UPDATE: Successful Surgery, Home Now- GOD IS GOOD

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleeping With The Enemy

UPDATE: Successful Surgery, Home Now- GOD IS GOOD

Post by Sleeping With The Enemy » Sun May 15, 2005 8:44 pm

I just want to thank all of you on this forum for your thoughts and prayers. I have come through this surgery with flying colors only by the Grace of our Heavenly Father.

My surgery didn't last as long as they thought it would and I was walking that night.

I got out of ICU Saturday morning about 10 a.m., and my husband picked me up to go home Sunday around 12:00 p.m., we went to TimberLodge and had prime rib and I back home and it feels pretty good.

I wore my CPAP/Activa during recovery after the surgery and every night and every nap since. I have been sleeping a lot, which is good for me but I was never a napper so its kind of depressing, but I will get better/stronger each day.

Keep me in your prayers as I recover and get stronger and more able to do things on my own. My husband has arranged for someone to care for our children at all times, so I do not have to during my recovery.

Thank you everyone!

Love,

Heidi

neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Sun May 15, 2005 8:49 pm

GOD IS VERY, VERY GOOD!!! And the surgeons weren't too bad either!!

So glad to hear things went well. This entire forum is breathing a collective sigh of relief!!

mommaw

Post by mommaw » Sun May 15, 2005 8:49 pm

Heidi,

It is so good to hear from you. Prayers were answered. Just take it easy and achieve a full recovery. Remember, if you need a shoulder to lean on, your forum friends are always here for you.

Gilda

chrisp

Post by chrisp » Sun May 15, 2005 9:04 pm

Praise the Lord. God Bless. AMEN

MoSleep

Post by MoSleep » Sun May 15, 2005 9:06 pm

WONDERFUL, good to see you back. Sounds as if the surgery went well.

unclebob

Post by unclebob » Sun May 15, 2005 9:10 pm

Hi Heidi

Have had you in my thoughts since learning about your ordeal. I do pray your recovery is every bit as good as the successful surgery.

Are you now going to be faced with the incessant itch of healing incisions?
Do the mask straps bother you?

Now that you're home with all this free time on your hands, be sure to keep us up to date.

Good to have you back!

Bob F
unclebob

gailzee

Re: UPDATE: Successful Surgery, Home Now- GOD IS GOOD

Post by gailzee » Sun May 15, 2005 9:17 pm

Heidi:
I am very very pleased that you came thru your surgery so well, and sound so upbeat and in good form. Our prayers are still heading your way for a full and complete recovery. GOD is very good!

Thank God you are allright!
Sleeping With The Enemy wrote:I just want to thank all of you on this forum for your thoughts and prayers. I have come through this surgery with flying colors only by the Grace of our Heavenly Father.

My surgery didn't last as long as they thought it would and I was walking that night.

I got out of ICU Saturday morning about 10 a.m., and my husband picked me up to go home Sunday around 12:00 p.m., we went to TimberLodge and had prime rib and I back home and it feels pretty good.

I wore my CPAP/Activa during recovery after the surgery and every night and every nap since. I have been sleeping a lot, which is good for me but I was never a napper so its kind of depressing, but I will get better/stronger each day.

Keep me in your prayers as I recover and get stronger and more able to do things on my own. My husband has arranged for someone to care for our children at all times, so I do not have to during my recovery.

Thank you everyone!

Love,

Heidi

luckylinda

Post by luckylinda » Sun May 15, 2005 9:55 pm

Wow, Heidi, was I ever suprised and very happy to read your post! I don't think that many of us could be back on the forum so quickly after brain surgery, but I'm certainly glad that you did.

Remember to be good to yourself. Listen to your body. Don't be discouraged if you need to nap more than usual. You have just been through a traumatic event both physically and emotionally. Take all the time your body needs to heal.

I am so excited and relieved for you. May God continue to bless you and send you complete recovery.
Lucky Linda

glassgal

Post by glassgal » Sun May 15, 2005 10:09 pm

Hi Heidi,

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you are on the mend. Do be kind to yourself and don't rush the recovery -- I know that it is hard to be a mom & not be doing the mom thing, but I have discovered that mom's take care of everyone but themselves usually. You need to take the time that you need to take care of you!

Best of luck to you in your recovery!
Sleep well,

Jane

PB 420e -- 10-17 cm/H2O
heated humidifier
NasalAireII
Aura that I have deconstructed & am making a
new headgear for.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sun May 15, 2005 11:26 pm

Heidi, it's wonderful to see you back...and so quickly following surgery. Excellent!

tomjax

surgery

Post by tomjax » Mon May 16, 2005 6:02 am

Glad to have you back. Let us know the DX from pathology and prognosis.

Your posting also tells me that all craniotomies are not equal. I guess all the surgery was not invasive to the brain itself, at least to the extent my wifes was for her aneurism.

We are very playful and kidding, but following her surgery, she would not react in any way to something that would normally be funny. She just stared. She could not make any logical connections to anything.

Some weeks later, I suggested she write an e-mail just for practice and to help her. She sat down at the keyboard and was unable to even start one.

I was beginning to worry and called the docs office, and they explained her recovery.
Sure enough, one evening at about 4 weeks postop, she suddenly started making a bit of sense, and the next morning she was suddenly back to normal. They said it would be sudden and dramatic and it was.
You are fortunate to not go thru all this.
keep us posted.

UKnowWhatInSeattle

Post by UKnowWhatInSeattle » Mon May 16, 2005 10:31 am

Heidi,
I have had you in my thoughts... Very happy to hear that things went well! The entire forum's AHI skyrocketed while we waited to hear the outcome.

All the best with your recovery.

Jim

BuffaloAl

Post by BuffaloAl » Mon May 16, 2005 12:01 pm

We've all been pulling for you. Glad to hear everything went well. I am surprised to find that you are home already. The doctors can do amazing things, but the insurance companies are IMO fascists.

Howkoolguy

Heidi

Post by Howkoolguy » Mon May 16, 2005 1:18 pm

Heidi

It was so good to read your post. I am glad all went well. Could it be the brightness this morning that I thought was the sun shining was really your excitement that the surgery went well? Anyway, congrats and good luck.

Howard
Hoping someday my kids will call me "Howard the Rested" instead of "Howard the Grumpy"

SleepTalker

fantastic!

Post by SleepTalker » Mon May 16, 2005 1:43 pm

fantastic! I am so glad. I will continue to pray,
Sleep Talker
ST - Respironics REMstar Auto w/C-Flex, 7-11, heated humidifier, still searching for a mask that works.