Cheap heated hose

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

zipper cover

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:34 pm

Just lay it inside a hose cover with a full length zipper before adding the hose!

BigGayBert

Re: zipper cover

Post by BigGayBert » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:Just lay it inside a hose cover with a full length zipper before adding the hose!
Where did you find a zipper hose cover?? I would love one of those! The regular kind are such a pain to put on!

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): hose

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Resmed makes them with a zipper.

Putting some plastic wrap on the hose opening makes slipping the cover on much easier when it doesn't have a zipper.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

JeffH

Re: I'm in!

Post by JeffH » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:09 pm

[quote="BigGayBert"]I just ordered one of these, too! I'll be sure to give a full report.

I'm planning on attaching everything with duct tape! I like the fact that I can change my hoses with this thing.....I a little phobic about stuff like that so I like to get a fresh hose once a month.

boynedoc

Post by boynedoc » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:11 pm

I plan on affixing my incoming cable with zipties on the rubber ends of the hose. It should make for an easy switch out when I do change hoses.

BigGayBert

Post by BigGayBert » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:23 pm

JeffH wrote:If you attach everything with duct tape you aren't gonna change hoses...LOL.
Oh, you seriously underestimate my abilities with duct tape, sir! Those of us native to the Deep South are notorious for our ability to work with that particular medium! I can not only duct-tape something like nobody's business, but I can also UN-duct-tape something like a pro!

P.S. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean that I'm not good with tools and duct tape!!!! (Just kidding!)

zipper hose cover

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:31 pm

As previous poster said, resmed has a blue nylon one, PAPillow.com has a white quilted cotton one. Thats all I know of

ozij

Duct tape?

Post by ozij » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:11 am

Forgive my ignorance, but won't the warmth affect the duct tape adhesive?

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

p2pjunkie

Post by p2pjunkie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:32 am

The cable doesn't get as hot as a heating duct might get. I'm sure duct tape will hold that cable down very very well. It seems seriously excessive to me, but I certainly don't want question what a southerner does with duct tape

I liked TossinNTurnin's idea of just using the plastic coated twistie that comes with it.

What ever you decide, let us know how it works out...

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:48 am

BigGayBert wrote:I'm planning on attaching everything with duct tape! Very Happy
Bert- thanks for taking the "heat" off of my winding method

Seriously, I wind a similar type wire around my hose using velcro on the ends to keep it from sliding. For a cover to hold it in place I used an old scarf wrapped around the hose & wire, again using velcro.

ps. If you need help figuring out how to make this work you may need to bump up your pressure a bit

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:04 am

BigGayBert wrote:
JeffH wrote:If you attach everything with duct tape you aren't gonna change hoses...LOL.
Oh, you seriously underestimate my abilities with duct tape, sir! Those of us native to the Deep South are notorious for our ability to work with that particular medium! I can not only duct-tape something like nobody's business, but I can also UN-duct-tape something like a pro!

P.S. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean that I'm not good with tools and duct tape!!!! (Just kidding!)

Well that explains it then...you didn't say you were a southerner....LOL. Duct tape and baling wire will fix about anything if you are from the South.

Sleepy Sparky

heated cord

Post by Sleepy Sparky » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:43 am

Thanks for the feedback. As far as the covers are concerned, I just bought me some fleece material and sewed a strip of velcro down the seams and ta da easy open and closed cover. I was unable to find a zipper than was long enough, so velcro seemed like a logical alternative. So far it has worked like a charm. no rainout and easy to put on and remove. But cold weather headed this way for the "no rainout" claim might be a problem the next few night and I have not received my heated cord yet. (darn it).

FYI, being a southerner and growing up with a dad who is the "duct tape king", you are correct. Duct tape can easily be put on just about anything and easily removed too. But you would have to be a southerner, and growing up with the "duct tape will fix it" attitude does not hurt either......LOL

TossinNTurnin

Re: heated cord

Post by TossinNTurnin » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:38 am

sleepy sparky wrote:Thanks for the feedback. As far as the covers are concerned, I just bought me some fleece material and sewed a strip of velcro down the seams and ta da easy open and closed cover. I was unable to find a zipper than was long enough, so velcro seemed like a logical alternative. So far it has worked like a charm. no rainout and easy to put on and remove. But cold weather headed this way for the "no rainout" claim might be a problem the next few night and I have not received my heated cord yet. (darn it).

FYI, being a southerner and growing up with a dad who is the "duct tape king", you are correct. Duct tape can easily be put on just about anything and easily removed too. But you would have to be a southerner, and growing up with the "duct tape will fix it" attitude does not hurt either......LOL
May I make a suggestion in regards to duct tape? My husband works in broadcasting and instead of duct tape to tack down cables and wires etc ... they use something called "Gaffer's tape". It's a lot like duct tape, but is designed to release without leaving residue. Just like the best qualities in men it's both strong AND gentle.

You can also get it in a 1 inch width all the way up to 4" I think, and comes in different colors besides the classic gray/silver.

It's sort of a " hollywood elitist" duct tape. . Which for some, may reduce it's value somewhat... but not leaving residue on your equipment seems like a pretty useful benefit.

Here's a Wikipedia article on it.

And a sort of tongue and cheek but true article about it "Church of the holy Gaffer's Tape"

"She is a singer, and therefore capable of anything" Vincenzo Bellini

Zoo Med Repti Heat cable to prevent rainout and the Aussie heated hose

mild6

Post by mild6 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:57 pm

outch! after a year of struggling (so expensive that darn piece..), last month i finally bot the aussie hose with shipping charge to mail it from australia to hk!!! i wish this had come up earlier...

roster

Duct Tape and Southerners

Post by roster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:54 am

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related