yes, Wulfman, we do see cases where Respironics does fix things out of warranty.