Results: PurSleep Trial Offer-Mask Off issues

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jsmythe

Results: PurSleep Trial Offer-Mask Off issues

Post by jsmythe » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:21 am

After using PurSleep for the last 6 day, not only do I love it, I have kept my mask on every night. And fell asleep so much easier. It kept my mind off the mask and the machine. It seemed to help me not notice the plastic or the sound of the mask. Also, I did not wake up during the night like before. Usually only one time if that. Thank you so much Bret, I really do appreciate the opportunity to try your product. I will definitely be back for more.
I liked the Spice fragrance the best, but the Peace seemed to help me fall asleep much faster. The Clear gave me a cozy feeling, and reminded me of Christmas...

Last edited by jsmythe on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyce

Started using cpap Sept. 12, 2007
Respironics PR System One Bi-Pap Auto w/Flex,pressure of 9/15, do not use ramp

FirstTimer

PurSleep Trail Offer

Post by FirstTimer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:19 am

I just wanted to say Thank You for the wonderful product called PurSleep.
I have been using it since last Thursday night. I have enjoy the sleep that I have recieved. I sleep better than be for. I am more restful in the mornigs.
Thank You again.

bap40

Post by bap40 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:56 am

I also thank you for the chance to try your products. The results are wonderful and it is so nice to be able to fall asleep with wonderful scents swirling around. I will be ordering some more fragrances in the future.

Thanks so much,
Brooke
Brooke

HelpMeBreath

Post by HelpMeBreath » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:41 am

When I do a Google search for PurSleep I see some very negative things, about FDA and health approval, question of safety, and the product being pulled, is this information no longer relevant?

** Edit **.. I see it had something to do with an inline diffuser. I am looking for the exact ingredients to see what I would be inhaling.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 am

Joyce, try mixing Spice and Peace. It's a little counterintuitive, but I really like it! It's my new fav blend.

Cheers,
Barbara

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:24 am

HelpMeBreath wrote:When I do a Google search for PurSleep I see some very negative things, about FDA and health approval, question of safety, and the product being pulled, is this information no longer relevant?

** Edit **.. I see it had something to do with an inline diffuser. I am looking for the exact ingredients to see what I would be inhaling.
This is obsolete info. The product has been radically re-designed. There is no possible particulate matter you would be inhaling - just the aroma.

You can get the best current info from: pur-sleep.com

Cheers,
Babette

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:46 am

HelpMeBreath wrote:When I do a Google search for PurSleep I see some very negative things, about FDA and health approval, question of safety, and the product being pulled, is this information no longer relevant?

The controversy focused on the original in-line diffuser that has been replaced with a passive diffusion method that scents the air as it's being drawn into the equipment. Nothing attaches to the equipment etc. Cpap.com has been carrying the new line of products since June of 2007.

As for safety concerns, the instructions say to use one to three drops of essential oils. All of the essential oils selected for use (except for the eucalyptus oil in the new product Calm) have been approved for human ingestion by the FDA (such as in food, like peppermint oil in Wrigleys gum). This is NOT to say that the oils should be or are to be ingested but that if they are safe for ingestion they should be safe for inhalation, as ingestion presents higher risks than inhalation. Smelling eucalyptus is widely accepted as being safe even though it is not approved as a food supplement. But in any event we're talking about extremely small amounts of natural aromatics.

There is a great deal of misinformation about essential oils on the internet, both good and bad. The best source I've seen for legitimate information on essential oil safety is http://www.naha.org/safety.htm

PurSleep is also going to be adding a line of synthetic fragrances. These are all cosmetic grade fragrances that meet FDA standards for use in cosmetics (direct dermal contact as in lip gloss). This is NOT to say that they should be ingested or applied to the skin! They are for aromatic use and if they are safe for dermal application in cosmetics they should be equally safe for aromatic use.

Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

BarryKaraoke

Post by BarryKaraoke » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:40 pm

SleepGuy wrote:The controversy focused on the original in-line diffuser that has been replaced with a passive diffusion method that scents the air as it's being drawn into the equipment.
Why not just buy essential oils from one of the thousands of aromatherapy vendors on the net for half the price and place a few drops in a small jar with gauze near your CPAP inlet?

Whats the magic dust that costs $29.99?

hobbs

Sorry, I could not resist . . .

Post by hobbs » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:15 pm

BarryKaraoke wrote: Whats the magic dust that costs $29.99?
I have good results putting these near the air intake.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:09 pm

It's the magic crystals.

I've spent quite a bit on research and development to come to a diffusion platform and product line that work and people enjoy.

I'd recommend that you spend time researching legitimate websites that discuss essential oil safety as well. There' a lot of folklore about essential oils (positive and negative) on the internet--it's pretty much like modern snake oil for many vendors--magic. For example, YoungLiving claims that a few drops of certain EOs on your FEET will outright CURE sleep apnea. Just think how much an enterprising individual could charge for THAT! A magic sleep apnea cure.... Also, having screened dozens of suppliers I can say that there is a vast difference in quality from source to source, something you wouldn't know without comparing multiple suppliers.
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

jsmythe

Post by jsmythe » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:17 pm

SleepGuy,
I apologize for the negative replys to this thread. I started the topic so that all the trial users could post their replys and opinions together in one thread and make it easier for everyone to read. This is such a wonderful product, it deserves attention. And the best way is hearing from actual users who have already done their homework and know about your product.

Started using cpap Sept. 12, 2007
Respironics PR System One Bi-Pap Auto w/Flex,pressure of 9/15, do not use ramp

jrfoster

Post by jrfoster » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:59 pm

I have been a Pur-Sleep user ever since day one! In the midst of a terrible bout with insomnia, I discovered that the essential oil therapy that Pur-Sleep offers, provided me with a means of getting to sleep! What a life safer!

I continue to use Pur-Sleep simply for the wonderful results I get. I personally like Clear, but also Spice, Deep, and the new upcoming fragrance of Vanilla! Peace also works for me along with Creame. I mix and match til I find a new way to enjoy the experience.

I thank SleepGuy for the hard work, perseverance, and care that he puts into the product! The product is great and the customer service is excellent.

Try it, you will like it!

Jeff

RipVW

Post by RipVW » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:54 pm

LOVE my pur-sleep! And, it seems that many CPAP users do as well. But, like everything else we try to improve our therapy, it all comes down to personal preferences, whether it be masks, machines, APAP v. CPAP, heated v. passive humidification . . .

Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com

larbabe

Migraines

Post by larbabe » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi,
I'm brand new to all this. Last night was my first night on CPAP. I'm intrigued by the aromatherapy aspect, but many EO's and other scents trigger my migraines. Are there any guidelines or suggestions for Pur-sleep?

BarryKaraoke

Post by BarryKaraoke » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:49 am

jsmythe wrote:SleepGuy,
I apologize for the negative replys to this thread. I started the topic so that all the trial users could post their replys and opinions together in one thread and make it easier for everyone to read.
SleepGuy.

I apologize for asking about the differnce between your essential oils and the other readily available special oils.

Sorry if I spoiled the love-fest.