Cheap heated hose

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
IRONFISH

Re: Cheap heated hose

Post by IRONFISH » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:51 am

Wow, this is the first post I have read on this site. It is exactly what I need. I am sick of being drown in the wee hours. I had stopped using my Autoset, because of the rainout.

When I first started reading the string, I remembered how some of my aquarium heaters were dangerous. Brand new, high end heaters that leaked electricity. Ya, lost fish and I zapped myself. As I read through the posts I decided I would just check out everything carefully on a frequent basis.

I just have one question that is probably not of any real concern. I have an implanted defibrillator, I wonder if that would interfere with the operation of the hose heater. I am guessing it would not have any effect because I would not be directly touching the heater. I have a lot of problems using things such as my Cellular phone, my computer and some other electronic things.

Thank you to everyone who has shared their knowledge and experience. I think I am going to try this out tonight, I miss my Autoset, I am not sleeping much, and the panic attacks are out of hand.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:30 pm

Ironfish: I found my insurance covered the climateline hose, which is compatible with the S9 series, including my Autoset.
Funny how the heated hose was considered medically necessary, but BCBSNE thought a washable tank was a luxury!

IRONFISH

Post by IRONFISH » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Very true, I do not like the idea of not being able to clean mine. I have a lot of problems if I do not keep my gear clean, maybe it is all the mold here in Western Oregon.

Snooze_Blues

Post by Snooze_Blues » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:08 pm

I get notified when this thread is bumped so I thought I'd check in. It's been a while.

I'm happy to say my Repti Heated Cable hose solution is still going strong with few problems since February 2008.

I had one cable fail without incident due to my bending the end of it repeatedly where it fit into the curved nose piece on the Respironics Comfort Lite2 mask. I replaced the Repti Heated Cable with a spare I had for such an occasion and all has been well since.

In December of 2014 I switched from the CL2 to the Swift FX and I'm happier with it so far. The Repti Heated Cable runs through my 10 foot CPAP hose and through the FX's smaller diameter hose almost to the nasal pillows with no condensation anywhere.

BTW: I changed my diet significantly in July of 2012 and lost about 20 (more) pounds. When I started CPAP therapy in 2007, I weighed 210 lb, briefly 215 lbs. I now weigh 175 lbs. My sleep doctor told me I could come in for another sleep study at this weight and I might be able to get off CPAP, but I can tell by lying on my back with no CPAP that my airway is still obstructed. I'm hoping to eventually get below 160 lbs, maybe 155 lbs, around my ideal weight, and have a sleep study done then if there is less airway obstruction when lying on my back. I still have some 'flab' around my neck, but hopefully it will be reduced if I lose another 15 lbs.

Software: SleepyHead by: jedimark
Settings: EPAP Min=7, Max=15; IPAP Min=11, Max=19; PS Min=4, Max=6
Home Setup: PR-S1 Auto SV
Sleep Study: PSG1 of 3
Avatar: The Mona Liz (acrylic on canvas by: JJS, circa 1975) ;)