ResScan for Vista

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
hobbs

Post by hobbs » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:15 pm

BarryKaraoke wrote:. . . will they give it to you free? Or are you expected to pay the entire amount again?
ImageImageImage
Thanx I needed a laugh!

BarryKaraoke

Post by BarryKaraoke » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:50 pm

hobbs wrote:
BarryKaraoke wrote:. . . will they give it to you free? Or are you expected to pay the entire amount again?
ImageImageImage
Thanx I needed a laugh!
Well, thats what I figured. I was hoping they were like MOST software companies that provided patches, hotfixes, etc for bugs & minor revisions (ie: 3.3 -> 3.4). Even Quicken patches there software once or twice a year to take care of bugs that pop up.

In the "private" area of the ResMed website...is there at least a place for drivers, support, etc? (not that I would ever gain access.... )

bigk

Post by bigk » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:05 pm

I was told by Resmed in Sydney it would be a free upgrade.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:34 pm

But in the USA the ResScan software is intended for professional (business) use only - meaning those of us NOT DME suppliers or sleep professionals are not eligible for a free upgrade.

And DSM or BillBolton - when you next talk to Resmed can you ask them if this EasyBreathe technology used in the Resmed VPAP Auto is "new" technology or just a new name for the technology that's been in use for some time?

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

ozij

A more reliable source connecting the old Spirit and Vantage

Post by ozij » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:10 am

dsm wrote: Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:35 am
I phoned them today to ask for their input on if the A10 algorithm used in the late 1990s (the Autoset-T) is still in use unaltered on the new Vantage II S8 just released.

Whenever I see the comments on the A10 algorithm, I can never find a reliable trace back to a source that doesn't refer to the old Autoset-T & the now obsolete S7 Spirit.

Tech support haven't got back to me yet - but if you ever get the chance to speak to them can you too ask about this - if they (as I believe they will) say that the software has evolved (as it has with other brands) can you get them to supply the details in an email.

If I get the info first I'll post it here.

Cheers

DSM
On April 6 2008 I coincidentally ran into the following, from Sept. 2005.

viewtopic.php?p=37380#37380
WillSucceed wrote:Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:35 pm Post subject: ResMed S8 Vantage EPR

I called ResMed to see if they could give me some information regarding this new device but, as it is not yet launched, their answer was "nyet."

Specifically, I wanted to know:
1) Is the algorithm running this machine is the same as that which runs the Spirit?
2) Can the Expiratory Pressure Relief be disabled if the user finds it to be unhelpful?
3) Can the machine can be set to function in straight CPAP mode if desired?
4) Does the machine record/provide data for software analysis?
Two days later a reply was received:
viewtopic.php?p=37575#37575
dsm wrote:Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:55 am Post subject: ResMed replys

Following answers came to me from ResMed Worldwide HQ in Sydney.

I would be most grateful if someone could answer these particular questions
for me ...

1) Is the algorithm running this machine is the same as that which runs the
Spirit?

>>Same. It's the hardware only that is different.<<

2) Does the S8 offer a feature called Expiratory Pressure Relief ?

>>YES<<

3) If yes, can the Expiratory Pressure Relief be disabled if the user finds
it to be unhelpful?

>>YES, ERP is only available in CPAP mode and can be disabled if not required.<<

4) Can the S8 Autoset machine can be set to function in straight CPAP mode
if desired?

>>YES<<

5) Does the S8 Autoset machine record/provide data for software analysis?
(I have seen that the S8s can use a datacard that appears slightly larger
than a memstick, what information is put on the datacard & can I buy that software and the required reader to analyse the data)

>>YES, up to 180 sessions of usage, pressure, leak and events data as well as 5 nights of detailed data (Night Profile). The software and datacard already can be purchased from ResMed.<<

Cheers

DSM

UPDATE# corrected typo in ans to Q5 (typo was in the reply as sent)

The Vantage runs the same algorithm as the Spirit, the Spirit ran the same algorithm as the Autoset T. Ergo: The A10 algorithm used in the late 1990s (the Autoset-T) is still in use unaltered on the Vantage version that was released in 2005.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

BarryKaraoke

Post by BarryKaraoke » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:14 pm

Has anyone seen ResScan 3.4 yet?

Does it offer any additional functionality? Or is it basically a Vista compatible version of 3.3?

bigk

Post by bigk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:24 pm

3.4 only went to some dealers I believe and is not Vista compatible - I know Slinky got a copy of it a month or longer ago.

The new Vista compatible version, v4 has just been released according to Bill Bolton. I'm going to phone Resmed today and ask about it.

Resmed H3i Humidifier
Swift FX
Mirage Swift LT Nasal Pillows
Activa Nasal Mask
Resscan Software with USB + Data Card
SPO 7500 Pulse-Ox
MedicMon Blood Pressure Monitor
Aussie Heated Hose

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:38 pm

So far I am preferring AutoScan 5.7 to ResScan 3.4. But then I HATE learning new software so that's not exactly a fair "review" of ResScan 3.4. It appears to be much like 3.3 BUT 3.3 won't support my new Resmed VPAP Auto.

Mostly I don't like that 3.4 can't (so far as I've been able to determine going thru the manual) export a file. AutoScan 5.7 could. I'll have to get my laptop out to see if ResScan 3.3 could. I never tried it in 3.3. And altho ResScan 3.4 is "supposed" to be able to import files of data from AutoScan 5.7 I've not had any success doing so in 4 tries despite following the Manual to the letter. Unless it is just a matter of my not being able to find the imported file in 3.4.

I still haven't tried ResLink w/either my Elite, Vantage or VPAP. And since I'll be going out of town next week for a few days don't intend to try ResLink just yet. I just wish that these *^@$ bi-level weren't so darn expensive. It was sooooo nice having a backup CPAP to just walk out the door with and a CPAP waiting "ready to roll" when I got home.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Slinky wrote:Mostly I don't like that 3.4 can't (so far as I've been able to determine going thru the manual) export a file. AutoScan 5.7 could. I'll have to get my laptop out to see if ResScan 3.3 could.
None of the Rescan versions up to and incuding 3.4 had any structured data export capability. It remains to be seen if 4.0 has any file export.

Cheers,

Bill

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Well, true, Bill .. BUT ... you could export via the .csv option to Excel and use Excel to format a good looking report.

And I had one person tell me that Excel was capable of even making the graphs if you were experienced w/it and wanted to devote the time to doing so.

I wonder if the Vista version is going to work w/Win XP, etc.?