Apria sucks - there I said it.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Krelvin

Re: Apria sucks - there I said it.

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:15 am

I insist in getting a copy of the RX for both the machine and the mask (separate) and if the DME needs a copy, I can then provide it to them without any issues and also provide to Online shops if I want to purchase something on my own.

I also learned from the outset that I might be given a load of bull from a DME so I made sure that I had a copy of my sleep study and did some research before the visit like what the Insurance company actually covered and what was current equipment.

Lastly, I have always taken a small handheld voice recorder with me and recorded everything said. It is amazing how they are careful what they say when they realize you are recording the conversation. That has actually been my best tip that someone on another forum gave me a long time ago. Been using the same one now for 8 years which I bought specifically before my first DME visit.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Fed up

Post by Fed up » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:42 am

I have been trying to get a cpap machine from them since September. They lost the prescription multiple, then claim they call the doctor when they don't. Finally 2 weeks ago they fixed it and told me they were sending a unit. I called today to find the status. I have been on hold for over 39 minutes. My guess is no one will pick up the phone. This company truly does suck!!!!!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:50 am

I fired them when the made their first "mistake"
Some outfits don't deserve a second chance!

JeffV

Post by JeffV » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:18 pm

They finally got me my machine after about a month of nonsense... 39 minutes on hold is not at all uncommon. I plan on firing them as soon as I get my machine off rental.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Fed up wrote:I have been trying to get a cpap machine from them since September. They lost the prescription multiple, then claim they call the doctor when they don't. Finally 2 weeks ago they fixed it and told me they were sending a unit. I called today to find the status. I have been on hold for over 39 minutes. My guess is no one will pick up the phone. This company truly does suck!!!!!
Why don't YOU have the prescription? Makes life a lot simpler then.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:25 pm

((((still on hold))))

lilfrustrated

Post by lilfrustrated » Tue May 26, 2015 10:56 am

Yeah, Apria is pretty bad.. but that's what happens when companies get so big they can't keep track of their paitients properly. To fix that is an inside job and I don't have that kind of time. Over a month waiting for my CPAP equipment they actually had the balls to CANCEL my Doctor's expedited order.. why? They said I would have to pay like a thousand out of pocket.. 400 something a month yada yada...lol. I have insurance and they had to call Apria and tell them that this was incorrect. I received no call informing me that they had canceled the order btw. Being a heart patient with SEVERE OSA I was very surprised. Anyway, cool thing is I found another company in my state that isn't so big that they make HUGE blunders such as this one. If you arent' happy, shop around.. there are professional companies out there that will listen and care. I'm a heart patient and my new company made me feel like my patient issues were important. Good luck to you all!

Lisa

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue May 26, 2015 11:19 am

Believe it or not, I was with Apria a few years ago when they still had local offices in our area and hadn't yet adopted a national call line for supplies. I was one of the few people on this forum who occasionally shared my positive experience, tho somewhat anemically because they did make mistakes from time to time. Things didn't go too badly at first then within the space of a month the whole experience went into the crapper.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Redonthehead

Post by Redonthehead » Tue May 26, 2015 1:39 pm

I've had great service from Apria. Calls to the national 1-800 line have resulted in new pillows at my door in 3 days.

I recently called to inquire about the inhale noise on my 560P. Really just wondering if it was normal or if there was something I could do. The 1-800 referred me (abeit curtly) to the local facility. That girl asked me a few questions then said she would call PR and get back to me. In an hour she called back and said a brand new 560P would be waiting for me at her office in two days. This new machine is a lot quieter.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Tue May 26, 2015 2:26 pm

edited: didn't realize I necroed (yes, a real word!) the thread!

Last edited by SewTired on Tue May 26, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diabetes 2, RLS & bradycardia
Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue May 26, 2015 2:35 pm

Apria being a good provider . . . It has been known to happen. I found the local personnel quite helpful,
but their "company policy" demanded a valid cc# from me, and were intractable.
They also insisted that all refills would be by " mail" order, UPS ONLY,
and my neighborhood is crawling with thieves. Also, they stated they
would only be carrying P/R products, and I wanted the latest Resmed Airsense 10 for Her. (No way, froggie)
If that was not enough, they did not renew their contract with Medicare; so, buh-bye.
Happy you are pleased with your current situation. Be well.

Baja

Post by Baja » Wed May 27, 2015 9:21 am

I ran into the same issue with Rotech. I had a generic rx that said patient's choice for mask, but Rotech insisted on a specific rx for every mask. I.e. One for Quattro fx, another for a P10, etc.

I can use the generic rx if I pay cash and order online, but dealing with insurance companies require more paperwork from the DMEs. And I suspect that as soon as 1 insurance company asks for it they change their policy to require all patients provide a separate rx (to simplify their backend processing and customer service training).

It's sad because another layer of beauracracy gets added and doctors waste their time writing unnecessary prescriptions.

ephraimh

Post by ephraimh » Wed May 27, 2015 12:09 pm