remstar auto settings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rested gal

Re: remstar auto settings

Post by rested gal » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:08 pm

sixersclt, what is your email address, please? You can PM it to me by clicking the "PM" button on the left side of my post in the block that contains my picture, location, etc.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

ffarmer

Post by ffarmer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:31 pm

Babette wrote:Pity we can't direct him to the Red FAQ Section where all these manuals are posted.
B.
Okay, I didn't know the manuals were on the website. I gather the way to get to them is not there now? Is there another way? I would like to be able to access the manual for my machine, as I would like to know how I could read the data on it.

Anyone know how to get to the manuals now?

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:51 pm

ffarmer wrote:
Babette wrote:Pity we can't direct him to the Red FAQ Section where all these manuals are posted.
B.
Okay, I didn't know the manuals were on the website. I gather the way to get to them is not there now? Is there another way? I would like to be able to access the manual for my machine, as I would like to know how I could read the data on it.

Anyone know how to get to the manuals now?
Frances,

Please check your PMs.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

riveredge1

Post by riveredge1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Rested gal--i am trying to PM u but keeps coming up as untrusted site-- needing manual on remstar auto # 1007381--my sis has had it for few years and never used it to potential as in auto--they shoved machine at her and sent her home--i am want to help her get software and do a auto check to see if she is where she is suppose to be--she has gained lots of weight since then and has had tons of headaches and depression and bla bla bla--the usual stuff from not breathing right--thankyou and if you need my email let me know--thanks new to all this so may take a while to find this post again but i am registered

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:39 pm

hi riveredge...

Here's a link for you:

viewtopic.php?p=426303#p426303
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

riveredge1

Post by riveredge1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Thankyou rested gal--wish i had your knowledge about all of this ---stuff---my eyes are sore from reading--got the pr 1 hoping to monitor myself only to be disappointed about no software so sold part of my soul to get another machine with software--hope to soon be on track and know tiny bit more about me--you seem so confident about all this and it is comforting to know you are here--to fun to--this all still gives me the eby geebys sometimes and i want to turn and walk away--but dont--patience and time-- thaks for all you do here--it would take me another life time to read all that you have studied and written-

LindaFromIdaho

Post by LindaFromIdaho » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Rested Gal: Do you have a copy of the clinician manual for the Respironics REMstar Auto? We bought a machine second hand and haven't been able to set it correctly. My husband uses another machine, through a medical provider, but we needed a second one in our RV. If the manual is available, we would gladly pay for it. Thank you.

jules

Post by jules » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 pm

which model do you have? tank (legacy) or m series? cflex? aflex? (give a model name and number off the case and bottom if you don't know)

if you post that someone will get back to you on how to set it -

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:34 pm

LindaFromIdaho wrote:Rested Gal: Do you have a copy of the clinician manual for the Respironics REMstar Auto? We bought a machine second hand and haven't been able to set it correctly. My husband uses another machine, through a medical provider, but we needed a second one in our RV. If the manual is available, we would gladly pay for it. Thank you.
For one thing, you haven't joined the forum so nobody can contact you by Private Message (PM).
Besides that, the complete instructions are printed on Page 1 of this thread. That's all you need to change the settings.

OR......Follow the link that rested gal posted above.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Yank

Post by Yank » Fri May 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi, a newbie resurrecting a thread.

Just picked up a Remstar Auto machine (pre-M Series) for use as a spare. I adjusted the pressure setting, etc., but can't find any info re the "Auto-CPAP Mode" and/or ways to activate it. My set-up menu doesn't show an "Auto-CPAP" or "CPAP" choice. I set the ramp start to zero pressure to see if that would make a difference on the set-up screen...no luck. I'd appreciate any help.

Also, is there any way the machine itself can be disinfected without disassembly? All search results deal only with mask/tube/reservoir cleaning. A local provider's "expert" told me that no bacteria can get into the machine.* The manual mentions the use of a "main flow bacteria filter installed in-line between the (machine) and the circuit tubing,"
but a search for such a filter was unsucessful.
Napper

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Fri May 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Does your Auto have C-Flex. The manual for the Auto without C-Flex is different than the one with C-Flex. If it has C-Flex it should have the blue sticker on the left side. If you will PMK me your e-mail address I will be glad to send you the clinicial manual on which ever one you have ion PDF format.

