Sleepguy has done it again!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepycarol

Sleepguy has done it again!!!

Post by sleepycarol » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:22 pm

I received my trial package of the new scents that sleepguy is trying and boy do they smell good!!!

I received them today and so haven't used them yet, but couldn't wait and opened a couple of the bottles up to smell -- the chocolate smells heavenly!! I also opened calm up and it smells great as well!!

Will keep everyone posted as I use the scents!!

THANKS sleepguy!!!!
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:37 pm

I slept with the vanilla last night I it worked great, however, I did wake up a little hungry this morning...LOL.

Flippagate

Post by Flippagate » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:54 pm

I also tried the vanilla and found it to be very pleasant. Looking forward to trying the others.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:13 pm

Good to hear. A primary purpose of this trial is to help me figure out which six new fragrances to start with for the new AirCandy line (high-quality synthetic fragrances of common types that anyone would recognize / enjoy). I also want to work the AirCandy line into pediatric cpap use (my kids love most of the fragrances).

So as long as we're talking about this I'd be very interested to know which six I should use for the first round of AirCandy. I need to decide that so I can get the labels done and get everything set up to have product next month (hopefully). The eucalyptus is a given (Calm). That will be the 10th essential oil type and is very good.....

My current list for AirCandy includes

1. Black Cherry
2. BananaBerry (probably re-labeled as BubbleGum)
3. Strawberry
4. Vanilla

I am not sure about 5 and 6. The chocolate I found is surprisingly good (all of the other "chocolate" fragrances I tested were quite bad, actually). The Peach is quite good, too.

So let me know what you think!

Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:22 pm

Hey, I'm all in favor of stuff aimed at kids, and anything that will help anyone use their cpap more effectively.

But me? I DO NOT WANT TO SMELL FOOD SCENTS ALL NIGHT LONG!

Like I don't have enough problems with the blasted pie-scented candles all my coworkers burn here at work...

No wonder I'm hungry all the time!!!!

LOL,
Babs

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:22 pm

When can I order the Calm? I love the scent of eucalyptus oil!! It is so much better at calming me than lavender and you can't beat it if you have a cold.

I like the scent of clear, but the calm beats hands down!! I keep going to the bottle to get a sniff and I haven't even used it while my cpap is going as I just got the scents today!!

Can't wait for this one!!!!

Can you tell I am like a kid with a new toy?

I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

jsmythe

Post by jsmythe » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:57 pm

I loved the idea that someone posted on here to mix the Vanilla and the Citrus together, was said that it smells like a Dreamsicle ice cream bar....yummy...

Started using cpap Sept. 12, 2007
Respironics PR System One Bi-Pap Auto w/Flex,pressure of 9/15, do not use ramp

BigGayBert

Strawberry!

Post by BigGayBert » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Strawberry is awesome! I used it last night and it still smells great in my bedroom! It's a whole lot different from the regular Pur-Sleep oils, and it will be nice to have in my Pur-Sleep rotation.

I'm sure that any kid would go absolutely nuts over this stuff! The big kid in me loves it!

Thanks, SleepGuy!

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:17 pm

jsmythe wrote:I loved the idea that someone posted on here to mix the Vanilla and the Citrus together, was said that it smells like a Dreamsicle ice cream bar....yummy...
I really like doing this--it's very good. You can mix a drop of either the Creme (real vanilla) or the artifical vanilla (under trial) with just about anything -

+Clear=Mint Cream
+Spice=Orange Cream
+Fresh=Orange/Tangerine Cream
+Strawberry=Strawberry Cream
etc. etc.

A little variety goes a long way. Bert, the kid in me is having all kinds of fun with this stuff. Speaking of kids, I feel a lot of sympathy for the little guys who have apnea - they have a really hard time tolerating cpap therapy and I know this stuff will help. Any thoughts about how I might be able to do some trials or otherwise connect with pediatric cpap circles would be much appreciated.

Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.

GrizzlyBear

Post by GrizzlyBear » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Hiya, Folks.

While I have stopped posting for the time being, for my mental health, I have still tried to keep up with all that my apnea forum friends are up to. I couldn't resist, after reading sleepycarol's post above. Us Aussie GrizzlyBears especially like to go to sleep with the smell of eucalyptus, after all, it's the only thing we'll eat.

And, to add poignancy to the thought, today is Australia Day (with apologies to any black Aussies tuned in, as it actually celebrates the arrival of the first intentionally permanent white settlement in Australia).

So, go for the eucalyptus, guys - and if, by any odd coincidence, the US (Californian) male nurse I picked up as a hitch-hiker in Switzerland in 1977 (Reggie, I think) is tuned in, eucalypts (which we call 'gumtrees') are primarily native to Australia, not California. Although I understand that at least until recently we imported most of our eucalyptus oil from Indonesia.

Regards,

GrizzlyBear
Peace, by Thich Nhat Hanh

...I am alive, can still breathe the fragrance of roses and dung,
eat, pray, and sleep....

GrizzlyBear

Post by GrizzlyBear » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:40 pm

Whoops, I just noticed the time differential - it's not Aussie Day until January 26 - but you all knew that didn't you? Huh? Just as we all know that July 4 is the US national day?

Regards,

GrizzlyBear
Peace, by Thich Nhat Hanh

...I am alive, can still breathe the fragrance of roses and dung,
eat, pray, and sleep....

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 am

I didn't know that eucalyptus grew anyplace but in Australia!!! I know that it is part of the koala's diet. Maybe I was a koala in another lifetime.

I have learned something today -- thanks Grizzly!!

Last night I was sorely tempted to use the Calm as I love the scent -- but I already know that!!! So in order to give the other scents a fair chance I used the chocolate/vanilla combination!!! Dreamed I was in a chocolate factory!! No joke!! It was a great combination!! Now I will have to try them separately.

I hope sleepguy knows this is going to take a few days to get a fair assessment of which oils we like the best!

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:53 am

sleepycarol wrote:I didn't know that eucalyptus grew anyplace but in Australia!!! I know that it is part of the koala's diet. Maybe I was a koala in another lifetime.

I have learned something today -- thanks Grizzly!!
Grows in Israel too - it was brought here from Australia in the mid 19th century. It loves lots of water, and was used to dry swamps to fight malaria here.

When I was a kid my grandmother had us collecting Eucalyptus bark from the yard so she could use it for her hot water boiler. I loved the smell.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Flippagate

Post by Flippagate » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:34 am

Used the chocolate last night. Excellent. It is really nice to have some different aromas.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Looks like chocolate is garnering some fans--maybe even enough to slip into the open No. 5 slot . . . .

Of course I realize that it will take a while to work your way through the samples. Don't rush. Let's have some fun with this.

Also, eucalyptus is native to Australia but has since been taken to suitable places, like Southern California. I didn't know it was grown in Israel. Are there any koala bears there? Are those guys as soft and cuddly in real life as they seem on tv?

Thanks to all!