Apria sucks - there I said it.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
geoDoug

Post by geoDoug » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:48 pm

RosemaryB wrote:If I were you, Doug, I'd get 2 scripts. Get one as advised above, but the second one would specify the hybrid with the words "full kit." A sleep tech told me that he recommends this to all his patients when they first get a mask, so they themselves can try the different sizes.
Excellent advice. Thanks. I'll call Stanford and get one "patient preference" script and one for a "hybrid universal mask full kit."

Doug.

dllfo

Post by dllfo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:22 pm

Like I have been telling people, I get pretty good service from Apria. Anyone who wants to know how can PM me. It is NOT hard to do.

Our Sacramento manager of Customer Service has read lots of posts in this
website, but said she never posted. She was appalled at the things people said about Apria. She even let me PM people with her direct phone line and email address. Unfortunately she had to quit to take care of her dad and I think get
her RN.

We have a new lady running Sacramento's Customer Service and SHE is also
a winner. How the manager found two in a row is amazing.

And remember, it isn't just Apria. They serve as a "lightning rod" for the industry I think. I have been treated poorly at other places too. The biggest problem I see at Apria is a lack of training, motivation and supervision. Most of the people are nice enough, but don't know how to help us or "work the system."

The RTs we have on here are the good ones. We are VERY lucky to have them.

Hey Slinky, have you had your "in-service" training on the Respironics BiPap auto SV unit?

Installing Software is like pushing a rope uphill.
I have Encore Pro 1.8.65 but could not find it listed
under software.

I LOVE the SV.

Perchancetodream

Post by Perchancetodream » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:49 pm

dllfo wrote:Like I have been telling people, I get pretty good service from Apria. Anyone who wants to know how can PM me. It is NOT hard to do.

snip
You know this begs the question, why should people have to PM you to get good service from Apria? Doesn't it just prove that "normal" service is poor?

Susan
Relatively disinterested because I am not dealing with them yet, but may be in the market for a new DME.

"If space is really a vacuum, who changes the bag?" George Carlin

geoDoug

Post by geoDoug » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:07 am

Perchancetodream wrote:Doesn't it just prove that "normal" service is poor?
This was exactly my thought.

Doug.

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:04 am

dllfo wrote: The biggest problem I see at Apria is a lack of training, motivation and supervision. Most of the people are nice enough, but don't know how to help us or "work the system.
Lack of training
Lack of motivation
Lack of supervision
Are all unacceptable in a system that deals with people's health. A business that employs untrained unmotivated unsupervised workers in positions that need training, motivation and suprovision should lose as many clients and potential clients as possible.

I'm trying to figure out in which kind of system I would find lack of training lack of motivation and lack of motivation acceptable.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:57 am

ozij wrote:
dllfo wrote: The biggest problem I see at Apria is a lack of training, motivation and supervision. Most of the people are nice enough, but don't know how to help us or "work the system.
Lack of training
Lack of motivation
Lack of supervision
Are all unacceptable in a system that deals with people's health. A business that employs untrained unmotivated unsupervised workers in positions that need training, motivation and suprovision should lose as many clients and potential clients as possible.

I'm trying to figure out in which kind of system I would find lack of training lack of motivation and lack of motivation acceptable.

O.
The "government" (take your pick of which one....they're all about the same)

And, not only is it "acceptable", it's rewarded......

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:08 am

You're right Den, but I was trying to think of acceptable for me...

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

peter catalano

Re: Apria sucks - there I said it.

Post by peter catalano » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:34 pm

the single worst experience I've ever had with a business, bar none. I can't possibly convey my disgust for the company in a post, but everything about dealing with them was a miserable experience. Horrible phone support, ignorant people, and lousey in every way possible. They gave me a fax number and then complained that they never got my faxes and it turns out that it turns out they changed tghe number weeks ago and the number they gave me had been disconnected. I couold go on and on. If you have a chioce, dealing with a heroin dealer in the worst neighborhood you can fine would be better than dealing with thjese people. Go find another company.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Rosemary - cpap.com needed a prescription on file to sell me masks.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 pm

englandsf wrote:Rosemary - cpap.com needed a prescription on file to sell me masks.
when you respond to a post that's 7 years old, it's called "necroing a dead thread"...

that's what you did.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:16 pm

I think Peter had that honor as he posted several minutes before me. "Necroing" - great word.

ShelaghDB

Post by ShelaghDB » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:30 pm

f I knew that, I would've kept the original of the Rx. I don't even have a copy of it.

My family doctor photocopies ALL prescriptions he writes, if not for legal reasons only.
Does your doctor potentially do the same?

If so, could you not have him simply fax a copy through to this horrid company?

 5k 27" Retina iMac,
 MacBookPro 10.9.5 13" 2.53Ghz + 10.9.5 13" 2.4Ghz
 iPad 4 16Gig + 3G  iPhone 5 + One + One 64gig CyanogenMod Version
 Apple TV + Airport Extreme

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:51 pm

englandsf wrote:I think Peter had that honor as he posted several minutes before me. "Necroing" - great word.
true, and you replied to someone that hasn't posted in nearly two years.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Necro-whatever, Crapria has maintained the same high level of service for at least seven more years.
{{{--What is that horrible smell?}}}

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:36 pm

chunkyfrog wrote: {{{--What is that horrible smell?}}}
oh, sorry, I thought I'd gotten all that off my shoes...