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

archangle

Post by archangle » Fri May 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Yank wrote:
Also, is there any way the machine itself can be disinfected without disassembly? All search results deal only with mask/tube/reservoir cleaning. A local provider's "expert" told me that no bacteria can get into the machine.* The manual mentions the use of a "main flow bacteria filter installed in-line between the (machine) and the circuit tubing," but a search for such a filter was unsucessful.
Napper
Bacteria filters are here:

https://www.cpap.com/cpap-filters/bacte ... covers.php

They go between the CPAP machine and the hose.

Airflow goes from the machine towards the patient. Only clean, dry, filtered room air goes into the machine. There really shouldn't be any particular bacterial problems inside the machine.

Hoses and masks are "closer" to the patient, and, being after the humidifier, they are damp much of the time. They need more cleaning for that reason. Do be sure to keep the filters on the back of the machine clean and replace as necessary to keep crud out of the machine.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat May 07, 2011 9:48 am

Yank wrote:Hi, a newbie resurrecting a thread.

Just picked up a Remstar Auto machine (pre-M Series) for use as a spare. I adjusted the pressure setting, etc., but can't find any info re the "Auto-CPAP Mode" and/or ways to activate it. My set-up menu doesn't show an "Auto-CPAP" or "CPAP" choice. I set the ramp start to zero pressure to see if that would make a difference on the set-up screen...no luck. I'd appreciate any help.

Also, is there any way the machine itself can be disinfected without disassembly? All search results deal only with mask/tube/reservoir cleaning. A local provider's "expert" told me that no bacteria can get into the machine.* The manual mentions the use of a "main flow bacteria filter installed in-line between the (machine) and the circuit tubing,"
but a search for such a filter was unsucessful.
Napper
Right! It won't show some of that stuff unless you know what you're looking for

There have been other links given in this thread to lead you to what you're looking for.......but apparently you haven't been reading them. These instructions have been listed on the forum pages many, many times.

If you have a VERY old REMstar Auto (without-C-Flex), the way you'd have to set it to CPAP mode is to set the MINIMUM pressure and the MAXIMUM pressure to the same pressure setting.

The argument for the need to "disinfect" the inside of one of these machines is just silly.

Den

REMstar Auto w/C-Flex Setup

When in the Setup Menu, the humidifier ^ and ramp v buttons operate as up and down keys to change the settings, the left/right user buttons < > allow you to go to the previous/next question or setting, and the pressure start/stop button is used to exit the Setup Menu. Holding the humidifier or ramp buttons down will cause the values to change more quickly.

To enter the Therapy Setup Menu, hold the two top user buttons < > down while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding the buttons down until the REMstar Auto w/C-Flex beeps twice.

Note: The word "setup" will appear on all of the screens indicating that you are in the Therapy Setup Menu.
(If you press the Pressure start/stop button, you will exit the Setup Menu.)

A. Compliance hours/nights: (recommend leaving alone, but CAN be cleared at this point)
Select next setting with >

B. Therapy mode: (CPAP/CFLE/APAP/AFLE) select with ^ or v

B1. If CPAP or CFLE select pressure setting: Select with ^ or v

B1a. C-Flex mode (if you chose CFLE mode): Select setting 1, 2 or 3 with ^

B2. If APAP or AFLE, select minimum pressure setting: Select with ^ or v

B2a. If APAP or AFLE, select maximum pressure setting: Select with ^ or v

B2b. C-Flex mode (if you chose AFLE mode): Select setting 1, 2 or 3 with ^

C: Ramp time setting: Select with ^ or v
(ramp time will be turned off with a setting of 0:00)
(if using APAP or AFLE mode, Ramp setting MUST be set to 0:00)

D. Ramp pressure setting: Select with ^ or v (use only in CPAP or CFLE mode)

E. Patient disconnect setting: 1 = on 0 = off Select with ^ or v

F. Buttons lights setting: 1 = on 0 = off Select with ^ or v

(Last setting. Use On/Off button to exit Setup)

Yank

Post by Yank » Sat May 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Guys, thank you very much for the information! I'll be busy reading and setting.
Y

PS: The unit does not have C-FLEX, and was purchased from a supplier in 2004. My everyday machine has C-FLEX; this "new" one will be a spare. After reading posts, I'd like to try the Auto setting to see if there's any improvement in the way I feel. If so, I guess it'll time for a card reader and software...