Is Cpap linked with hair loss?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Mon May 16, 2005 9:07 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe BuffaloAl just called me a cow....

BuffaloAl

Post by BuffaloAl » Mon May 16, 2005 9:14 am

Just hold on Neversleeps, I was afraid you might take that the wrong way. I was just speaking Canadian so that Unclebob would understand me. In Canadian a heifer is a girl. Just like how here in the USA I might call you a babe, but in Canada they would think I was calling you a baby.

neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Mon May 16, 2005 9:55 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe BuffaloAl just called me a baby cow.....

BuffaloAl

Post by BuffaloAl » Mon May 16, 2005 12:13 pm

In " English " a heifer is a baby cow. But in Canada they speak a subdialect called Canadian, in which they believe that heifers are girls.

Montreal even calls their hockey team "The Montreal Canadiennes" rather than the "Canadiens". The extra "ne" in "Canadiennes" means that they are females. Males would be called "Canadiens".
No wonder they are confused!

Hugh Jass

Post by Hugh Jass » Mon May 16, 2005 1:11 pm

Just like how here in the USA I might call you a babe, but in Canada they would think I was calling you a baby.
Maybe a Canadian redneck (if there is such a thing..) would think you're talking about a baby, but speaking on behalf of Canadian males, we know what a babe is...

I'm interested in your theory on a Canadian "subdialect". We speak the same English as Americans, with the exception of some words which may have a French influence.

You're right about the extra "ne" but now your talking about a completely differant language..French.

French in not a Canadian dialect, but rather a seperate language, spoken primarily in the province of Quebec (about 90% French).

I've lived in Canada all my life, and I've never referred to, nor heard of a girl being referred to as a heifer.

I know if I were to call my wife a beautiful heifer, I'd be sleeping on the floor tonight....

Regards
Trying is the first step towards failure.

neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Mon May 16, 2005 1:16 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe BuffaloAl just called me a male Canadian hockey player....

BuffaloAl

Post by BuffaloAl » Mon May 16, 2005 1:21 pm

Easy Hugh Jass,

I'm just having fun with Unclebob, don't want to start a war with the Quebecois too. Have you always lived in Quebec? Ontario is only place I have ever heard heifer = girl.

IWannaSleep

Post by IWannaSleep » Mon May 16, 2005 1:27 pm

Buffalo are you sure someone wasn't pulling your leg on this heifer thing? I grew up in michigan and have known many canadians as well as travelled throughout canada, including ontario, including on vacation and for business and have never heard anyone "politely" refer to a girl as a heifer.

Me thinks someone set you up...

9 cm h2o

Hugh Jass

Post by Hugh Jass » Mon May 16, 2005 1:57 pm

Code: Select all

Easy Hugh Jass, 

I'm just having fun with Unclebob, don't want to start a war with the Quebecois too. Have you always lived in Quebec? Ontario is only place I have ever heard heifer = girl.
Don't worry..No war.

I've lived in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and then Quebec for the last 25 years.

BTW, I don't consider myself a "Quebecois" since that is a term normally reserved for a Quebec Seperatist, which I most definately am not.

I've been to Toronto many times and never heard of "hiefer" as a girl.

Are you sure you weren't on a farm when you heard it ... ?

(You can call a dog a girl, but you're asking for trouble if you reverse it.)

Regards
Trying is the first step towards failure.

BuffaloAl

Post by BuffaloAl » Mon May 16, 2005 2:15 pm

Oh thank goodness,

America's having enough wars right now.

Let's see, it wasn't Red / Green, or Mike Bullard, might have been in Nathan Phillips square at one of their summer festivals. Guys standing around, drinking a beer saying "hey check out the heifer on the left eh? " How about the one in the blue skirt eh?"

My Dad's generation used to call girls " broads", in mine we called them "chicks", now " babes" is most popluar except in the rap dialect where they call them something else.

LDuyer

Post by LDuyer » Mon May 16, 2005 3:19 pm

Neversleeps,

I'm at work all day and come home to THIS?

My friend, for all the names you've been called here today, I think you should get BuffaloAl to eat crow, or whatever other animal he chooses to come up with. And chickens just don't count.

My sympathies. Your new beau BuffaloAl has a lot of making-nice to do, don't you think?

This heifer nonsense. I think BuffaloAl was duped. Besides, even if it were true, what male in his right mind would take that risk?

But then, we're talking about BuffaloAl. I think his daughter tied his pony tail too tight, what do you think?

Linda

neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Mon May 16, 2005 3:54 pm

Hey BuffaloAl,
Maybe those guys were making derogatory comments about girls they thought were fat and you just mistakenly assumed it was their endearing nickname for all women.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe BuffaloAl just called me fat....

neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Mon May 16, 2005 4:11 pm

LDuyer,

I don't think it was the ponytail. I'm still sticking with the theory he consumed one too many Spongebob Poptarts.....

LDuyer

Post by LDuyer » Mon May 16, 2005 4:41 pm

Neversleeps,

BuffaloAl is hitting on you.
You know, some men insult the women they love.
Enjoy.
I simply don't rate. Enjoy this new man in your life.

Linda

unclebob

Post by unclebob » Mon May 16, 2005 5:15 pm

Hi neversleeps,

You're pretty cute especially in that bikini!!! But if you made that mess you're standing in I can understand why BuffaloAl can somehow think of girls as heifers. Sure looks like a cow pie to me!

Bob F
unclebob