Still waking up 4 or 5 times a night.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rested gal

Re: nocturia tapered for me

Post by rested gal » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:41 pm

Captain_Midnight wrote:Ditto to what Den said about waking up just to roll over. No big deals there.
Same here. Several wakeups every night to turn over. Able to go right back to sleep.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

norma

Not such great sleep

Post by norma » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:46 am

I have been using my CPAP for 2 months now. I am averaging about 4-5 hours a night sleep. I need 8 hour sleep.. The CPAP is driving me crazy. It keeps taking a leak and waking me up. By the time I have it settled again, I am wide awake. I am using a pillow type for my breathing and it is set at 7. I tried the mask but I am so claustraphobic (SP) that I couldn't use it. At 3:45 this morning I finally took the darn thing off and read. I am really tired these days and no, I don't feel I've rested after only 4-5 hours sleep.

What I do know is that I will call the company I bought the CPAP from and find some answers.

Wulfman

Re: Not such great sleep

Post by Wulfman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:54 am

norma wrote:I have been using my CPAP for 2 months now. I am averaging about 4-5 hours a night sleep. I need 8 hour sleep.. The CPAP is driving me crazy. It keeps taking a leak and waking me up. By the time I have it settled again, I am wide awake. I am using a pillow type for my breathing and it is set at 7. I tried the mask but I am so claustraphobic (SP) that I couldn't use it. At 3:45 this morning I finally took the darn thing off and read. I am really tired these days and no, I don't feel I've rested after only 4-5 hours sleep.

What I do know is that I will call the company I bought the CPAP from and find some answers.
Do you have a machine that collects nightly statistics?

When I started out, there were many nights I wasn't getting much more than 4 - 5 hours per night, either......I gradually built that up. Part of it was determined by "bladder capacity". It can take quite awhile for some/many to get this therapy working. For most, it's getting the right mask. If you aren't using a full face mask, are you POSITIVE that you're not leaking therapy air out your mouth? That will negate the therapy and leave you feeling like crap.....and the mouth leaks can wake you up.

Please register on the forum and list all of your equipment and other particulars.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

fehler

Post by fehler » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:45 am

Hay everyone well now things are worse I fall asleep very quickly but then wake up two hours later and cant get back to sleep, tried Pure Sleep didn’t work having a very bad time.

Frank

boynedoc

Post by boynedoc » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:24 am

Frank,

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time. All I can say is that it may be related to the continued recovery from stopping smoking? Its difficult to say, and its painful to go through but it will be worth it in the long run to be successful in both not smoking and CPAP. I'm pulling for you and am certain the other fine people here on this board are as well.